Which trinket? 2H Frost DK

Im raiding again with my DK and I would like to know which trinket is better for frost DK. Atm I have Coren's Cold Chromium Coaster (Direbrew trinket), Lessons of the Darkmaster and Carbonic Carbuncle. I know that Relic of Xuen is awesome but I dont have yet.

I was looking some forums and saw that Carbonic Carbuncle > Lessons of the Darkmaster > Coren's Cold Chromium Coaster. True or false?

10+ Year Old Account
    your order is pretty accurate. Coren's Chromium Coaster is honestly just awful, I would use heroic eye of unmaking before that. The other 2 are perfectly reasonable choices tho.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure Lessons of the Darkmaster > Carbonic Carbuncle, but yeah, those two are solid pre-raid choices. If you've got cash or access to a herbalist and a scribe you should go for the DMF trinket.

Edit: what's a 'scrible' -.-
    Last edited by Kraeth; 2012-10-16 at 08:17 PM.

Lessons of the Darkmaster + Ghost Iron Dragonling.

No, really. 600 Haste, Hit and Expertise socketed into makes it well worth a trinket slot with how limited reforges are in 463 gear.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

Coren's is worse than any 463 trinket with a strength static or proc.

Lessons of the Darkmaster > Carbonic Carbuncle > Coren's Cold Chromium Coaster

Ghost Iron Dragonling is a very solid choice aswell indeed. Just dont be fooled by the purple colour or the item level on the brewfest trinket, its really really awful. Sims (yes, I know sims =/= live) ranked brewfest trinket below normal mode Eye of Unmaking.

Deleted
    What about Iron Belly Wok vs Lessons of the Darkmaster?

My other trinket is the DMF card and I haven't yet been able to get the Lei Shin's Final Orders. I used simcraft (505-3) to compare these two and got the result that LotD would actually be slightly better, i was amazed. Have any of you guys tested this, I'm wondering did I use something wrong on my sim or missed something on the options etc...

I used simcraft (505-3) to compare these two and got the result that LotD would actually be slightly better
    Hmm that result does strike me as rather odd. The static strength buff from LotD works out to around 705 strength, so 374 less than the iron belly wok (a huge difference).

The haste buff from the iron belly wok works out to around 899, so slightly higher than the 847 expertise provided by LotD. If stat weights are taken into account, however, the expertise offerd by LotD comes out in font (though this is only relevant if you're having trouble reaching your expertise cap).

It also seems to me that haste is a better stat for a cooldown than strength - strength can be wasted if you're out of melee range but at least with haste you'll always benefit from the faster rune regen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Revenantparadigm View Post
    Hmm that result does strike me as rather odd. The static strength buff from LotD works out to around 705 strength, so 374 less than the iron belly wok (a huge difference).

The haste buff from the iron belly wok works out to around 899, so slightly higher than the 847 expertise provided by LotD. If stat weights are taken into account, however, the expertise offerd by LotD comes out in font (though this is only relevant if you're having trouble reaching your expertise cap).
    Yea, this is actually the thing I was so amazed, since the stat difference is so huge and I'm not having problems with expertise (even LotD reforged to haste).

Oh well, I just got the Iron Belly so I really haven't tested it in-game so next step will be doing that and then wondering some more...I think

10+ Year Old Account
    Im gonna borrow this thread and hope for some answer.So My question is which Trinket shall i use a Blood DK.Lao-Chin's Liquid Courage,Vial of Dragon's Blood (Normal),Relic of Niuzao
    Bli inte glad när många killar springer efter dig, vi springer efter en boll också men sparkar iväg den tillslut'' - Xaniix

Quote Originally Posted by Ceecco View Post
    What about Iron Belly Wok vs Lessons of the Darkmaster?

My other trinket is the DMF card and I haven't yet been able to get the Lei Shin's Final Orders. I used simcraft (505-3) to compare these two and got the result that LotD would actually be slightly better, i was amazed. Have any of you guys tested this, I'm wondering did I use something wrong on my sim or missed something on the options etc...
    For what it's worth, that Simcraft is out of date :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been wondering about lower end trinkets too, especially for engineers... I absolutely detest on-use trinkets, as they conflict with our synapse springs. My question, however, is if it's still a better choice to take an on-use trinket over say, Carbonic Carbuncle, or just stick with a ghost iron dragonling.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    You should sim it but my guess it's that if a trinket it's an upgrade it doesn't matter it's on use or not even if it'll "conflict" with synapse springs.