Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

So should we be asking for new runeforge?

Just curious with all the new enchants is our own enchant for dps better than the enchanting ones? Do you think we should get some new rune forges its been awhile now stuck with the same ones.i would like to see a mastery one....

If it isn't broken don't fix it. Rune of the Fallen Crusader is better than any weapon enchant in the game. You may find it boring after 4 years, but it is still statistically better and will probably remain so for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    If it isn't broken don't fix it. Rune of the Fallen Crusader is better than any weapon enchant in the game. You may find it boring after 4 years, but it is still statistically better and will probably remain so for the foreseeable future.
    I tend to agree, however I'd like maybe a visual update to make the runes "pop" a bit more.

10+ Year Old Account
    i mean i love our DK only enchants but with some of the Dks i talk to most dont use many other enchants besides fallen crusader, razor ice cinderglacer and stone skin.
    have you guys seen other DK's use different ones?

Deleted
    as long its free, im happy

Quote Originally Posted by Aunai View Post
    i mean i love our DK only enchants but with some of the Dks i talk to most dont use many other enchants besides fallen crusader, razor ice cinderglacer and stone skin.
    there is no reason to use other ones (besides swordshattering and on occasion the magic reduction one) as they are extremely good and better than any enchanting weapon enchants in game.

I still get good laughs at dks who have enchanting weapon enchants in lfr/lfd though

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    games aren't supposed to be based on what's statistically better, but on what is fun. runeforging is not fun. blizz should make it fun or scrap the system entirely and grab a new one.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    games aren't supposed to be based on what's statistically better, but on what is fun. runeforging is not fun. blizz should make it fun or scrap the system entirely and grab a new one.
    And this is why you don't work designing an MMO. Know what else isn't fun? Being rebuilt every patch.

On topic; I'd personally like to just see more updated visuals. Fallen Crusader looks exactly like the new epic melee enchant. :/
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

by your definition, almost every enchant should be removed because they're not fun.
    one is almost always statistically better and the only thing you get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aunai View Post
    I have one weapon with Fallen Crusader and other with Swordshattering. No one deserves 10 second disarms.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    by your definition, almost every enchant should be removed because they're not fun.
    one is almost always statistically better and the only thing you get.
    yup. enchanting is a boring system. and I'm an enchanter, so I know pretty well how boring it is. it would be much better if there were many different types of effects that were as good for a demo lock as for a healing priest or a DK tank and you had to choose the one you like the most.

but there's one thing that makes them different:

enchanting promotes social contact. you have to look for enchanters, maybe you give them the mats, get the enchant, pay for it. or you can use the AH and take some money out of your realm's economy.

runeforging, however, just means a mindless trip to acherus every time you grab a new weapon. death gate, run to the runeforge, use your BiS rune that you haven't earned by any means and profit. it may give you an edge against your enemies, but what else does it do? wouldn't it be better if you had this edge as a passive and something better on runeforging?

So... you are saying that almost all enchants should be removed as they are anything but fun?? there are other things in game that are fun... enchants were meant to add useful stats to an item, not to be fun...

Quote Originally Posted by catbeef View Post
    sadly this isn't always true.. when i need an enchant i log onto my enchanting character.
    that enters a new merit:

by levelling another toon to level 85(min) and levelling his enchanting skills to level 600, you've earned the right to avoid social contact when enchanting.

but what did you do to earn fallen crusader? you just got it for free at level 70.

let's list the pros and cons:

• cons:
      • runeforging is not fun;
      • runeforging does not cool the economy down;
      • runeforging does not promote social interaction of any type;
      • runeforging is not earned;
    • pros:
      • runeforging takes you to visit your class's hub every now and than;

my conclusion is that the current system could very well be turned into passive skills, and a new, more interesting system could be added to take us to acherus every now and than.
    Last edited by checking facts; 2012-10-16 at 03:45 PM.

i like that the runeforges aren't in your face graphically. Fine as is, imho.

Deleted
    As long as Blizz keep them better than normal enchants I don't really need new ones.

Deleted
    the enchs are ok. Could do with some new visuals tho

I hated being forced to use Runeforges in Cata, since all of the Cata enchants were amazing. Yet somehow everyone hated the over-the-top visual effects. (crazy right? o_0)

But seeing as how Blizz nerfed the "over-the-top'd-ness" of enchants, this is less of an issue :P

Coming from a rogue where landslide hid my legendary daggers and made everything look hideous, I couldn't be more grateful for runeforging on my DK.

I don't have this obnoxious weapon enchant. I don't have to spend 1000g on an enchant, or 2000g for dual wielding.

Nothing was worse than searching databases for weapons that don't show enchants on them so that I didn't have to see landslide.

Please, don't touch runeforging.
    Top 100.

that enters a new merit:

by levelling another toon to level 85(min) and levelling his enchanting skills to level 600, you've earned the right to avoid social contact when enchanting.

but what did you do to earn fallen crusader? you just got it for free at level 70.

let's list the pros and cons:

• cons:
      • runeforging is not fun;
      • runeforging does not cool the economy down;
      • runeforging does not promote social interaction of any type;
      • runeforging is not earned;
    • pros:
      • runeforging takes you to visit your class's hub every now and than;

my conclusion is that the current system could very well be turned into passive skills, and a new, more interesting system could be added to take us to acherus every now and than.
    Runeforging WAS earned, Death knights get it just for being a Death Knight because based on the lore of our class we brand runes into our weapons and then use those runes to power our skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Murdos View Post
    And this is why you don't work designing an MMO. Know what else isn't fun? Being rebuilt every patch.

On topic; I'd personally like to just see more updated visuals. Fallen Crusader looks exactly like the new epic melee enchant. :/
    I agree with this. The only thing I'd like is maybe a choice in aesthetics with regards to the few runes we use. A free enchant which scales is a dream come true.