Trouble with Will of the Emperor (10n)

Hello. I usually do not post on forums too much but we could use some help. We blew through the first five bosses in MV and hit a brick wall with this one. I keep hearing that if you can get through the others then this one should not be an issue, obviously not the case for us as we are getting almost no health off these guys. What I am looking for from this post, is hopefully some form of strat with who is killing which adds or just positioning set up that would be useful to us. We are a bit melee heavy for this encounter with our warrior rerolling affliction and about 90. Our comp is as follows.

Tanks: Brewmaster/Blood
    Melee: Combat/Ret/Fury
    Ranged: BM/Fire/Shadow
    Heals: HPal/Mists

Raid dmg is just awful. We are thinking of tanking the strengths away from the bosses with the ret paladin to avoid having people think more. Tank dmg has been typical, with both tanks usually avoiding the entirety of devastating combos.

Thanks in advance.

This fight actually favors melee. There shouldn't be much raid damage at all; are all melee avoiding devastating combos? If they're not, that's the biggest problem.

They struggled a bit at first, but after they got down the combos it still seemed like we were struggling

Deleted
    Yeh, the tanks shouldn't be tanking the Strength adds.
    Ret pally tanking/killing them away from everyone works for us.
    Ranged on little adds as prio, unless there is a Courage up.

See how close you get doing that, then adjust for people who can't do the dance. Put them on adds too.

do you have any logs? That'll help a lot.

This fight really shouldn't have much raid damage aside from when the room is filled with those gas thingy. Your raid should use some CCs on the small add. The add with the shield needs to go down first. Ret pally should be tanking the Strength add away from raid. This fight really pretty much comes down to avoiding devastating combos. Make sure your tanks are using the extra button everytime they successfully avoided the combo.
    For our fight, our melee rarely touched the boss. There really is no point to, they just basically sat on adds. Our range are the ones on the boss and swaps on shield add when it comes out, or help clear adds if there's too many. Save lust for 20% burst fight.
    Also, position the bosses in a triangle (one tank and one boss on the left corner, the other tank and boss on the right corner, range/healers stack on 3rd edge of the triangle positioning) Make sure the devastating combos do not hit the range.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariigold View Post
    Raid dmg is just awful. We are thinking of tanking the strengths away from the bosses with the ret paladin to avoid having people think more. Tank dmg has been typical, with both tanks usually avoiding the entirety of devastating combos.
    Ideally, your raid should be taking no damage outside of Titan Gas. We have one of our DPS tank the Strength outside of the raid (as you suggest) to simplify the encounter and cut down on a little bit of movement. When handled this way, we prioritize Courage - Rage - Strength. This will help your DPS focus on killing things rather than avoiding mechanics.

How many DPS are you keeping on the bosses? We found it beneficial to have as many DPS as we could afford on the adds to ease the transitions into Titan Gas phases. We ended up only using 1 DPS on the bosses fulltime. As long as your DPS has gotten the bosses low enough to allow you guys to gut your way through the soft enrage, you're fine.

We replaced all our melee with ranged and took 1 extra healer. Killed it first try.

2t, 3h, 5 dps.

The important things make sure you have your kill order correct. Also have a spotter positioned so that he can call which side the Courage / Strength is coming from. This will help position your raid. We had our tanks on opposite sides of the circle with the rest of the raid sitting the middle. This meant that all the range could hit their targets, Courage traveled the longest distance to get to their target.

Ppl in your raid need to target switch a lot, and be comfortable doing that, they should not finish off a rage while other targets are up. Rages hit for pitiful amounts of damage. Another thing is to have your tanks try to keep their extra action button for helping to demolish adds on them, this can help a decent amount. Save dps cooldowns for gas phases, you get no more adds during these so it's a good time for dps to get a solid amount of time on the bosses.

Thanks for all of the quick responses. It sounds like a lot of people are tanking the add away from boss. I felt that cleaving them as a tank during combos was simple enough, but I got momentum for speed(monk talent). Perhaps tanking them away and having melee chase while range dot and kill bosses will work. How much damage should we be getting off the boss during gas phases?

There is no reason to "tank" the STR add, you just kill it while kiting it around, and melee have no problem with this fight (melee on boss, ranged on adds) if they're semi-decent and can avoid the gigantic area where the blue slashes appear.

---------- Post added 2012-10-16 at 10:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ariigold View Post
    Thanks for all of the quick responses. It sounds like a lot of people are tanking the add away from boss. I felt that cleaving them as a tank during combos was simple enough, but I got momentum for speed(monk talent). Perhaps tanking them away and having melee chase while range dot and kill bosses will work. How much damage should we be getting off the boss during gas phases?
    We had to kill 10n because we had too many derp melee not able to do combos on 25n, sadly, I wasn't there for the kill the week before last so yeah. But I believe it was the third? gas phase and it was at like 10%, which honestly I didn't think would happen - at least so fast - otherwise I would have had my guys just fulltime switch and kill it. Didn't realize it went down so fast when people *GASP* actually do combos right.
    Last edited by Hayro1; 2012-10-16 at 05:42 PM.