Deleted

Yet another fire question

Now that Elitist Jerks seems to not have dedicated threads (at least in mage section) and there is no fire guide here yet, where should I seek reliable information about what should I gem, reforge and so on? People claim various things everywhere, rarely giving source of their claims, I heard simcraft is buggy aswell atm, so I got no idea where to find what I need.

Quote Originally Posted by Avezo View Post
    Now that Elitist Jerks seems to not have dedicated threads (at least in mage section) and there is no fire guide here yet, where should I seek reliable information about what should I gem, reforge and so on? People claim various things everywhere, rarely giving source of their claims, I heard simcraft is buggy aswell atm, so I got no idea where to find what I need.
    Thing abt simcraft is, there comes a point where you just got to trust something. So most people rely on simcraft.

The reason why people claim various things is because at least according to simcraft our crit scales better than our int, so there comes a point in gearing when crit value grows faster than int value, but int value is much higher at start. For most people that point is at around 370 ilevel with DMC trinket.

So if you are willing to put your trust into simcraft, run it with your character. Check the boxes on options to analyze Int, hit, crit, haste and mastery. Depending on the results you get, reforge and regem and run simcraft again to see that you didnt accidently do something that was less than optimal.

Now as for actual reforge and regem depending on the values:

Reforge: Reforge as much hit and exp(if the item has hit allready) as you can towards the cap from your 2 weakest secondary stats(mastery and haste), reforge your strongest secondary stat to hit or exp only if you are not able to do the cap without touching it.

Regem:
    From fire's point of view

IF your crit value is less than half of that your Int is. Gem 160 int on red, 80 int/160 crit on yellow and 80 int/160 hit on blue
    IF your crit value is more than half of you int. Gem 80 int/160 crit on red, 320 crit on yellow and 160 crit/160 hit on blue
    IF your crit is exactly half of your int. And you are allready gemming by either of the above. Do nothing.

For arcane it is pretty much the same deal, but with checking mastery value. And for frost its your haste value

(Do not gem pure hit unless you are forced to. Try to get the cap for reforging your 2 worst secondary stats. If however you cannot get capped by reforging. Use Exp on red, Hit/best secondary on yellow and Pure hit on blue)

Also Pro tip: Try to find an optimizer(Gem, Enchants and reforge, not just reforge) that you can input your own values to. Askmrrobot is what I used before, but nowdays I can just calculate things in my head cause am getting only few upgrades a week now
    Last edited by mrgreenthump; 2012-10-17 at 04:08 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    IF your crit value is more than half of you int. Gem 80 int/160 crit on red, 320 crit on yellow and 160 crit/160 hit on blue
    gem expertise and reforge hit to krit would be the better choice here

Deleted
    I'm asking myself how many threads we will see about gemming and trinkets in the near future. ;0 *bugging*

Quote Originally Posted by Moco View Post
    gem expertise and reforge hit to crit would be the better choice here
    true true, mistake on my part there

Easy answer, and what I do, is use askmrrobot.com. Easiest solution imo. Just like in business, let someone else do the hard work for you, and reap the profits. That's what I like to do anyway. I guess thats why i make 60k per year doing nothing but sitting on my ass. Yea I dont make as much as some, but then again I dont have to work another day in my life and drive an M3 and paid 300k cash for my house. JK about all that, but yea use askmrrobot.com, it is awesome.