Thread: What other MMO

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiz View Post
    Thanks guys Found home on the Guardian side, on the server Deepwood.

A question, i've read that rift only uses one core of your proccesor is this true, and if so how can you get it to utilize all cores?
    Join the discussion in the Rift forum. Several MMO-C players on your server should be able to answer your questions better.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/forums/338-Rift

Quote Originally Posted by Trezero View Post
    A buddy of mine told me to try out The War Z. said it was pretty fun. i think he's in the beta for it now. anyone else tried this or know anything about it. from what i gather its a survival mmo with free world pvp... with mother f***king zombies!!!! yeah
    Yeah it's in Alpha atm but it's also getting a fair share of negative reviews. I'd try the Alpha or Beta before investing.
    Last edited by Azuri; 2012-10-17 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seiz View Post
    Thanks guys Found home on the Guardian side, on the server Deepwood.

A question, i've read that rift only uses one core of your proccesor is this true, and if so how can you get it to utilize all cores?
    I don't believe that to be the case, I think it uses up to three, but have a look at this thread: http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ce-tweaks.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trezero View Post
    A buddy of mine told me to try out The War Z. said it was pretty fun. i think he's in the beta for it now. anyone else tried this or know anything about it. from what i gather its a survival mmo with free world pvp... with mother f***king zombies!!!! yeah
    The game is actually in Alpha at the moment and from what I hear has all the problems if not more that come with alpha stage. If that doesnt bother you then you should probably check it out as Im sure things will improve.

There is also DayZ which is techincally a Arma2 mod at this time, but we will be seeing a standalone in the next couple months *crosses fingers

But I warn you DayZ is not for the faint of heart and also has its problems as it is in alpha stage as well. If your looking for hardcore, unforgiving, brutal, game play then Id say pick up Arma2 and get the DayZ mod. But keep in mind standalone will also require a purchase but should follow the same minecraft model that WarZ is following for purchase at the early stage which could be as low as $10.

Also should you choose to go with DayZ pre standalone I suggest picking up the Lingor Island map and playing on the private hives. Official maps are loaded with script kiddies and due to the engine design its extremely hard for the anti cheat to pick up on them because the engine itself is built on a military sim designed to allow client side scripts to be ran so players can create any scenario.

tl;dr

WarZ will most likely appeal to more PvE and casual play styles, though this still has yet to be determined

DayZ is unforgiving and is definitely not for everyone and imo is and will always be the more realistic zombie survival MMO simply because it is built off of military sim technology. But to be fair, that too has yet to be determined.

Deleted
    WarZ has been getting a lot of flak for dodgy marketing and monetising. There's also severe doubt that they can hold up to the promises they made.

Rift may have more raids, but SWTOR has far better content with a far more interesting story and far more compelling gameplay. So far SWTOR is living up to its promise of delivering content every 6 months, but Rift still has a head start, and who knows if SWTOR will be able to keep up this pace.

So basically if you want MORE content, go for Rift. If you want BETTER content, go for SWTOR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rift, If it wasnt for wow taking up all of my time i'd be on there right now!
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    Rift may have more raids, but SWTOR has far better content with a far more interesting story and far more compelling gameplay. So far SWTOR is living up to its promise of delivering content every 6 months, but Rift still has a head start, and who knows if SWTOR will be able to keep up this pace.

So basically if you want MORE content, go for Rift. If you want BETTER content, go for SWTOR.
    That's pretty subjective really, I mean what is 'better' content? Rift btw has only a nine month headstart, barely a lead at all. They also roll out patches on average every two months, and I definitely think that their content is amazing.

About the only thing I enjoyed in SWTOR were the story lines as you leveled, but beyond that the content was extremely lacking in quantity and quality.