Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    I agree with the OP on most points except Sac being too strong/pets being too weak. Sac is fine now: it's designed to be best on a single target, stationary fight - and currently it is best for affliction (only?) in this situation. The less time you spend casting MG, the less beneficial Sac becomes, so in the end on fights like 6th MV encounter many people end up using a pet.
    It's best for Affliction and Destro, but Destro only by a small amount; which is fine (in theory). For Affliction though it is just so far ahead that the other talents just aren't viable for the spec.

Deleted
    It's directly related to your ability to stand and channel MG. So yes, for most fights it is ahead, for some it isn't.

do i understand it correctly, that agony dmg with 5.1 will get nerfed to the ground?

so with 20k sp..pre5.1 agony dmg was about ~53k - after 5.1 only about 8k? oO

hopefully my math is just fail

your math don fail i think tooltip fails. For example if it was x100 it would be more reasonable (in this scenario buffing it), bust still imo dots feel too weak atm.Buffing dots while nerfing MG/haunt slightly would be better

Deleted
    For me:

SF/Mc needs a slight mana cost reduction.
    SF under decimation needs to be fury neutral
    CW travelling time increased (also fix the mastery/meta bug with it)
    5min on aura of elements
    Void ray/ToC graphical buff

SB/SF it feels the scaling is off on these and there is little difference in damage. SF should hit harder, it just feels strange at my gear level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xami View Post
    What I feel is very lacking for Affliction at the moment is a soul shard generation mechanic outside of DS and Nightfall. The former is only viable in execute range, and the latter is proc-based.

My suggestion would be a new spell to restore all secondary resources (shards, embers, fury) on a cooldown (3-5mins). This wouldn't be too much of a buff in terms of DPS, and would solve the QoL issue of having no shards when you desperately need them (oh the pain of hard casting dots on a new target when farming).
    Shards are fine right now. It's very rare that I go long without a shard generating through nightfall. Haunt hits really really hard, and is a powerful buff. Adding another shard generating ability would mean they would have to nerf haunt. And there isn't much sense in it. Affliction is dancing along the OP line. And shard management is going to make or break you. With affliction's complexity pretty much nonexistant, shard management is at least something to keep you from yawning your way to a kill.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G