Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

MS/OS loot in LFR

Can you only get loot for the spec you are using or can you also get it for your offspec? I play SMF and blizz decided to classify the 1H axes as tank gear.

Now you know how frost DK's felt in the past tier lol. Afaik LFR loot is spec-specific.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

only the spec that u enter as, which imo is good no more tanks ninjaing dps items ect, now if u want healing/tanking gear u have to queue for that role same as dps gear, was getting sick of losing gruth every time to prot warrs/palas for their os

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    only the spec that u enter as, which imo is good no more tanks ninjaing dps items ect, now if u want healing/tanking gear u have to queue for that role same as dps gear
    Eh, you can't ninja anything anyway, loot is individual. I do agree with the statement that you should queue as the role you want gear for though.

only the spec that u enter as, which imo is good no more tanks ninjaing dps items ect, now if u want healing/tanking gear u have to queue for that role same as dps gear, was getting sick of losing gruth every time to prot warrs/palas for their os
    Don't forget that there is no way to ninja gear in LFR

I would like an optional switch to enable OS loot in LFR personally. Some of these bosses only drop a couple of items you need on your MS anyway, so after you get those items, it would be nice to get OS pieces even if you never really use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Thyranne View Post
    Don't forget that there is no way to ninja gear in LFR
    gruth comes form the old lfr system m8 so it was possible

gruth comes form the old lfr system m8 so it was possible
    I forgot to write anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Eh, you can't ninja anything anyway, loot is individual. I do agree with the statement that you should queue as the role you want gear for though.
    gruth is a DS item, the new lfr loot system wasnt out bck then, so it was easily ninja'd by tanks coz blood dk's used 2 handed weapons to tank

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am not sure I like the MS only loot system. It would great for some classes that has a lot of cross and can use the same gear for 2 roles (see RShaman and EleShaman) though reforging would still be required and even then the gear might not be optimal. That being said, if you are a RShaman mainspec and need to get some Enhance gear for DPSing your not gonna get it from LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Shivaji View Post
    I am not sure I like the MS only loot system. It would great for some classes that has a lot of cross and can use the same gear for 2 roles (see RShaman and EleShaman) though reforging would still be required and even then the gear might not be optimal. That being said, if you are a RShaman mainspec and need to get some Enhance gear for DPSing your not gonna get it from LFR.
    I kind of like the idea of it. OS needing in dungeons makes sense because your off-spec might be too undergeared to even venture in, but in a LFR environment you only get the loot if you are serious enough about your OS to actually run as it.

It does get a little annoying if you still need MS pieces on some bosses but only OS pieces on others.

Is gear based on spec on entrance or boss death?
    If it's boss death, then you can respec before the pull.

I know for a fact that Bonus Loot is based on spec at the time of roll (you can respec before the timer runs outs).

10+ Year Old Account
    Change to tank/healer spec, queue as DPS. Or whatever combo, should work.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Auloria View Post
    I kind of like the idea of it. OS needing in dungeons makes sense because your off-spec might be too undergeared to even venture in, but in a LFR environment you only get the loot if you are serious enough about your OS to actually run as it.

It does get a little annoying if you still need MS pieces on some bosses but only OS pieces on others.
    well it would be a better idea if you could select from a few piece your class could worn. a buddy of mine got items for his mainspec. while he alrdy had the normal version. but he would loved to have to have a os item

Broken system is still broken. I don't need gear for resto, so I go into LFR as feral with int gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldiewan View Post
    Broken system is still broken. I don't need gear for resto, so I go into LFR as feral with int gear.
    Replace this with Boomkin and you'd be fine. It's how Elemental and Restoration Shamans gear each other's specs. Almost complete overlap.

Misread that. You're best bet now is to do Heroics as Resto and hope for agi-leather drops without a kitty or rogue nearby, and use your valor for kitty gear.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by Oldiewan View Post
    Yep. That works for classes with multiple DPS specs, but you can't queue as a tank and then switch specs and DPS, etc.

It's pretty silly. Since there's no way to ninja someone else's gear, you should be able to select which pool your loot comes from.

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    I would like an optional switch to enable OS loot in LFR personally. Some of these bosses only drop a couple of items you need on your MS anyway, so after you get those items, it would be nice to get OS pieces even if you never really use them.
    Unfortunately - tough - that is not the way Blizz has chosen to go after all the complaints about people who ALWAYS want to need on their offspec. The problem is solved - you want a bit of gear - play the spec and hope it drops

I've just been dpsing in blood spec to get MS gear.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    I've just been dpsing in blood spec to get MS gear.
    If you do that, you're taking up a "slot" for a tank. The raid needs that slot. So that's no good.