MG/DS tick addon?

I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations to addons to use to track MG/DS ticks. I've got drainsouler, castbars, and Quartz and all 3 seem to show the ticks at slightly different times. Is any one more correct that the others? From what i can tell when i try DS on a target dummy with no shards, drain souler is the "most" accurate since at the sound of the second/fourth/sixth tick another shard is generated, while on castbars and quartz the shards appear a bit after the tick indicators, but I was wondering if there was a bar-type castbar addon out there that was in sync with this (assuming drainsouler is the most accurate). Thanks in advance!

I stopped using Quartz for a while because it didn't seem to be updating with haste procs. I think I switched to Necrosis but I can't remember ... so for now I'm using Quartz again just because I like how it looks and it didn't require any setup, and I figured until I get something better it's better than nothing.

Your idea to test based on when the shard regen'd is a good idea, but I think I'd go a bit further and test to see if you can stop DSing when Quartz/Castbars says a tick has occurred and see if you still then get the shard -- idea being that maybe there is a delay between when the 2nd tick happens and when your shard is applied.

Gnosis. Great add-on. And you can also set drain soul timer to alert you of ticks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    You tried too hard and now your post is shit. Never try too hard, the gamble isn't worth it.

Blademaster
    Fortexorcist + Quartz

first one works fine, shows ticks in accordance to when they actually happen = i'm very content with it.

second one i use for every castable spell ( UA, MG, DS, Haunt), not that good for showing when the exact ticks occur.

edit 1 : a bit offtopic question:

what do you guys use to track personal buffs ?

fortexorcist worked great until MoP, i guess they just haven't released an update because every new buff i get that has been introduced in MoP ( any windsong buff - crit, haste, mastery, jade serpent potion use, on-use trinket or proc chance trinket), does not show up on the bar, while pre-MoP buffs ( Dark Soul, Bloodlust, Time Warp, Dark Intent, etc) still show up.

i guess i have to wait for an updated version of fortexorcist so that every MoP buff is introduced ? downside being it's already been 3 weeks since the release and no updated version has still appeared :<

cheers,

edit 2 : nevermind the question, replied it myself once i visited the curse site; fortexorcist not updated yet with MoP buffs, hopefully they will update it soon ( as said on the site) so i can continue using it to its full extent.
    Last edited by Vexeer; 2012-10-17 at 08:04 AM.

drainsouler : a little box with boss %; indicates when a tick occurs, and how much that tick as for.

The genius bit, is everytime your mg or DS ticks, you get a 'tick' sound. Highly recommended on top of Quartz / Gnosis /castbars

@ regarding buffs tracking : I am still waiting for POwerAuras and doing everything manually til then. I have found nothing remely close to powerauras's sheer awesomeness