Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Hmm, GW2 has never been unplayable. Bugs? For sure. But always playable.

Yeah, the bugs are irritating but I have to say I've experienced worse kinds of bugs in other games - falling through the floor, for example.

I remember when WoW's teleport: Moonglade spell was bugged and I teleported underneath Winterspring and had to resurrect there as a level 10 and run to somewhere the mobs didn't want to kill me so I could use my Hearthstone without being killed by a stray level 55 mob.

Funny in retrospect - Fucking irritating at the time.
    "Do you know what it's like to fall on the floor, cry your guts out til you got no more? Hey man, now you're really livin'" - Mark Everett

Crucilus Bloodbane - Level 80 Charr Necromancer - Zebra lord of the bank alts
    Esaari - Level 80 Asura Elementalist

So being a condenscending douche bag is consider good communication...ok thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by malbojia View Post
    So being a condenscending douche bag is consider good communication...ok thanks for the heads up.
    Like lashing out to random people that made a bump on the forum ?

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Now I know why I have you on ignore, its dumb comments like this, I dont want to turn this in to a wow v gw2 debate like your trying. I said more bang for your buck, ie you get more rewards for running orr, only completionists will want to run downlevelled zones, no one with a brain will go back to a level 10 zone to get rewards if they have 100% in there.
    Your last comment is the biggest load of drivel Ive read from you and isnt worth me defending, if you think that the majority of players raid your a bigger fool than i thought, to defend it would just descend in to inane wow vs gw2.

orr being 1 zone/3zones symantics not a defense.
    So us who do meta events in places we have done 100% are stupid now?, guess what, meta events gives a chest with level 80 items in them, it does not happen only in Orr.

your lack of imagination of what to do in GW2 doesn't make it stupid, it makes you look stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Hmm, GW2 has never been unplayable. Bugs? For sure. But always playable.
    I'd call being stuck in story mode 3 times for almost 3 weeks as unplayable.

Quote Originally Posted by Salech View Post
    So us who do meta events in places we have done 100% are stupid now?, guess what, meta events gives a chest with level 80 items in them, it does not happen only in Orr.

your lack of imagination of what to do in GW2 doesn't make it stupid, it makes you look stupid.
    Your talking about meta events, not once have I said meta events arent viable, however as hjla said :-

Quote Originally Posted by Hjalmtyr View Post
    Unfortunately, these DE chains are limited to certain zones that have the large DE chains - this kind of defeats the object because now instead of being funneled into one zone - Orr - you're now being funneled into one other zone, which is the one with the large DE chains.

Currently it doesn't actually seem worth it unless you like the zone or have a chain event / rotation farm organised plan going.
    I said going to do low level content to get rewards is ineffecient and noone with a brain would do it, meta events is not something I ever mentioned
    Alot of content in a lot of mmo's is dead and useless the minute you out level it, GW2 has the opportunity to make all content relevant, but, imo, it fails to do so because Anet failed to tune downlevelling right, if they did that, then 100% of content is relevant, as of right now, you can smash lowever level content as easy as a level 80 mage fireballing level 1 trolls. Please read the thread and offer proper rebuttals to my posts.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2012-10-22 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Did you bring it to their attention? Did you search for possible ways to get around the bug? I had a bug in my story mode, but I Googled it, and found a way to get around the bug to complete that part of the story. Annoying, yes, but unplayable? No.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Technically due to that bug, only that part is unplayable, the rest of the game was playable, at least I think thats what dooze is saying :S

Quote Originally Posted by VibrantViolet View Post
    Did you bring it to their attention? Did you search for possible ways to get around the bug? I had a bug in my story mode, but I Googled it, and found a way to get around the bug to complete that part of the story. Annoying, yes, but unplayable? No.
    Trinity was bypassable, but the infiltration where you go onboard a boat to place bombs in the cargo was bugged for 7 days alone while i waited for it to be unbugged, then i stopped playing the game altogether. It was brought to their attention atleast a dozen of times and so was the trinity quest.

Apart from that, the story was completely broken and in the later levels, introduced characters i've never seen or heard of in the story line.

Spoiler ahead:

Like the Norm who's trapped and you have to kill. Who is it? Why have i not heard about her?
    The cyborg/spider wannabe whatever it is, who talks with a sorta russian accent who you go underwater into the caves with. The game tells us i've meet her before because they interract by telling eachother how good it is to see eachother.
    I was playing with my girlfriend who played GW1 and i asked her who those people were, since it could be tied with the previous installment. She had absolutely no clue who these people were.

I SUSPECT that they removed parts of the storyline because they were bugged and a bandaid solution was to make a big gap between the storyquests, or it could be that the different paths of the quests are just that badly designed.

We've had this topic several times here. Some of the bugs are bypassable, but others are just completely flat out broken. A lot of people - myself included - got to the point where we dropped or abandoned one character because it was faster to just level up a new one and hope the story didn't break on the new character.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    We've had this topic several times here. Some of the bugs are bypassable, but others are just completely flat out broken. A lot of people - myself included - got to the point where we dropped or abandoned one character because it was faster to just level up a new one and hope the story didn't break on the new character.
    Huh, guess I never encountered that. My story bugged out once on my Sylvari, and I had to find a way to make it so it would not bug. Well hopefully they fix it if it hasn't been already.

Huh, guess I never encountered that. My story bugged out once on my Sylvari, and I had to find a way to make it so it would not bug. Well hopefully they fix it if it hasn't been already.
    Oh, for sure, MOST of my characters didn't have any serious issues. Especially as things got fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I hit the Ships of the Line bug, and saw ArenaNet's announcement on when it would be fixed, nodded my head, and went to do other things. Perfectly acceptable, if not optimal.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Technically due to that bug, only that part is unplayable, the rest of the game was playable, at least I think thats what dooze is saying :S
    Yeah pretty much. When someone says a game is unplayable, I take it literally.