Elegon Road Block

We had our first night of Elegon progression last night but hit a bit of a road block. We did excellent with getting only 2 Protectors the first phase and 4 waves of orbs before pushing to the third phase. Our problem was killing the adds at the end of phase 3 while transitioning to phase 1 again. Since the raid group was split (1 Tank, 1 Healer and 3 DPS) into 2 groups to kill the pillars we had each group AoE'n down their own adds after the pillars went down. Problem is that Tanks are getting wrecked trying to kite them around while the raid AoE's and we cant finish up before being death gripped back into the middle when Elegon becomes attackable again. Anyone have a good way to get these adds down before transitioning back to the boss? DPS looked good and phases went excellent other than this for having never pulled it. Need some advice guys.
    Last edited by pallyballz; 2012-10-16 at 12:15 PM.

Deleted
    You can slow and root the adds. We use a setup with a blood dk ( me ) and a DPS DK. We just both spec Chilbains, we tag evry mob with diseases. As soon as the platform apears we get into the circle agian. And i continue to kite the adds around while the rest of the raid dot them up and continue on the boss. I tell ppl they shoudent risk it with the adds, so as soon as someone has one sticking on him. He/she kites it away and the tank tryes to pick him back up. The most importend thing is to try to dot them up with the pillars going down, and never ever stand still to dps the add, cause it will simpely rape you.

Deleted
    Have your 2 groups during the Pillar phase kill the same pillars on each side (so if you're looking at the fight from the starting position you kill the pillars on the left/right, then the 2 middle ones, then the 2 at the back of the room) then once the last 2 pillars are dead everyone groups up in the middle of the back of the room (directly opposite your starting position).

1 tank will collect all the adds (usually one side of the room gets more than the other so they'll have to sort it out on the fly) while the other goes and picks up the boss as soon as the floor appears.

The tank collecting the adds just needs to group them all up and pull them into the ring as soon as the floor is up so the group can AoE it all down, you may get 1 or 2 adds just roaming about but they're easy to pick off.

I'd advise against rooting any of the adds as they will swap to anyone in range (melee) and they can kill people pretty quickly, so it's better to slow and stun if you need to control them a bit.
    Last edited by mmocee72ac48eb; 2012-10-16 at 01:01 PM.

Have a frost DK spamming HB with Chillblains and just have your tanks kite them a bit. They do pretty decent damage but don't hit insanely hard, just have your tanks save CDs for that phase if it's an issue.

As for Elegon's death grip, trying to figure that one myself. We're going to try having our druid tank Feral Charge back to the boss while I (prot pally) pick up and work the adds until the first Protector comes out.

Deleted
    We killed Elegon last night.

1. Make sure all the pillars go down within a pretty short timeframe.
    2. Both tanks run to the "ranged hug position" (for us it was on the edge of the big circle so they could easily reset stacks).
    1 of the tanks pick up the adds while the other tank runs to tank Elegon. I tanked the adds on my brewmaster monk.
    Taunt on my ox statue = All adds on me, Leg sweap = 5 sec aoe stun --> NUKE THEM DOWN
    It was no problem really. Just make sure the tank pop a cooldown when tanking the adds. You cant burn all your big CD´s here, since you will need them in the last phase to ease it up for your healers.
    We killed all the small adds before the first big add spawned in that phase. I ran to tank the boss after the small adds were dead (because i had no stacks then), and the other tank could run out, reset his stacks, and tank the 1 add that just spawned.

Hope this can help.

Pillars should go down together with short time from each other.
    Im the tank pulling elegon when the floor appears again and basically what we are doing with adds on my side is:
    Im always leaving consecration and building aggro on adds. If we can zerg some ok but if I still have a lot of adds on me when going to pull elegon again
    our warrior simple heroic leap close to me and shockwave adds, our shadow priest also use the stun and by the time the aoe from the other dps got all adds down already
    in the first protector which comes on the next phase we have no adds from previous phase more

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boombrew View Post
    We killed Elegon last night.

1. Make sure all the pillars go down within a pretty short timeframe.
    2. Both tanks run to the "ranged hug position" (for us it was on the edge of the big circle so they could easily reset stacks).
    1 of the tanks pick up the adds while the other tank runs to tank Elegon. I tanked the adds on my brewmaster monk.
    Taunt on my ox statue = All adds on me, Leg sweap = 5 sec aoe stun --> NUKE THEM DOWN
    It was no problem really. Just make sure the tank pop a cooldown when tanking the adds. You cant burn all your big CD´s here, since you will need them in the last phase to ease it up for your healers.
    We killed all the small adds before the first big add spawned in that phase. I ran to tank the boss after the small adds were dead (because i had no stacks then), and the other tank could run out, reset his stacks, and tank the 1 add that just spawned.

Hope this can help.
    He summed it up really nicely. We were struggling on Elegon for few pulls until we realized that key is in destroying those pillars (all of them) within small time difference. That way you shouldn't have a lot of adds spawning , since they do not spawn in first 15-20 seconds in P3.
    Also we "collapse" where console is , both groups come to that spot, saving AOE stuns , snares , MD's for adds and we just pull them toward boss and AOE them down before Protector even spawns, or shortly after.

Good luck , it's fun fight.
    Serbian <MYST> , Draenor EU

Quote Originally Posted by Serb View Post
    We were struggling on Elegon for few pulls until we realized that key is in destroying those pillars (all of them) within small time difference.
    This was a key learning point for us as well. To clarify, the boss will summon adds more quickly as you destroy more pillars. For this reason, we found it advantageous to destroy all of the pillars as close to simultaneously as possible. We simply have our DPS attack the pillar that their assigned orb was attempting to reach. This cuts down the number of spawns

Regarding the death grip, just make sure you have a tank rush into melee range as soon as the boss activates.

Everyone else has covered everything else you need to know - kiting, stuns, whatever you have to do to get them dead in a timely manner will smooth this out for you.

Deleted
    After the first cycle ends we gather all the p3 adds on the opposite side from the control panel (where our ranged stack up in) and one tank holds them off for AoEing while the other goes for the boss as soon as the floor comes back up. Make sure you stun them as much as possible. As a protadin I glyphed Holy Wrath (AoE stun for elementals) and Blinding Light (AoE knockdown) just for these adds. Went really smooth and we lost nobody to them.

EDIT: The pillar suggestions do hold true as well. We even got the achievement for killing them all within 10 secs (without even knowing it was an achievement).

We also got the achievement for this, which is basically "you're doing it right" (kill all pillars within 10 seconds of each other). Unsurprisingly, this kill seemed easier than last weeks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thisisanalt View Post
    Have your 2 groups during the Pillar phase kill the same pillars on each side (so if you're looking at the fight from the starting position you kill the pillars on the left/right, then the 2 middle ones, then the 2 at the back of the room) then once the last 2 pillars are dead everyone groups up in the middle of the back of the room (directly opposite your starting position)..
    This cannot possibly work since the pillars are connected with a diagonally opposed one, not it's counterpart... so (using clock as reference) 3 is connected with 9, 1 with 7, 5 with 11...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morghie View Post
    This cannot possibly work since the pillars are connected with a diagonally opposed one, not it's counterpart... so (using clock as reference) 3 is connected with 9, 1 with 7, 5 with 11...
    It can be done (there's even an achievement for it that we did get, unknowingly). You can do it 2 ways: Have your DPS spread out between pillars once P3 starts or just get your ranged DPS to pick up the furthest pillars, while the melee take the closest, and nuke everything down to 10% before killing them all.

Deleted
    Just split your 6 DPS onto each orb (as you normally would) but then use the same assignments for the pylons (EG, top left orb kills top left pylon). It removes the lag you get waiting for pylons to chain up and drop the shield and you get barely any adds (on our kill we had maybe 4 adds on our best phase). Get your DPS to kill the pylons from the shield for 3-4 seconds before moving off of the platform (abuse that 50% damage buff while you can) and then all meet up at the starting control panel.

Run the adds into the shield and AoE them down, they die super fast in the shield. If you have a warrior tank, get him tank the boss and put a banner down at the starting control panel (where your healers will be anyway) and everything will get taunted to the boss. Then the ranged gets into position and nukes the adds and boss. Super quick and easy. This way your melee can just go back to nuking the boss immediately and then AoE when the adds reach them.

After all the pillars are down group up on the place where the ranged camp is standing in p1
    Dont let the dps do much damage to the adds unless there really isnt anything else to dps - you DONT want them to aggro an add really if its not needed.
    Once all adds are stacked up the boss is about to spawn pretty much, make sure one of your tank grabs it fast, while the other aoetaunts, do an aoe stun right after and let the tank kite a little bit over the platform ( he needs to go on there anyway since he needs to pick up the boss from the tank fairly fast as that one needs to pick up the celestial add )
    As long as aggro is secure then ranged can safely aoe them down WITH the damage buff which will help tremendously.
    Other things that are helpfull is setting up a CC rotation ( slow / stun / roots ) on the adds depending on the classes you have available to you.
    This will releave your healers even more as they wont have to spam heal a tank eventhough he is using CDS.