Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I can't believe this has railed on as much as it has. This is just a push from EA to score a lot of subs for at least one more month. It's a genius business move, because people want those coins, at least to see how the game's gonna turn out. Do people like it? Not really, but gamers are often entitled about everything. Well, it's going to happen. Sub and get your coins, or don't.. and don't.

I'm not saying people should just STFU about it, but maybe after the 50th post, consider chilling the fuck out? By now, you've said your peace, and you've claimed you're never going back, and how horrible EA is, and how fail the game is, etc. Awesome. The (MMO-Champion) world knows you hate it by now. I don't think you'll convince anyone not already on your side.

I had this thought, the other day. It was like.. "What if you could pay a larger, one-time fee for unlimited shit? Like 5,000 coins, for unlimited WZs forever. 5000 more for unlimited OPs forever. Then, when new shit came out, like Ancient Hypergate, etc.. you paid to add it to the list of stuff you can now do forever. Sure, it would cost more initially.. but over time, if you played for years.. you'd eventually save money rather than subbing."

Dunno if they're gonna add that kinda option, but it'd be cool.
    There were around 7,000 Greeks in total at the Battle of Thermopylae.
    Not just the Spartans and a few inept imbeciles to play clean up.
    Friends don't let friends listen to Zach Snyder/

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    you only waste your effort here and thats fine by me i enjoy convos with you
    It's a forum hence discussions, using your logic SWTOR will die, I have no doubt in my mind about that, the steady decline in subscribers since launch that doesn't seem to stop won't be solved by a F2P system that isn't inviting for players to just play and buy perks at their leisure, the segregation between F2P players and subscribers will over time just make the game look smaller and smaller for both sides.

And don't think for a second that EA won't pull the plug if this F2P transition doesn't work out for them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakaya_Kilrogg View Post
    I'm not saying people should just STFU about it, but maybe after the 50th post, consider chilling the fuck out? By now, you've said your peace, and you've claimed you're never going back, and how horrible EA is, and how fail the game is, etc. Awesome. The (MMO-Champion) world knows you hate it by now. I don't think you'll convince anyone not already on your side.
    Post of the day methinks. Nicely done.

You're right. By now the lines have been drawn with the same people who quit the game and lament not getting their coins and the other side with those who will get coins and don't see what the fuss is about. Haves and have-nots. All we need is a 'Marie Antoinette' to post 'Let them eat coins'

Again, we don't know the full details so stop crying that you are getting ignored as a customer because you stopped subscribing some months ago. The Cartel Coints are a bonus and we know current subscribers get them (I've got 2500). We don't know what things cost, we don't know a lot of things. Just stop crying and going on about getting ripped off. When you were subscribing you didn't know that you would get coins in the future, you got what you paid for at the time.

Bloodsail Admiral Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    2050 coins, is... is that good? I unsubscribed ages ago lol

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Potato Bus View Post
    Just wanted to point out this from the swtor.com/free chart, it lists:

Earn Rewards for Current and Prior Paid Months, then there are two columns: [Current and Previous Players] and [New Players]

Now, I understand that seems like any previous subscribers SHOULD get all their rewards, regardless of their current sub status, but at the bottom of the chart it specifically states: "PREVIOUS PLAYERS - COME BACK BY LAUNCH OF THE FREE-TO-PLAY OPTION TO CLAIM YOUR REWARDS!" I'd say that is a definite indication that only those who are subscribed at the launch of the F2P will receive the rewards listed in the chart.
    We've posted several times that they changed that wording from the initial announcement with no warning. And around and around we go.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    It's a forum hence discussions, using your logic SWTOR will die, I have no doubt in my mind about that, the steady decline in subscribers since launch that doesn't seem to stop won't be solved by a F2P system that isn't inviting for players to just play and buy perks at their leisure, the segregation between F2P players and subscribers will over time just make the game look smaller and smaller for both sides.

And don't think for a second that EA won't pull the plug if this F2P transition doesn't work out for them.
    well it if happens it happens and i will move on to a different game for my MMO pleasure, its the way of business ya know. ppl play a game get bored, buy a new game play it get bored, buy a new one play it get bored, buy a new one play it get bored, buy a new one play it get bored, buy a new one play it get bored, buy a new one play it get bored, buy a new one play it get bored, buy a new one play it get bored buy a new one.

do you see the repetitiveness in this example its been that way since the ATARI first came our GENERATIONS ago(exaggeration lol but you get the idea). and replace bored with dont like it for those that dont like games buy a new one play it...............

swtor will be here till all subbers and F2Pers get bored and move on and people just NEED TO GET USED TO IT and move on.

ohh abd btw with 400-800k ppl STILL subbing( estimate according to SirRobins 60-80% no longer playing) swtor is STILL making a profit albeit a small profit but a profit none the less. they are now moving on to the next big thing they can destroy now that according to most swtor will die with its current plans.

as kakya said we all have stated our opinions and whether we will play or not its time to take an axe to this horse chop it to pieces and move on to the next cool thread that comes up and debate war it all over again. its been a blast discussing this but i will now put this thread behind me have fun all

do you see the repetitiveness in this example its been that way since the ATARI first came our GENERATIONS ago(exaggeration lol but you get the idea). and replace bored with dont like it for those that dont like games buy a new one play it...............
    The only problem with your example is that MMOs as a concept are supposed to take up as much of you free time as possible giving you a persistent universe where your actions and progression matters and has an impact, in short they are not supposed to end nor become stale enough to bore you to the point of quitting.

swtor will be here till all subbers and F2Pers get bored and move on and people just NEED TO GET USED TO IT and move on.
    Actually SWTOR will be here until it doesn't make EA enough money at which point it will be shut down, something I predict will happen sooner rather than later if the F2P transition doesn't work out for them.

Anyway, until the next one o/

Actually SWTOR will be here until it doesn't make EA enough money at which point it will be shut down, something I predict will happen sooner rather than later if the F2P transition doesn't work out for them.
    Eh, they'd probably Warhammer it and just leave it in maintenance mode with a skeleton team if it came down to that. I'd be quite surprised if that happened though.

Since this is the thread about cartel coins, I'll ask here. The video SWTOR posted seems to say that former subscribers get cartel coins at the launch of f2p. This directly contradicts the FAQ. I'm well past really caring about whether I get some coins, I just want a straight answer about what is going to happen. I thought the PR was bad when the game launched but this is getting ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Eh, they'd probably Warhammer it and just leave it in maintenance mode with a skeleton team if it came down to that. I'd be quite surprised if that happened though.
    Possibly, not to sure GL is down with that though.

The only problem with your example is that MMOs as a concept are supposed to take up as much of you free time as possible giving you a persistent universe where your actions and progression matters and has an impact, in short they are not supposed to end nor become stale enough to bore you to the point of quitting.
    really then why did i get bored of WoW, STO, GW, Eve, EQ, the WORLD is persistant NOT the players interest in the game. ther is nothing wrong with people getting bored of an MMO hell how many posters said they got bored of wow and tried other mmos. they got bored with those and went back to wow. some will get bored with setor and more on to others but there will be those that want to try it until THEY are bored. nothing wrong with that

SO again we agree so this point is done. if the people get bored or EA shuts it down, the end result is the same people MOVE ON.

Anyway, until the next one o/
    indeed until the next one

---------- Post added 2012-10-19 at 12:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Clymene View Post
    Since this is the thread about cartel coins, I'll ask here. The video SWTOR posted seems to say that former subscribers get cartel coins at the launch of f2p. This directly contradicts the FAQ. I'm well past really caring about whether I get some coins, I just want a straight answer about what is going to happen. I thought the PR was bad when the game launched but this is getting ridiculous.
    they are indeed bad at wording i will give kitty and Alyssa those points. but you DO need to be subbed at the START of F2P in order to recieve them EVEN the former players who no longer are subbed have "some" coins but need to sub for ONE month to get them

they are indeed bad at wording i will give kitty and Alyssa those points. but you DO need to be subbed at the START of F2P in order to recieve them EVEN the former players who no longer are subbed have "some" coins but need to sub for ONE month to get them
    This is honestly the biggest sticking point for a lot of people who are upset now, the extremely poor communication. When they first announced the coin reward for prior subscribers, they made no indication at all that you needed to be a subscriber during the transition to receive them. It was actually implied that you would receive these simply for having subscribed at one point, with nothing needed on your part. The fact that this was sort of clarified through an unannounced change to the fine print at some point in the past 3 months is kinda sketchy too.

Their continued poor communication and ambiguous wording isn't really helping their case, or the issue as a whole, at all. Like, their statements make no clear indication that you need to be subscribed to get the coins (at least in the video and many other places). Then you look at the announcement they made on their page, as well as the fine print, and it becomes clear that the subscription is necessary.

If they were clear about things from the beginning, or were at least consistently clear about things now, I think we'd see far fewer people upset about matters. BioWare has pretty much been running a 9 month seminar on how to poorly communicate with customers, and it's disappointing : /

10+ Year Old Account
    SO again we agree so this point is done. if the people get bored or EA shuts it down, the end result is the same people MOVE ON.
    Emulated servers, already few but that is what will happen to TOR if EA shuts down, unless someone else buys it out. But then other issues arise.
    -K

yea i agree edge some better wording would be nice but really, do you think that if it was stated from the START that that you need to be subbed they would not be as upset. they ARE upset that they DO have to sub just to receive them is in the end its the same result from 2 diffrent roads.

even if it was stated at the start the former players wold be upset that they need to fork over another 15 for those coins. that is the rub, they dont want to have to pay for the month just to receive said coins. do they have a valid point i did at one point say yes. its not fair that they should be restricted if former players do not sub for that one last month but it is what it is and the former players need to come to terms with that.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    yea i agree edge some better wording would be nice but really, do you think that if it was stated from the START that that you need to be subbed they would not be as upset. they ARE upset that they DO have to sub just to receive them is in the end its the same result from 2 diffrent roads.
    I can tell you from personal experience that people would not be ready to burn their office down if they had simply told the truth in the beginning. I would have not been angry at all. I would have been severely disappointed. If they had told the truth from the start, they wouldn't have gotten an extra 3 months of subscription for me until TFB just came out. So they basically swindled me out of my money, insulted me, and made it so I can't come back to this game and keep my self dignity.

This is the whole reason for my vitriol. Their compounding poor communication and F2P restrictions have only served to enhance that.

Says I have 1500 coins coming to me. Now if only I knew what I could get with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    We've posted several times that they changed that wording from the initial announcement with no warning. And around and around we go.
    I was just checking if that was what people had been referring to, the rest of my post contained the bulk of my thoughts. Also, I'd love to see a screenshot of the original announcement (and the fine print at the bottom).

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious
    If they had told the truth from the start, they wouldn't have gotten an extra 3 months of subscription for me until TFB just came out. So they basically swindled me out of my money, insulted me, and made it so I can't come back to this game and keep my self dignity.
    I don't know why you would sub JUST to get extra Cartel Coins, could've spent that $45 on more than, what, 600 coins (I'm assuming the price, but I can't imagine that 600 coins is worth anywhere close to $45)?

Anyway, to restate my previously ignored post: Promotions and details of plans are always in flux, regardless of your industry, and can be subject to change as the details become fleshed out. That's life. It sucks you got "swindled" to use your terms, but did you ONLY sub up for 3 months to get more coins? If so, that's just a terrible reason (since you could have you know...played the game...). If you did play during that time, you didn't lose out completely. But seriously, if you kept your sub active just to get some extra coins, then you probably should have considered that the relative value of Cartel Coins per month vs Sub fees per month is not going to be weighted in favor of the free Cartel Coins.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadsop View Post
    You didn't get ripped off at all. When you were paying your monthly fee, you were getting EXACTLY what you paid for, which was a service/license to play the game.
    The same stupid excuse given for people who feel Blizzard isn't putting out enough content to warrant their $15/month.

