Thread: Playstation 3

Deleted

Playstation 3

I got the YLOD (Yellow Light of Death) on my 60GB Phat Playstation 3 and am looking to replace it. However there is now a Slim and a Super Slim I was wondering if people can tell me which is the better option and less likely to overheat and get the YLOD again or just break easily. I don't have kids or younger brothers or sisters to mess around with it so it is just going to sit near my TV.

Honestly I dont think there is any difference between the slim and super slim besides the body and maybe hard drive, so there is not much advantage getting one over the other.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    I prefer the look of the slim to the super slim but I have heard some people have problems with the disk loading bay and the same thing packed up on my original PS3 60GB a few times don't know if anyone can set me straight here. I also would like to install a SSD into the PS3 and not sure if that is possible on the new Super Slim..

I've got the normal ps3 slim and I've had no problems whatsoever for these past 1.5 years.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    The newer one is much smaller. Literally half the size of the older slim. Not far from the wii. Uses less energy but not massively so. Bear in mind the older slim has a disk injector which is kinda cool. The new one has a top lid slider instead.

Deleted
    The Super Slim is 1 inch shallower and almost no difference in height. It also has a sliding lid loading disc drive kinda like on old PS1 which is supposed to be noisy.

The cpu and gpu in the super slim are the same ones in the last of the slims made, 40/45nm. Ive had one of the 320GB Slims for a while now and the fan has never even increased in speed from quiet idle in over 20 games ive got.

The new slim is made super cheap and it shows, you should watch a few unboxing videos or reviews for it. Better to just get a 320GB slim and not bother with a SSD as they dont make much difference on PS3.