Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Rogues and Elegon

Why is my dps shit? Im averaging 60-65k.

I top every other encounter so i know im not messing up my rotation.

I see some rogues pulling 100k+ on world of logs and wondering what im doing wrong. Maybe my strat?

I can say as a fellow melee, Death Knight, I just spend the entire fight inside the bubble tunneling the boss with the Titans buff up. Maybe you're spending too much time outside? Or missing the chance to have all the little adds stacked up and mass AoE'd inside the bubble?

Deleted
    Have you killed the boss with these dps or just trying?
    My raid have brought him to around 50 % multiple times, where I had around 90k if I remember correctly.
    Towards the end of the fight you will do much more damage to the boss. Every spark phase your raid manages to kill heightens the damage he takes by 10 %.
    So at the end you're looking at something like +150 % dmg overall with the buff from the platform.

I'm always switching to the protectors and end up at 85k-ish so unless you have crap weapons (I have the Seven star 489 and a 463 one, assa specced) you should try to work on your DPS uptime.

I try to always have something to get back to a target when switching (Shadowstep or Sprint) between Elegon & Protector.

I ended up last week at 75k DPS as Sub and tonight 85k as Assa.

And don't forget to keep DPS'ing the boss during Phase 1 > 2 switch (I tend to keep focusing Elegon until the first spark and CloS when the Charges are dying to minimize the damage considering I have around 11 stacks)

Im having problems killing the sparks, because i shadowstep and my camera gets fucked up

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm swapping to the adds as they die to reset stacks, popping feint and shadowstepping back in while running Elegon as combat. Sitting between 60 and 70k at the end of the first cycle (not kills, just yet). Have had some odd issues with Elegon deciding the tank is less interesting than the rogue... repeatedly... but while the fight is one buggered mess of running out and in and trying not to die while healers figure out where to stand, being low DPS isn't on my list of issues.

the whole fight seems buggy i noticed one weird bug i bound my CoS on mousebutton 4 and sprint on mousebutton 5 if i press sprint while im at the plattform it uses CoS automaticaly and its realy only on this platform outside of the fight it works properly IDK what this shit is all about but because of that i fucked up hard on this fight and have to rebind the buttons to something else
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

10+ Year Old Account
    Our mage tried to blink off the center platform and teleported to Elegon's face, if that's any consolation. I've been submitting such a horde of bug reports... KS puts you in front as well (just off center, in the breath attack).

Quote Originally Posted by Papapwn View Post
    Why is my dps shit? Im averaging 60-65k.

I top every other encounter so i know im not messing up my rotation.

I see some rogues pulling 100k+ on world of logs and wondering what im doing wrong. Maybe my strat?
    Are there any links about your Rogue or WoL?
    Maybe you don't get the best support.

Here's a video of how we killed it, from my PoV(Rogue). Its our second kill. Im playing Assassination for this fight, switching to the big adds. I found that speccing into Versatility is really a god send if you're on add duty. I make a few mistakes and whatnot in the fight, Im well aware of them. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a89D...&feature=g-upl

Edit: Comes with awesome music. :P

I was in the same exact boat as you on Sun night. Tonight I ended the fight with our first kill at 103K dps. I respeced to Assa and thought through my mobility rotations during spark time so I could keep rupture up on Elegon while switching to sparks(run back after first, ShS after second, sprint after third, ShS after 4th.) I switch to Protectors every time they spawn to clear my stacks and use feint before each annihilation ans ShS back to boss. Remember to use dispatch on everything <35%. The last burn phase is where you'll do the majority of your damage. Also remember going back into the 1st phase to FoK from inside the circle to the adds. You'll have the dmg buff.

my camera gets fucked up
    Last edited by mckinneathe; 2012-10-16 at 12:44 PM.

Your dps is going to be tied to your guild's strat. You never mentioned if you were a 10m guild or 25m. I run a 25m guild (Emergence- Undermine) and for our normal kill this week I hit 108k dps as combat (ilvl 470ish).

First off, you want to stay in the bubble during cycle 1 stage 1 as long as possible. I and the other melee stay in up to 15-18 stacks of overload. The protectors are tanked in melee range so melee can cleave and pulled out once their HP hits around 30%. Ranged dps finish off the first protector. After the second protector spawns and reaches approximately 35% HP, melee switch to him and follow him out of the bubble to clear stacks before stage 2.

As combat its important to get that strong opening and initial burn on Elegon during stage 1 cycle 1. During stage 2 you are constantly dancing between orbs and sprinting back to Elegon to put up a rupture (with any CPs) and do as much damage as possible to him before next orbs spawn. A 25m guild should be aiming for at least 5 waves of orbs per stage 2 cycle. That is going to have a huge influence on your final dps.

Now during stage 2 target switching you will see your dps drop dramatically. I spike extremely high in stage 1 but watch my dps drop to around 70-80k during stage 2. I do not hit the 100k mark and above until the final burn phase where we pop blood lust and use potions.

If your wiping before that final burn phase and before you have 10 stacks of damage debuff on the boss, you will not see your dps hit 100k or higher as a rogue. If your wiping at stage 2, 3 or cycle 2 stage 1, than your dps is probably around 70k and falls to 60-65k upon dying. If you die once during the encounter, kiss your dps goodbye.

