1. #1

    EU - which Stone Guards are up this week in 10man?

    hi there,
    I am assuming that 10man Stone Guards will work the same way as halfus and all eu realms will have the same ones up.
    since I'm going in there tomorrow, it would be helpful if you guys could tell me which combo is up on your servers (eu) tonight

    thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    573
    would definitely be interested in this info as well , even if only to verify the veracity of the OPs claim.

  3. #3
    fire chains, purple pools, green aoe (ticks hard on hc)

    (no frost bombs)

  4. #4
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    573
    confirmed, this is exactly what we got last night on our EU realm.

    Side note: not having to deal with TWO things on the floor (pools + traps) as well as movement restriction (chains) at the same time was a ffin godsend.

  5. #5
    Jasper, amethyst and jade.

  6. #6
    Confirming Jasper, amethyst and jade for us too in EU, 10 man. No cobalt frost traps

  7. #7
    lovely, seems we have a pattern here.
    out of curiosity how you guys deal with amethyst+jade+ jasper? range and healers stack up and move when purple crap spawns while ignoring chain breaking?

  8. #8
    Old God Hyve's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    10,051
    Ignore the chains (Stay stacked on each other) until the Jade is petrifying. This reduces damage taken by all Jade damage, including the chains, so when it is up you just spread and then stack again.

    Other then that, a little more consistent AoE Healing needed. Very easy set up!

  9. #9
    The eassiest set up imo. Next week will be the hardest one, atleast for HC. Traps, aoe, chains without purple pools.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Ignore the chains (Stay stacked on each other) until the Jade is petrifying. This reduces damage taken by all Jade damage, including the chains, so when it is up you just spread and then stack again.

    Other then that, a little more consistent AoE Healing needed. Very easy set up!
    You wait until Jasper is petrifying, not Jade. Jade is the constant, unavoidable AoE, while the chains are fire damage - "Jasper Chains".
    "Such insolence... such arrogance... must be PUNISHED!"

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinedoom View Post
    Next week will be the hardest one, atleast for HC. Traps, aoe, chains without purple pools.
    how viable for normal is to have ranged and heals stacked up and just eat the root from the traps? without purple can this be reasonably healed through? i understand traps just root you not stun you?

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by hlx View Post
    how viable for normal is to have ranged and heals stacked up and just eat the root from the traps? without purple can this be reasonably healed through? i understand traps just root you not stun you?
    Well, you'll be taking a lof of unnecessary damage. If you move, you may miss a second or two of DPSing/healing, and if you run in opposite directions of eachother you may take a tick or two of the chains, but in my personal experience it's easier to just run out. The damage is quite high unless you're in cobalt petrification, but if you're healers are okay with it then do as you please. Also remember that if you use that strategy with both pools and cobalt mines, you might get frozen for 5-6 seconds with an amethyst pool under you as well.
    "Such insolence... such arrogance... must be PUNISHED!"

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Zareth View Post
    Well, you'll be taking a lof of unnecessary damage. If you move, you may miss a second or two of DPSing/healing, and if you run in opposite directions of eachother you may take a tick or two of the chains, but in my personal experience it's easier to just run out. The damage is quite high unless you're in cobalt petrification, but if you're healers are okay with it then do as you please. Also remember that if you use that strategy with both pools and cobalt mines, you might get frozen for 5-6 seconds with an amethyst pool under you as well.
    after actually thinking about my idea - i think strategy should be the same as with the purple pools - group up for aoe healing, move in one direction when trap spawns, ignore chains.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •