help expliaining

Last night in MV when we defeated Spiritbinder http://www.wowhead.com/item=89817 dropped. I tried explaining to them that they were not good for me because i have http://www.wowhead.com/item=81694. I was telling them I dont want to give up the Crit that is on mine and plus they hav hit. The bracers that dropped, yes they have 133 more str but mine have 381 crit and 254 hit. The lose would not be worth it. Yes I know i can reforge but it would drop my crit (my base crit is 21.12%). They do not understand that a fury warrior damage is based mainly on being enraged and being about to use RB. here is a link to my armory.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ergiy/advanced
    what are ya thoughts?
    Last edited by jarbulldog; 2012-10-17 at 01:14 PM.

I know those reforge-cascades can get very annoying at times, but I think, those bracer are a decent upgrade.

See you got 133 more strength - that alone (assuming a 1:2 rating with crit) "equals" a value of more 266 crit.
    If you reforge out of haste, you gain 180 crit - thus effectively losing 200 crit. The mastery you gain can most probably swap-reforged with hit on other items.

So if you are missing those 200 Critrating - I suggest inserting a pure crit-gem in your foots. So this leaves you with 40 critrating less but 133 strength and some other secondary stats gained.

I cannot be absolutely sure, but I guess your comrades were right.

Deleted
    It's your EP / DKP, you spend it as you will. Our DK and Paladin often pass gear onto each other, even if it's an upgrade (ilvl-wise) because the stats aren't ideal. I try to do that too, though I don't have such a big margin being a tank, but if an average piece drops you have all the reason to save your DKP/EP for a better piece (or your BiS!).

Quote Originally Posted by Fiercon View Post
    I know those reforge-cascades can get very annoying at times, but I think, those bracer are a decent upgrade.

See you got 133 more strength - that alone (assuming a 1:2 rating with crit) "equals" a value of more 266 crit.
    If you reforge out of haste, you gain 180 crit - thus effectively losing 200 crit. The mastery you gain can most probably swap-reforged with hit on other items.

So if you are missing those 200 Critrating - I suggest inserting a pure crit-gem in your foots. So this leaves you with 40 critrating less but 133 strength and some other secondary stats gained.

I cannot be absolutely sure, but I guess your comrades were right.
    i see what you are saying but here is my point yes i can reforge the haste to crit but then in the long i am loosing more crit because i know have haste instead of hit, so iwll be reforging else where to make up for the hit and loosing crit and gaining haste. haste is our worse stat. i try to advoid it as much as possible
    on the dps spreadsheet that is posted on here the dps value of my bracers is higher then those as well.

ok, short breakdown:

old bracers
    501 - strength
    254 - hit rating
    381 - crit rating

new bracers
    638 - strength
    451 - haste rating
    384 - exp rating

reforges/regems
    we have
    -254 hit
    -381 crit
    +451 haste
    +384 expertise
    +137 strength

helmet reforge mastery to hit --> lose 224 exp vs hit
    bracers reforge haste to crit --> lose 180 haste vs crit
    boots replace gem --> lose 160 exp vs crit

end results
    -254 hit (+224) = -30
    -381 crit (+180 +160) = -40
    +451 haste (-180) = +281
    +384 exp (-224 -160) = 0
    + 137 strength

So basically you are trading 30 hit and 40 crit rating against 281 haste and 137 strength - a bad trade IMHO. And even if 1 haste = 0,2 crit (it's more like 0.6 but for the sake of argument), you'd still have an advantage of 16 points (281*0,2 = 56,2 compared to missing 40 crit).

Greetz
    Fiercon
    Last edited by Fiercon; 2012-10-17 at 03:46 PM.