[Music] What has happened to Kanye West?

I first saw Kanye in his song called "Jesus Walks". From there I saw more of his work, and thought to myself "Finally, an artist who I can like that doesn't sing about the same things as the rest of them." Today, just a few minutes ago as I write this, I saw Kanye in a song called "Birthday Song" by 2 Chainz. Now, I don't normally listen to rap or hip-hop. I don't like what they sing about. So, seeing Kanye sing that song made me sad. I lost respect for him. I always admired what he sung about and how it didn't go into such harsh things that I don't agree with.

It just amazes me he would do this. So, I wander, what happened to the respectable artist I once admired? Why did he turn into singing about big butts and other stuff like this? Just makes me sad. I can't admire him anymore for doing this. Does anyone feel the same way?

Fame happened.

If you want a truly depressing realization, check out the earliest stuff Black Eyed Peas did. You won't believe it's by the same group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I used to respect him too. Now he has turned abominable.
    Kanye, we don’t want to hear about your niggas or your big ass ladies. Shut up and make room for the real artists.

I don't like what they sing about. So, seeing Kanye sing that song made me sad.
    LOL "singing"

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Gecko View Post
    Fame happened.
    He achieved world wide fame long before selling out.

He's still one of the best producers in the game. People usually put too much emphasis on the person over the music. Same things with lyrical content, as if lyrics were somehow the prime feature in most music. It's profound to me. I could care less if he was chairman Mao incarnate - if the production is dope.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    He achieved world wide fame long before selling out.

He's still one of the best producers in the game. People usually put too much emphasis on the person over the music. Same things with lyrical content, as if lyrics were somehow the prime feature in most music. It's profound to me. I could care less if he was chairman Mao incarnate - if the production is dope.
    That's what's so disheartening about it though. If you hear Kanye's story and where he came from, you'll fall in love. College Droput - Graduation was amazing, because he talked about real things. His life, losing his mom, his car accident, religion, being Jay Z's understudy. It was real. Now it's just some fathead bragging about how much money he makes everyday. =/

Quote Originally Posted by 0mni View Post
    That's what's so disheartening about it though. If you hear Kanye's story and where he came from, you'll fall in love. College Droput - Graduation was amazing, because he talked about real things. His life, losing his mom, his car accident, religion, being Jay Z's understudy. It was real. Now it's just some fathead bragging about how much money he makes everyday. =/
    His music has always been about the production first, lyrics second. He's never really been a world-class lyricist or rapper, but all of his albums have featured some of the greatest production in Hip-Hop.

15+ Year Old Account
    I still like him, minus most of the songs he's "featured" in because they're not by him so they're not going to be at least decent. Kid Cudi is still however my favorite rapper. (Favorite =/= Best, before flaming)

Deleted
    Listen to White Dress off the RZA OST soundtrack. Proper old school Yeezy.
    His production is still on point though.

Deleted
    He's always had tons of songs that are merely pure pop and that lack any lyrical substance. This is nothing new.

Listening to Watch The Throne was just sad. Jay-Z absolutely destroyed him on every song, it was painful to hear....

10+ Year Old Account
    Is that the guy who interrupted Tayler Swift's award speech? God I hate that guy!

Quote Originally Posted by gruyaka View Post
    He's always had tons of songs that are merely pure pop and that lack any lyrical substance. This is nothing new.

Listening to Watch The Throne was just sad. Jay-Z absolutely destroyed him on every song, it was painful to hear....
    I think Jayden Smith could destroy Kanye at the moment, to be honest.

Says the guy with a gun for his avatar. And a matter of fact I like "birthday song"