Elegon heroic hotfix

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5682488744#1

This week will see some changes coming to the Elegon encounter in Heroic mode Mogu’shan Vaults. The Discharge effect that occurs whenever an Energy Charge is defeated was not dealing damage in Heroic mode, which had the effect of making a portion of the fight easier than it should be. Since a few guilds had already beaten Heroic mode Elegon before we were able to apply a hotfix to the issue, we chose to hold off on resolving this issue until now to keep the field even during the first week of Heroic progression. In addition to the fix to Discharge, Elegon’s health will also be reduced to offset the loss of Draw Power stacks resulting from the Discharge resolution.

The following fixes will be in place when raids reset this week in each region:
    Discharge now properly deals damage in Heroic difficulty.
    Elegon’s health has been reduced by approximately 12.5% on Heroic difficulty.
    H Elegon much harder or easier now? Personally, I believe this phase is the hardest part on mana for healers. Now with this hotfix, think it'll be even a greater roadblock? Is the reduction in health enough to combat off the discharge damage?
    Last edited by hplaner; 2012-10-16 at 05:31 PM.

Yeah i thought it was pretty strange that Elegon was defeated so quickly in heroic,after being the hardest boss on normal

I think it may make it a bit harder.

Healers having more issue with mana means more than likely we'll need more healers.

I think I saw on a 25m video with 4 healers. They'll need to bring 5+ now, and with less dps, they may not be able to get the amount of sparks that they were doing before = at least 10/20% less dps on the boss on 'Phase 4' and 'Phase 7'(Along with the loss of number of dps). Unless they manage to kill the same # of sparks with less dps of course.

Overall, the 'effective' health of the boss will increase, and the only part that will be easier will be Phase 1, where the boss has less health needed to reach to the 85% plateau. (Which wasn't a problem of the fight anyways).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BLSTMASTER View Post
    Healers having more issue with mana means more than likely we'll need more healers.
    I don't think you will need more healers.
    Our healers could regenerate their mana pretty well. Now they won't be able to regenerate, but that doesn't mean they will just go oom and we need 3 healer instead of 2.
    This fix won't change the fight that much in my opionin.
    But we'll see next ID

Quote Originally Posted by Nynnja View Post
    I don't think you will need more healers.
    Our healers could regenerate their mana pretty well. Now they won't be able to regenerate, but that doesn't mean they will just go oom and we need 3 healer instead of 2.
    This fix won't change the fight that much in my opionin.
    But we'll see next ID
    That will depend on how much damage the sparks actually do. because the sparks come in faster and faster, healers need to use faster/expensive heals later on to keep the raid alive, and the only time they have a breather will be the short transitions.

Of course, with a good tactic/execution, the need for heals decreases significantly and we may not even need additional healers this week for the fight. (This is true for almost any fight. Except maybe Dreamwalker in ICC )

We have 1 melee dps and that will probably minimize our dps loss through stack resets. (As ranged dps have it 'easier' on this part)

One thing that really annoys me about this is that this issue was in the beta and was never fixed.
    It makes it seem like they don't even look at beta testing

Here is some random video of it that was posted on MMO-C a while ago for proof
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRlrrNu3gVs

10+ Year Old Account
    Makes it easier for my group.

Our healers are by far the strongest players in the group, and have absolutely no problem with anything.

Exploding sparks = Vengeance

Vengeance = tanks doing 12mil to sparks like in normal

More waves

More dps

???

PROFIT
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins