Who is covered by the NDA?

How are these agreements enforced? I'm not in the beta, thus I never signed anything or clicked a checkbox. I don't see how I am subject to an NDA.

If someone in the beta tells me something off the record, and I post it on a site, how am I held liable for anything? It's not Trion can track my source and punish the original NDA-breaker.

I'm rather shocked about how ironclad this thing is. I can't even find out what the heck the cleric Defiler is. While we're on the subject of the Defiler, does anyone know what roles the soul fills?

Quote Originally Posted by LonestarHero View Post
    How are these agreements enforced? I'm not in the beta, thus I never signed anything or clicked a checkbox. I don't see how I am subject to an NDA.

If someone in the beta tells me something off the record, and I post it on a site, how am I held liable for anything? It's not Trion can track my source and punish the original NDA-breaker.

I'm rather shocked about how ironclad this thing is. I can't even find out what the heck the cleric Defiler is. While we're on the subject of the Defiler, does anyone know what roles the soul fills?
    You are correct in that if you didn't sign anything and don't reveal your source, you wouldn't be liable to much. the truth is that the Beta has been ironclad largely because the community has respected it (which honestly speaks volumes and is a big testament to how mature and respectful Rift's community has been during this testing phase).

Most of us who participated in the beta know about the defiler soul (not me in specific since I don't like spoiling stuff before the reveal for my main character) but either way there is no point in discussing it since it is not yet ready according to the feedback we have had from the developers. I would not be surprised if by the time the reveal rolls around, we would see a completely different soul than what is on the beta.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

If you did not sign the NDA, then repeating something you heard from second hand knowledge is not against the rules. There might be a rules in the games ToS that prevents you from repeating something you heard from someone who is under NDA.

My running theory is the NDA is to cover the class changes which have now been published. Also there are probably things with Dimensions or Hunt Rifts they are experimenting with that may never be released.

The Defiler is [NDA]. Would if I could, but Trion is quite spastic about that kind of stuff. The new souls honestly are just not set in stone on their damage values or bugs/exploits found in the pts.

Yeah, we (general) have been pretty good about maintaining the NDA. I know there's a lot of information a lot of people want to get their hands on, but it does me proud to see things continuously held down. If a friend tells you everything, there's no helping that, but I do believe the devs here would do their best to contain and shut down anything egregiously NDA-breaking.

We've got a good relationship with Trion over here. I'd hate to see that ruined over someone who can't keep quiet.

Regardless of whether or not you signed the NDA, please respect it. Don't go posting NDA breaks all over the site, that makes us sad panda and Trion might stop posting in the forums : (

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Regardless of whether or not you signed the NDA, please respect it. Don't go posting NDA breaks all over the site, that makes us sad panda and Trion might stop posting in the forums : (

Yeah it's still a grey area for sure. I did ask the question in their stream channel and did in fact get a response that anything shown in the stream is fair game for discussion I also have a screen shot just is case. I'll still honor the NDA anyways I think it drops like Monday? Not certain.

In that case, I have no reason to acquire enough information to break the NDA.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I cannot wait for the <NDA> to get Azuri's <NDA> in the <NDA> <NDA> <NDA> as Elrar and I laugh!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

It looks like Defiler acts as a support soul. This is from the patch notes...

http://forums.riftgame.com/official-...-10-12-eu.html

* Justicar is no longer considered a Support soul for LFG. Warden, Druid, and Defiler now are.
    No NDA broken

It looks like Defiler acts as a support soul. This is from the patch notes...

http://forums.riftgame.com/official-...-10-12-eu.html

No NDA broken
    Oh defiler, how I love you.
    The Art of War- FT 4/4 EE 4/5
    R80

Let's make it simple. If you are in the beta and leak something, you've broken the NDA. If you're not in the beta and leak something, you haven't broken anything, but the legitimacy of your information is at question.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Let's make it simple. If you are in the beta and leak something, you've broken the NDA. If you're not in the beta and leak something, you haven't broken anything, but the legitimacy of your information is at question.
    Not to mention, the NDA is there for a reason. It's not like they necessarily want to keep these secrets from us, if they did, they wouldn't have the reveal videos showing things. They just don't want people talking about unfinished things and giving people a bad impression about something. Say there was a mount you could buy in the new city, and it was ugly. They wouldn't want people talking about because all you would see on forums is the new mounts are ugly, turning people away from the game. The truth however, may just be that those mounts are only there to test a new mount speed and the art models are not complete or loaded into the client yet. This is just an example, and a pretty poor one because I do not believe they are planning in increasing mount speed, however it shows the point.

It's not like they are control freaks and just don't want us to know everything, I mean heck, if you really wanted to know that badly, you'd pre-order and have been in the beta. It's not like it's random selection, or select invitations only. Anyone who pre-orders is in. They just don;t want people talking about unfinished things on public places.

Deleted
    Personally I am respecting the NDA because Trion asked me to and I respect Trion

I'm not under the NDA, though I won't post any spoilers here.

I've been trying to find out stuff about the Defiler as well, and I just stumbled upon a thread from the Russian version of Rift's Official forums that lists and details all of the defiler abilities. I'm not sure if russian players are bound by the same NDA as North american players, but the thread is 4 pages long and has been up for over a day, so I'm guessing they aren't.

It's kind of hard to read via google translate (more power to you if you can actually read Russian) but you can still get a general idea of what everything is and does.

I won't post the link here, but feel free to pm me and I'll send it to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Not to mention, the NDA is there for a reason. It's not like they necessarily want to keep these secrets from us, if they did, they wouldn't have the reveal videos showing things. They just don't want people talking about unfinished things and giving people a bad impression about something. Say there was a mount you could buy in the new city, and it was ugly. They wouldn't want people talking about because all you would see on forums is the new mounts are ugly, turning people away from the game. The truth however, may just be that those mounts are only there to test a new mount speed and the art models are not complete or loaded into the client yet. This is just an example, and a pretty poor one because I do not believe they are planning in increasing mount speed, however it shows the point.

It's not like they are control freaks and just don't want us to know everything, I mean heck, if you really wanted to know that badly, you'd pre-order and have been in the beta. It's not like it's random selection, or select invitations only. Anyone who pre-orders is in. They just don;t want people talking about unfinished things on public places.
    Funny thing about that is Hartsman already said during PAX that there would be a faster mount speed.

Quote Originally Posted by jepoochy524 View Post
    I'm not under the NDA, though I won't post any spoilers here.

I've been trying to find out stuff about the Defiler as well, and I just stumbled upon a thread from the Russian version of Rift's Official forums that lists and details all of the defiler abilities. I'm not sure if russian players are bound by the same NDA as North american players, but the thread is 4 pages long and has been up for over a day, so I'm guessing they aren't.

It's kind of hard to read via google translate (more power to you if you can actually read Russian) but you can still get a general idea of what everything is and does.

I won't post the link here, but feel free to pm me and I'll send it to you.
    I found the info on a site with builds.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I remember when my world of warcraft was not showing a ToS for it...For a second I thought about doing evil things...
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose