Name change taking too long?

1st of all im banned from the wow forums and i have no idea how to get unbanned so thats why i post this here. I payed for a name change about 7hours ago and at this point i still cant log in, the name already changed in the armory but when i go to the character selection screen i still have the old name and i get "you can't log in until the character update process you recently initiated is complete", so is it supposed to take this long or is there something wrong here?

Deleted
    Can it not take up to 48 hours to fully complete?

Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    1st of all im banned from the wow forums and i have no idea how to get unbanned so thats why i post this here. I payed for a name change about 7hours ago and at this point i still cant log in, the name already changed in the armory but when i go to the character selection screen i still have the old name and i get "you can't log in until the character update process you recently initiated is complete", so is it supposed to take this long or is there something wrong here?
    I think when you initiate the namechange, you get a notification that is can take up a few days even and that you'll not be able to logon untill that process is completed.
    I just checked yesterday and decided to wait till after the maintenance.

So you where warned.