is prot pvp good?

Im currently on my 27 prot warrior and my dmg is CRAZY. Devastate does more dmg than mortal strike and has no cooldown, and shield slam hits for almost 1k with the heavy repercutions glyph. gonna get revenge in a few levels and the tool tip says it does 400-500 dmg.

I assume with shield barrier and shield block they are gonna be hard to kill.

Also the talents and glyphs are either really good vs melee or really good vs casters/range but usually not both.

I dont like fury or arms too much, they are alright but ive always been a fan of prot since wrath when i first touched the warrior(back when stance dancing was a thing)

prot is still great fun even today but Id love to play them in arenas and duels and such,

I ask if prot is more than just a flag carrier.
    Last edited by SuperomegaOP; 2012-10-17 at 02:28 AM.

Deleted
    Pretty sick in RBG's, not so much for arena's since the PvP Vengeance change. But yeah in RBG's pretty hard to kill

Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    Pretty sick in RBG's, not so much for arena's since the PvP Vengeance change. But yeah in RBG's pretty hard to kill
    what happened to vengeance in pvp? does it still work for duels, can they pressure with with dmg and/or CC?

I usually just duel, so im mainly focus on that kind of pvp.
    Last edited by SuperomegaOP; 2012-10-17 at 02:49 AM.

The only real use for prot now is as a Flag Carrier in RBGS outside of that there isnt much use for them anymore

Quote Originally Posted by SuperomegaOP View Post
    what happened to vengeance in pvp? does it still work for duels, can they pressure with with dmg and/or CC?

I usually just duel, so im mainly focus on that kind of pvp.
    Realistically if you only duel it doesn't matter what you spec, just get second wind and stand there until your opponent gets bored.

Deleted
    Basically in PvP you dont get vengeance any more, so your DPS on a target is rather, meh