Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    usually find one or two when I do a herbing run (usually I get bored at about an hour). Currently my herbalist is turning in spirits for them as I have no use for the motes which drop for him, and I make them into flasks. a few days of dailies usually gets me 30 odd flasks worth + alch procs.

I think they are fine tbh, you can get 3 for one spirit after all.

I find it easier to farm the Sprites in Vale for motes of harmony and cash em for 3 Lotus' each. Usually average about 6-9 Lotus's (2-3 Spirits) an hour.

You can farm about ~4-7 Spirits of Harmony in about 30 minutes to an hour. Yes, Spirits.

Deleted
    Have they increased the droprate of mote of harmony since the start of the expansion? I recall that the droprate was way lower when we were leveling at the beginning. I only got 35-40 motes of harmony from level 85 to 90. And now it seems like more mobs drop motes.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm about to hit 90 today, been leveling since last weekend. So far I've found 9, and I always stop to pick herbs when I'm leveling/grinding.

Quote Originally Posted by Flanito View Post
    Have they increased the droprate of mote of harmony since the start of the expansion? I recall that the droprate was way lower when we were leveling at the beginning. I only got 35-40 motes of harmony from level 85 to 90. And now it seems like more mobs drop motes.
    I believe the drop rate is higher on lvl 90 mobs.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I only started leveling last weekend, and have been playing off and on during the week. So far, with all the mobs I've killed, I've got 28 motes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lon the Bull or Norlaxx's bags are wonderful.

50 lotus in one day because I got lucky with Lon.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

i farmed for an hour in a really good place and got around 1000 herbs and 9 golden lotuses, i cant tell you the place or the kind of herb i farmed cause you know, i rather keep it to myself.

Deleted
    There are one or two places that are relatively decent for golden lotus - finding about 4-7 every 2 hours of farming, getting a ton of other herbs as well.

Cheapest/easiest way is just to get your Tillers farm up to revered and plant motes of harmony. Guaranteed 3 golden lotus every day - which is why you'll probably see a drop in prices soon as more alts get to level 90.

The farm is the best, however people are incorrect aboout alt's flooding the market with farmed (from teh farm) lotus'. It takes a good week or so to get each alt up to speed to reap the benifits with teh farm. True not too bad, but then leveling to 90, having your main to do dailies/raid/whatever...not alot of people will find the time to get the rep up there. Unless Blizz has made rep gains easier for alts. If they do that then the markets going to crash hard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DZalvi85 View Post
    i farmed for an hour in a really good place and got around 1000 herbs and 9 golden lotuses, i cant tell you the place or the kind of herb i farmed cause you know, i rather keep it to myself.
    It's this place in Kun-Lai where you farm Snow Lily's in a cave.

This is the place

P.S.: On my server, EU Auchindoun, I bought some for 116g / piece, lol !
    Last edited by mmoce1481b81e5; 2012-10-21 at 01:40 PM.

Golden Lotus was literally the first herb I picked on my farm toon a couple days after MoP launched....

....I haven't seen a single one since. Luckily the Spirits of Harmony are next to useless for my main's professions (JC/Ench), so I am able to spend them on Lotus for my alchemist to make my flasks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jetersky View Post
    Golden Lotus was literally the first herb I picked on my farm toon a couple days after MoP launched....
    How's that possible, you need 550 skill !

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    the drop rate on lvl 90 mobs seems indeed to be higher.

Which makes sense, otherwise everybody would just farm mobs in the Jade Forest as they are easier (faster) to kill.

I hate it when Blizz does this then admits the respawn rate is too low...so change the respawn rate already

I don't spend all day herbing. I have seen two since launch casual gathering.
    Last edited by Khat; 2012-10-22 at 11:34 PM. Reason: another thought

Farming? I get blowjobs more often than I find Golden bloody Lotus. What a fucking cockpissing joke of a herb! Motes of harmony farming as well for flasks. Wonderful. It's bollocks and it needs to get out my face before I punch it through the internet.
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght

Besides the farming (Tillers) which by RNG should get you 2-5 per day, find a high level herb area in DW or TS. Farm a decent (but not too large) area repeatedly. Once you clear out the first run of plants, the respawn should get you 1-2 per cycle (over 25-ish nodes). I use this daily and it will get me 12-15 per hour on a high population server. One of the better places is the Briny Muck to the SW in DW, but it is a high-quest area and you'll have players sometimes picking up your Golden Lotus spawns. =P

Deleted
    My guild uses about 500-600 a week, we got most through donations by people who bought them for Spirit of harmony.

Either blow your Spirits of Harmony or find someone running a bot to buy cheap off of, really.