My analogy ACTUALLY fits perfectly. There are a slew of reasons kids can quit a program just like there are a slew of reasons you might choose to continue paying your sub or not. LOYAL people are people who find ways to stay involved with something, typically no matter the cost.
    A kid's parents move out of town means he's not loyal to your group? And a battered housewife isn't loyal to her husband if she leaves him? A parent isn't loyal to their child if they don't continue to empower them to feed addictions that will kill them? I think your brand of loyalty is called "insanity". My brand of loyalty is called "reality".

You received an equitable return on your monthly investment in that once you paid the money, you were allowed (for a period of 30 days) to access the game. You can claim that people are wrong about this all you want, but you paid your money (effectively signing a contract with EA for that 30 days) and you got everything you were entitled to in those 30 days. Again, argue all you want, but you're flat wrong. It's the way a contract works. At the time a contract is executed (when you submitted your payment), you receive the terms of that contract.
    And then I left because my $15/month wasn't enough to help them fix bugs that have been persistent since launch. Or fix horrible lag in things like Open World PvP. Or that it took them 8 months to work out server transfers when the population on my server dropped to shit and made it difficult to log in and play the game at all. Oh, unless I rerolled. Which is something that I should be forced to do in order to enjoy their product, right?

The good news is that YOU CAN CHANGE THIS LOYALTY STATUS by simply being a subscriber when F2P hits! Isn't it great news? They're not springing it on anyone, they're giving you a chance to come back (i.e., to prove your loyalty) and receive your Coins! Happy times! I'd say that's a pretty good faith move. You have the opportunity, and have now known for a month, to do what you need to do to meet the requirement to receive the Coins that they're offering to those of us who are loyal. You realize they could have just rewarded us who ARE loyal without giving you a chance to resub, right?

Oh, and by the way, you just admitted in your last statement that you are not loyal.
    Why should I be the one who has to change? They haven't changed any of the things that pushed me away, so why should I show them any loyalty? Personally, I don't care about the coins. I already said that I won't be back, even to finish class stories. The fact that my 6+ months and purchase of the game isn't enough "loyalty" was good enough to sour me on the game for good. I'll stick with Rift where I get more content than I can handle. I'll be loyal and pay my $15/month to them. At least they earn it.

---------- Post added 2012-10-18 at 10:49 PM ----------

funny that you bring up that free month and week stuff. hey you remember back when they offered SEVERAL week offers for former players HHMMMmmmm.

yea the employee thing is a bad instance i suppose i will admit that. but if you have a rude customer in your store and they refuse to be happy with what you give them how much are you willing to give before you just count them as a loss. its bad business to lose customers but its WORSE to keep bad customers that just WONT be happy with WHATEVER you GIVE them
    You mean when they offered people a free month in order to count them as subscribers for their quarterlies? Yeah, I remember that. What about it?

---------- Post added 2012-10-18 at 10:57 PM ----------

where is this insta 80 thing at might consider it since i am missing wow. but where as WoWs selling point is the ENDGAME Tors is the PROGRESSION of the lvling experience, the story the endgame is the is there but their focus is making you enjoy the building of your character.( they stated such SOOO MANY TIME)

so yea while wow is giving insta 80s(again where is this) this is so they can enjoy the endgame fluff that wow has to offer not to mention lvling 1-what is it 90 would be a HUGE pain in the ass. i am sre that if tor ever hits 90 they will also have a insta lvl to something but for now 1-50 isnt all that hard. TOR wants you to enjoy the STORY of where you character started where he is going where he will end. at least this is my impression and we all have opinions
    It's called the "Scroll of Resurrection" and it gives a free server transfer, free race change, and free level 80 to somebody who was a previous subscriber, along with a free copy of Cataclysm. To your other point, if the game is all about the story, then why do the things like endgame cost money and what the game is all about (story) is handed out for free?

Won't all the whingers feel like tools when the Cartel Coins they are missing out on are worth $5 (or something equally low). All the time bitching they could have searched through their couch and found more money. You really should just stop whinging until we get the cost of coins and the cost of the unlocks.