Tips:
    Use ShS everytime its up and you need to get back to elegon (i.e. from orbs, from protector, etc.).
    Use AR/SB macro if your combat.
    Keep trinket on cooldown and try to line it up with deep impact from bandits guile or killing spree or AR.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercone View Post
    Your dps is going to be tied to your guild's strat. You never mentioned if you were a 10m guild or 25m. I run a 25m guild (Emergence- Undermine) and for our normal kill this week I hit 108k dps as combat (ilvl 470ish).

First off, you want to stay in the bubble during cycle 1 stage 1 as long as possible. I and the other melee stay in up to 15-18 stacks of overload. The protectors are tanked in melee range so melee can cleave and pulled out once their HP hits around 30%. Ranged dps finish off the first protector. After the second protector spawns and reaches approximately 35% HP, melee switch to him and follow him out of the bubble to clear stacks before stage 2.

As combat its important to get that strong opening and initial burn on Elegon during stage 1 cycle 1. During stage 2 you are constantly dancing between orbs and sprinting back to Elegon to put up a rupture (with any CPs) and do as much damage as possible to him before next orbs spawn. A 25m guild should be aiming for at least 5 waves of orbs per stage 2 cycle. That is going to have a huge influence on your final dps.

Now during stage 2 target switching you will see your dps drop dramatically. I spike extremely high in stage 1 but watch my dps drop to around 70-80k during stage 2. I do not hit the 100k mark and above until the final burn phase where we pop blood lust and use potions.

If your wiping before that final burn phase and before you have 10 stacks of damage debuff on the boss, you will not see your dps hit 100k or higher as a rogue. If your wiping at stage 2, 3 or cycle 2 stage 1, than your dps is probably around 70k and falls to 60-65k upon dying. If you die once during the encounter, kiss your dps goodbye.

Tips:
    Use ShS everytime its up and you need to get back to elegon (i.e. from orbs, from protector, etc.).
    Use AR/SB macro if your combat.
    Keep trinket on cooldown and try to line it up with deep impact from bandits guile or killing spree or AR.
    Protectors in cleave range is a good idea, my group dont use it (10m), and i got problem with my dps because i cant end my burst time and shadowstep to protector on the board of the platform. On my first kill i finish with 84k DPS, i didnt hit the first protector, finishing my burst at 140k DPS, and maintain 100k +. But on the stage 2 my dps was drop to 60k, doing 4 waves. repeating the same, and at the last phase dps burning without movement and adds coming around to 84k. i killed in Combat spec.

Deleted
    Quick question about Crimson Tempest usage:

On the sparks, are you using CT just as they spawn? I'm not 100% sure if they reach, I think if you're standing directly under Elgelon then it reaches.

If no, suggestions?

Mutix

Quote Originally Posted by Mutix View Post
    Quick question about Crimson Tempest usage:

On the sparks, are you using CT just as they spawn?
    Mutix
    This would only be good as sub, other specs shouldnt bother with CT. I know personally you can hit all 3 on the one side, but I never tried to hit all 6 in my run.

Make sure you spec Shadowstep; gives huge uptime for this fight. Additionally, your DPS will be much lower than WoL ranks if you're not making it to the burn phase. As long as your DPS is comparable to the rest of your group's, you're doing fine.

I'd really suggest speccing assassination for the fight, the execute sub 35% coupled with the fact that's when the boss takes more damage is just awesome.

Burst on the adds was great as well, did about 6.5 million on 8 waves killed (10 stacks total). It basically consists in keeping rupture up on the boss while pooling energy in order to mut->mut->envenom right away. Also remember to keep dispatch procs for the charges too.

www(.)worldoflogs.com/reports/k94cyhoi95zpdb0a/ <- WoL reference for our kill this week, do note that this was without prepotting as our mage failed his precast. (if anyone could fix it i'd appreciate it)

This was done with some gear, if you go on the kill we did previous week, that was done with around 370 itemlevel.

Remember to only reset stacks when you're bringing the protector out/every 2nd wave of energy charges you're killing.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Make sure you spec Shadowstep; gives huge uptime for this fight. Additionally, your DPS will be much lower than WoL ranks if you're not making it to the burn phase. As long as your DPS is comparable to the rest of your group's, you're doing fine.
    Pretty much this and this effect is increased if you are assa with the dispatch burn.

Still, 60 - 65k sounds a bit low at any stage of the fight for average, what are you doing in phase 1? just shadowstepping at the end of an add to reset then go back in? or do you have to switch all the way?
    What is your ilvl and spec?
    10 or 25 man?

Quote Originally Posted by hihu View Post
    Pretty much this and this effect is increased if you are assa with the dispatch burn.

Still, 60 - 65k sounds a bit low at any stage of the fight for average, what are you doing in phase 1? just shadowstepping at the end of an add to reset then go back in? or do you have to switch all the way?
    What is your ilvl and spec?
    10 or 25 man?
    Personally, I just swap onto an add as it goes by me and DPS it as it's dragged to edge. If it doesn't come near me on its way out, I pop Sprint to get on it. Once it's at the edge, I reset my stacks and continue DPSing. Once it's low enough to be dragged out, I reset my stacks again and swap back to the boss with Shadow Step and Feint when the AoE starts casting.

This is as assassination, ilvl 480, 10man. It's working for me and my group.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2012-10-17 at 01:20 AM.