Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where I want to be and where I am are 2 different places

Looking for a solid reforge tool

I'm looking for a good reliable reforge tool. I don't trust Askmrrobot as it's giving me bizarre gem choices. I don't think wowreforge is working right. It's telling me it can't hit 2550 hit and/or expertise with my gear and they are almost at that point now. When it reforges me, it gives me like 1500 hit and 3500 expertise even though I give them both the same stat weight. Reforgemaster's site isn't working. Any ideas? I was going to do a spreadsheet and do the math myself but I know my weaknesses and math is one of them. I'd trust a calculator over my personal skills.

Thanks.

Deleted
    If you know your stat weights or are able to simcraft them, use ReforgeLite addon (http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/reforgelite)

It's delicious

I hold to the opinion that if you can't do simple math, you shouldn't play mmos. And by simple math, I mean EJ style theorycrafting :P

MMOs have so much internal math involved in their formula's, that non math nerds shouldn't even bother playing. Since the math is half (or all?) the fun! ^.^
    I've got tons of spreadsheets for all the MMOs I've played, oh those delicious mathz... I spend more time theorycrafting a game than actually playing it most of the time xD

Quote Originally Posted by Seref View Post
    I hold to the opinion that if you can't do simple math, you shouldn't play mmos. And by simple math, I mean EJ style theorycrafting :P

MMOs have so much internal math involved in their formula's, that non math nerds shouldn't even bother playing. Since the math is half (or all?) the fun! ^.^
    I've got tons of spreadsheets for all the MMOs I've played, oh those delicious mathz... I spend more time theorycrafting a game than actually playing it most of the time xD
    Really hoping this is sarcasm...

Quote Originally Posted by Morghie View Post
    If you know your stat weights or are able to simcraft them, use ReforgeLite addon (http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/reforgelite)

It's delicious
    Reforgelite really is a great addon. All you need to know is the relative weights for haste, crit, mastery, hit, expertise. The addon does the rest. Accounts for gems and enchants without you having to do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    Reforgelite really is a great addon. All you need to know is the relative weights for haste, crit, mastery, hit, expertise. The addon does the rest. Accounts for gems and enchants without you having to do anything.
    And that's the problem with it. Regemming can be a substantial dps gain.

Varakai,
    I'm from Ask Mr. Robot and wanted to stop in to see if I can help. Can you give me your character name and realm so I can see what's going on? Can you also give me an example of which gem you think is not right? I want to take a look at see if there is a bug, or any way we can improve the optimizer.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

10+ Year Old Account
    ReforgeLite, done deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
    Varakai,
    I'm from Ask Mr. Robot and wanted to stop in to see if I can help. Can you give me your character name and realm so I can see what's going on? Can you also give me an example of which gem you think is not right? I want to take a look at see if there is a bug, or any way we can improve the optimizer.
    http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/u...ollow/zenyatta

Why is it dropping her below hit and exp cap? I thought not hitting a disease was something that shouldn't happen, or am I wrong

Also, for Dual Wield, why is it telling me to put Fallen Crusade in MH and Razorice in OH?

Pandaren speed (mastery + movement speed) gotta be best in slot on boots, not hit rating or whatever for Dual wield frost

Anyway Varakai, is it the haste gems you dislike? It's the new thing in MoP since they have so much more stats than pure STR gems, that they are actually worth using in their yellow slots, so the gem choices could be correct I guess noone knows 100% yet seeing as the expansion just started but yeah.

Also, wowreforge seems to be working on an update atm, so that doesn't work right now, but will later on
    Last edited by Falling; 2012-10-17 at 02:52 AM.

Deleted
    Running with reforgelite as other people already wrote above.

Deleted
    Wowreforge works fine under a few circumstances:
    A: You need to not have any HP items, since wowreforge hasn't updated them yet, and as such has the old ilvl 450 stats, and not the new 458 stats, which will lead to a slight discrepancy in reforge results.
    B: You need to manually account for any hit enchants you have, since it doesn't see them. If you don't you will end up over hitcap. It seems to detect gems just fine though...
    C: You will have to add the ratings for mop hit/expertise caps yourself, and subtract the amount of any racials you have for either, ie humans get 2550 hit rating cap and 2210 expertise rating cap for swords and maces.

You can also set it to reforge to the exact values for hit and expertise you select, and you will get to the perfect caps for both, as long as the above are taken into account.

ReforgeLite is great, but I like to use askmrrobot.com since it also takes gems into account.

For Varakai: you guys need to swap Razorice to MH and Fallen Crusader to OH. I've had some issues with stuff not updating correctly, but the armory was derping for me aswell so I'm blaming that for now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Falling View Post

Why is it dropping her below hit and exp cap? I thought not hitting a disease was something that shouldn't happen, or am I wrong

Also, for Dual Wield, why is it telling me to put Fallen Crusade in MH and Razorice in OH?

