Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    this new mechanic called vengeance. It allows tanks to more than quadruple their dps when they take damage, ie the sparks. Comparing our tank damage on normal to heroic, a single dragon cry on normal was more damage than 6 waves combined on heroic. Our dk tank found the same thing.
    But everyone will have to reset their stacks now so you won't get 100% uptime on +damage (de)buff. Tanks included - even healers, if they had some mana-free dps talents. It might not be a big loss for everyone, but it's still there and it adds up.

Yet more proof that world first is more about time than it is skill, nearly every tier one or 2 bosses has some mechanic completely broken that only big name guilds get to abuse then its "fixed" for the masses.

Wait, so something was bugged, and so they're nerfing the fight to accommodate the bug being fixed? Wat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    But everyone will have to reset their stacks now so you won't get 100% uptime on +damage (de)buff. Tanks included - even healers, if they had some mana-free dps talents. It might not be a big loss for everyone, but it's still there and it adds up.
    Having 3 seconds of DPS time between spark waves is by no means comparable to pushing an additional 2 waves.

Sparks explode for a tiny bit more damage than normal mode, and our healers didn't even come close to struggling in normal mode to keep up the sparks.

Not to mention the sparks have more health in heroic, so they have more time to heal.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Wait, so something was bugged, and so they're nerfing the fight to accommodate the bug being fixed? Wat.
    They want to keep the field clear and at the same difficulty from here on out. They don't want to make the fight harder then it was last week and have the ones who have already cleared it before the hotfix have it killed when other guilds that are still working on it get to face the harder version. They just realized a mechanic in the fight was bugged, so they fixed it, but instead of fixing it and making the fight harder for everyone (especially those who haven't killed it yet) they nerfed a different part of the fight to keep it the same difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    As someone who was actually attempting and got close to killing Elegon on heroic, I agree with this change wholeheartedly.

To be honest, they could've left the health and just added in discharge.

Adding in discharge will literally give my group another 1-2 wave clears.
    I'm convinced you live on these forums. Last I checked you guys were 2/6? Skipping bosses huh? tsk tsk

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    They are buffing it.

"Blizzard fixes "flower power" in Ulduar (Hodir hard mode I think?) without changing anything else"
    MMO: "WTF Blizzard cockblocking people after Nihilum(?) defeats it"

"Blizzard fixes Elagon then tuning the fight down so that fight difficulty is comparable before and after fixes"
    MMO: "WTF Blizzard why nerf fights"

Can't make everyone happy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazlehoff View Post
    blizz allready stated working as intended. enjoy your one fight this raid thats harder in 25m than 10m........... unlike the rest of the instance.
    Actually this fight is pretty balanced comparing 10 with 25 man, it's so much RnG on either.

Hotfix is pretty good, just read lots from farmer100 and wikihost