Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Upcoming Heroic Elegon Hotfixes

Upcoming Heroic Elegon Hotfixes
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    ​This week will see some changes coming to the Elegon encounter in Heroic mode Mogu’shan Vaults. The Discharge effect that occurs whenever an Energy Charge is defeated was not dealing damage in Heroic mode, which had the effect of making a portion of the fight easier than it should be. Since a few guilds had already beaten Heroic mode Elegon before we were able to apply a hotfix to the issue, we chose to hold off on resolving this issue until now to keep the field even during the first week of Heroic progression. In addition to the fix to Discharge, Elegon’s health will also be reduced to offset the loss of Draw Power stacks resulting from the Discharge resolution.

The following fixes will be in place when raids reset this week in each region:
    • Discharge now properly deals damage in Heroic difficulty.
    • Elegon’s health has been reduced by approximately 12.5% on Heroic difficulty.
    Last edited by chaud; 2012-10-16 at 05:40 PM.

Moveth got beat again.
    Leat, did you even have time to read the patch notes before commenting?

Personally, this is a great fix!
    I know that this was troubling a lot of guilds!

Great hotfix, honestly. And i really respect their decision to wait the full week as to not imbalance the playing field in the middle of a reset.

---------- Post added 2012-10-16 at 05:43 PM ----------

Chogahl, I wasnt at my computer :P Havent really been for a few days for family stuff :[ Makes getting here first difficult. :\

Read it in Eartha Kitt's voice. I aint even mad.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    That's a huge hp nerf.

its to offset the dmg lost during the fight, so its not really a nerf, just a balancing act.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    That's a huge hp nerf.
    True, but guilds are going to get upwards of 4-6 less stacks of the buff total. Which means the last phase is gonna get 20-30% less damage done. So really, the HP nerf is absolutely necessary since even before this buff/nerf guilds were hitting the Enrage.

Blizzard went about fixing this mechanic the best they possibly could have. Buff one part of the fight, nerf another to keep the difficulty on par with what it was.

I would be interested in hearing from some of the guilds that DID manage to kill this week 1, and it's relative difficulty in week 1 to the other heroic encounters as well as it's relative difficulty after these changes. Overall, I think Blizz probably made the right moves with this, although you have to wonder how a bug this significant makes it live =(

10+ Year Old Account
    Typical. "Too many players were getting this" "So we are making it harder for all you suckers who weren't good enough to get to it when it was easy" I think this is a bad hotfix. Onyx eggs also say hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Typical. "Too many players were getting this" "So we are making it harder for all you suckers who weren't good enough to get to it when it was easy" I think this is a bad hotfix. Onyx eggs also say hi
    Did you even read it or did you instantly come down to the comments to say this?

they better fix heroic spirit kings, that fight is so fucking retardedly bad right now, it's insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Did you even read it or did you instantly come down to the comments to say this?
    Dude Cloud serpent isnt even that hard. i completed that crap last sunday with just dailies and 2-3 eggs a day (EASY to find in 2-3 trips round the area.)

Bring on the challange. My guild wont need some cheezy cheat strategy or bugged encounter to complete this.

(on another note: people cry when things are bug fixed and become harder... they cry when things are made easier.... is there seriously something the wow community wont cry about? honestly? im pretty sure if they said "here, here's a free month of playtime for everyone. someone would be crying about it.)

---------- Post added 2012-10-16 at 02:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
    they better fix heroic spirit kings, that fight is so fucking retardedly bad right now, it's insane.
    blizz allready stated working as intended. enjoy your one fight this raid thats harder in 25m than 10m........... unlike the rest of the instance.
    Till water is gone, Till shade is gone. Into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath. To spit in Sightblinders eye on the last day.

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who was actually attempting and got close to killing Elegon on heroic, I agree with this change wholeheartedly.

To be honest, they could've left the health and just added in discharge.

Adding in discharge will literally give my group another 1-2 wave clears.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    What about the onyx eggs? Your just doing it wrong. I was getting plenty at night after the "nerf" that they supposedly made.

i was wondering why they were able to beat him so fast.
    Audit your entire guild in one shot:
    http://www.wowcheck.com
    MMO-Champion thread for wowcheck

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    Adding in discharge will literally give my group another 1-2 wave clears.
    Having extra damage taken by the raid will let you kill 2 more waves of adds? I'm not quite sure how it works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Having extra damage taken by the raid will let you kill 2 more waves of adds? I'm not quite sure how it works.
    this new mechanic called vengeance. It allows tanks to more than quadruple their dps when they take damage, ie the sparks. Comparing our tank damage on normal to heroic, a single dragon cry on normal was more damage than 6 waves combined on heroic. Our dk tank found the same thing.

For my guild it was a double nerf
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

I don't get the HP nerf.

Guilds who kill heroic Elegon are miles ahead of the enrage anyway (like at least 20-30 seconds on 25m, and like a minute or two on 10m).

I guess you can now bring 8/25 or 4/10 healers for this fight? /shrug.