Pandaren speed (mastery + movement speed) gotta be best in slot on boots, not hit rating or whatever for Dual wield frost

Anyway Varakai, is it the haste gems you dislike? It's the new thing in MoP since they have so much more stats than pure STR gems, that they are actually worth using in their yellow slots, so the gem choices could be correct I guess noone knows 100% yet seeing as the expansion just started but yeah.

Also, wowreforge seems to be working on an update atm, so that doesn't work right now, but will later on
    For me it shows 2470 hit and 2514 expertise after the optimisation. Still not exactly at cap but I assume that's because AskMrRobot doesn't have an "at least" setting.
    So it doesn't reforge stuff into hit/expertise because after it goes over the cap it's effective value becomes 0 and you'd gain more simulated DPS by not "wasting" these statpoints on hit/expertise.

Deleted
    Basically if you really don't know how to use them any tool will be crap. I usually use my brain, that's the best tool you could find anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Falling View Post

You know what "stat weights" are? If you know that you'll understand why askmr is giving you such advices.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zao View Post
    For me it shows 2470 hit and 2514 expertise after the optimisation. Still not exactly at cap but I assume that's because AskMrRobot doesn't have an "at least" setting.
    So it doesn't reforge stuff into hit/expertise because after it goes over the cap it's effective value becomes 0 and you'd gain more simulated DPS by not "wasting" these statpoints on hit/expertise.
    Askmrrobot needs not just an "at least" setting for hit and expertise rating, it needs an "exactly to" setting for those ratings too in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Italiandk View Post
    Basically if you really don't know how to use them any tool will be crap. I usually use my brain, that's the best tool you could find anywhere.

You know what "stat weights" are? If you know that you'll understand why askmr is giving you such advices.
    Oh please. My point was just that they should just exclude boots and slap on pandaren speed since it fucks up the calculation of the other items if they put hit on boots. And they really need an "At least" filter for caps.

A few people already mentioned, getting to the hit cap depends on stat weights. Getting exactly to the cap isn't always the best option for increasing your DPS. That seems counter intuitive, so here's an exaggerated example to illustrate why.

First, we can all agree that there is a limited number of options to get you exactly toe the hit cap, correct? Now, let's say Haste is your best secondary stat and Mastery is your worst. It's possible that the only combination of reforges that can get you exactly to the hit cap is by reforging all of your Haste into Hit. But Haste is your best secondary stat, so that isn't ideal. Now, let's say Mr. Robot can get you to within 0.1% of the hit cap, but he reforges all of your Mastery into Hit to get you there. This would result in more DPS.

I have some more examples in a blog post, for those interested.

Falling: As for the Run-Speed enchant on the boots, Mr. Robot scanned your entire character. He saw that you had the talent, "Death's Advance" which gives you run speed. As far as I know, your talent and the boot enchant don't stack. But if someone has a source saying otherwise, let me know. Anyway, Mr. Robot is trying to be a very smart, friendly robot, and helping you by suggesting a non-speed enchant in this case

Mr. Robot really is smart, and accounts for everything. Racial bonuses, talents, socket bonuses, set bonuses, profession bonuses, etc. If there is something he missed and didn't think of, let us know. We will add it in

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
    A few people already mentioned, getting to the hit cap depends on stat weights. Getting exactly to the cap isn't always the best option for increasing your DPS. That seems counter intuitive, so here's an exaggerated example to illustrate why.

First, we can all agree that there is a limited number of options to get you exactly toe the hit cap, correct? Now, let's say Haste is your best secondary stat and Mastery is your worst. It's possible that the only combination of reforges that can get you exactly to the hit cap is by reforging all of your Haste into Hit. But Haste is your best secondary stat, so that isn't ideal. Now, let's say Mr. Robot can get you to within 0.1% of the hit cap, but he reforges all of your Mastery into Hit to get you there. This would result in more DPS.

I have some more examples in a blog post, for those interested.

Falling: As for the Run-Speed enchant on the boots, Mr. Robot scanned your entire character. He saw that you had the talent, "Death's Advance" which gives you run speed. As far as I know, your talent and the boot enchant don't stack. But if someone has a source saying otherwise, let me know. Anyway, Mr. Robot is trying to be a very smart, friendly robot, and helping you by suggesting a non-speed enchant in this case

Mr. Robot really is smart, and accounts for everything. Racial bonuses, talents, socket bonuses, set bonuses, profession bonuses, etc. If there is something he missed and didn't think of, let us know. We will add it in
    Pandaren's step stacks with death's advance, but not with unholy presence's speed boost.

Draken - thanks, I'll look into that. I know there are a couple of outliers that ARE able to stack.

edit: fixed this in our code, it will be updated on our live servers later today. Thanks again Draken!!!!
    Last edited by Zoopercat; 2012-10-17 at 08:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varakai View Post
    I don't trust Askmrrobot as it's giving me bizarre gem choices.
    This is usually a case of "I dont know how to use AskMrRobot"

AMR works just fine, if you understand that hey, maybe the default settings arent your setup.
    So far, AMR has worked 100% perfectly for me for every class and every spec, with a little tweaking. My only complaint is that is doesn't support a "No belt buckle" option currently.