Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Angry stupid gold coins

whats the point in farming daily quests for the coins , when all u get is 28 gold ?
    thats not worth the time or effort it should be at least 100 gold .
    ive used 10 gold coins and got 1 piece of loot where i already had better in slot

10+ Year Old Account
    ...They've already stated that they would be a very low chance to drop anything of use but mostly dropping gold/flasks/etc so really it is your fault for expecting something different.

Some have better luck then others. A ret in my guild has gotten 6 items out of 7 uses. I've got 7/7 gold. Damn that rng. I like it though, its a bonus to dailies which I'm going to be doing anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    got T14 gloves for the spec i was at the time so im not complaining, and one of my guildies has got epics with those coins every time he has used them
    Dell U2713H
    GTX 980Ti
    custom water cooling

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had okay luck. The first 3 coins awarded me 3 pieces of LFR tank loot. The last 3 I've used have given me gold. 50/50 so far

10+ Year Old Account
    Tank in our guild got loot with every coin. On TWO 90s i have got nothing with a coin every time. Yesterday i did 16 heroics on my rogue and got 0 drops i could even roll off on. Today i have done 6 heros so far and got nothing i could even roll off on. So don't bitch about 10 coins.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Tank in our guild got loot with every coin. On TWO 90s i have got nothing with a coin every time. Yesterday i did 16 heroics on my rogue and got 0 drops i could even roll off on. Today i have done 6 heros so far and got nothing i could even roll off on. So don't bitch about 10 coins.
    You probably already know this and weren't speaking about this, but the coins can only be used in raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Question 1- Do you raid?

Yes- Then Im sure you know the pain of running a raid for 3 weeks without a single drop. Look at it this way- you now get some extra gold rather then absolutely nothing.

No- Don't farm dailies. That excess gear isn't going to help you do what you already do. Do what dailies you want, and screw the rest.

I personally have been spending the coins only on bosses that drop mounts, due to a blue telling me that they also give an extra roll on the mounts as well. I hope I get lucky
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    You probably already know this and weren't speaking about this, but the coins can only be used in raids.
    and world bosses* and yes i know its on raids which i have used all mine on. It was more to prove the point of rng. Op isn't as unlucky as he thinks.
    Aye mate

Certainly agree if there would be something small like a couple consumables it would simply feel at least a lot better. No one even notices 28 gold nowadays.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    and world bosses* and yes i know its on raids which i have used all mine on. It was more to prove the point of rng. Op isn't as unlucky as he thinks.
    That's what I thought. Yea, RNG can be what brings you to this game week after week but can also be incredibly frustrating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    Certainly agree if there would be something small like a couple consumables it would simply feel at least a lot better. No one even notices 28 gold nowadays.
    I do agree that is should be 100g even then its not that much. 28g is one and half ghost iron bars on my realm which i can mine in one vein. But then again it is just another roll which say in lfr when you get no loot you get 28g so its just doing that a 2nd time.
    Aye mate

15+ Year Old Account
    Would be much better if they just had old style dailies without any coin, right? Atleast now you have a chance of some extra loot. People whining about every single thing.. Im very happy i even get a chance of some extra loot.
    Spent 3 coins this week and with my 3rd i got some nice shoulders from LFR

Lets see, so far in MoP I have been lucky, on LFR i got loot from first boss without coin, and i had better boots from before, on second boss i used coin and got a ring, and on third boss i used coin and got a shield. i also got 3 legendary items during the entire LFR dung. I also know that this kinda luck will never happen again. ever. just hang in there bromingo, some day you will have the luck i had last week. and tomorrow im going to go crying during the entire LFR due to the fact i wont get jack shit and 0 legendary items during the entire shit while some 12year old boy has a boner due to the fact he spendt 6 gold coins in LFR and he got from every single boss.

It's all RNG man, I got my T14 pants off Sha and got the three first bosses in MV LFR to drop my tanking pieces. Can't complain about the extra gold either if it happens. Your statements can also be said about doing LFR or even raiding in general. Why raid to hope to get a piece every week...its all RNG

If the chance was good, you'd be expected to grind dailies all day long to speed up raiding progress, as the raid tiers would have to be balanced around the much faster gear-up pace. Be happy that you don't have to.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

I've gotten nothing but gold, but I'm hoping I get lucky with the Elegon trinket this week on my extra roll!

Deleted
    I've used quiet alot of them. I've never gotten anything except for yesterday... Yesterday we killed Will of the Emperor and my gold coin FINALLY worked! Man, that felt great! I can tell you that i wouldnt have that feeling if gold coins always gave me something. Besides. We're doing dailys for rep and money, the coins is just a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Irishman89 View Post
    whats the point in farming daily quests for the coins , when all u get is 28 gold ?
    thats not worth the time or effort it should be at least 100 gold .
    ive used 10 gold coins and got 1 piece of loot where i already had better in slot

Im 4 from 6 rolls so far... including 2 tier pieces off Sha.

Bad luck bro.

Out of 10 bonus rolls, I've gotten gold on 9 of them, but got a good trinket out of the other. Would I rather have gear? Sure. Would I prefer the money you get from rolls be higher? Pshyeah, of course, who doesn't like money?

Thing ya gotta remember is, though, that a) You DO get a bonus roll, a chance at extra stuff, and you ALWAYS get something, and b) Even if all you get is gold, well...it's gold you wouldn't otherwise have had from doing that raid.
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.