10+ Year Old Account

Question Jagged edges etc. Graphic problem.

So lately.. I'm not sure for how long, but I've been having really bad graphics problems, they're annoying and it's flickering ALOT when I'm flying in certains zones. Been having this weird problem with "jagged edges" and such aswell.. really strange. I'll throw you a link below but before you watch it and instantly spout silly things, I'm gonna tell you what conclusions I've drawn so far.

It's most likely not driver related on my graphics card, I've reinstalled the newest ones and even tried older ones. I might have somehow failed at installing drivers correctly though.
    It's not addon related in any way, I've played without addons and still had the same problem.
    It might be some problem with some sort of corrupt file in either my wow map or nvidia map, I had problems with that on my last HDD that I'm now only using as a slave drive.
    It remains no matter what settings I change inside the game.

Dxdiag link : http://i.imgur.com/WN3EL.png

Recording link : http://youtu.be/kMKip1rprQk
    hey all

Enable DX11 if you're on DX9. If you're on 11 try swapping to 9. If neither works disable SSAO.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Enable DX11 if you're on DX9. If you're on 11 try swapping to 9. If neither works disable SSAO.
    Thanks for the quick response ! I seem to be unable to find a decent DL for DX9 so I havn't been able to test this out actually. When I did try to install it from a link that I found I got an error message and it said it was unable to install.
    hey all

10+ Year Old Account

Smile

The effect visible on the video is depth-buffer related, and exactly is happening when you have 16-bit depth buffer enabled and its lacking precision to display proper mix of intersecting triangles and planes. Open your graphic options, look for depth buffer (in wow or in graphic driver setup) and make max possible display depth precision (24 or 32 bit) whatever's higher.

Yes, I'm very certain its depth buffer related.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kvakvs View Post
    The effect visible on the video is depth-buffer related, and exactly is happening when you have 16-bit depth buffer enabled and its lacking precision to display proper mix of intersecting triangles and planes. Open your graphic options, look for depth buffer (in wow or in graphic driver setup) and make max possible display depth precision (24 or 32 bit) whatever's higher.

Yes, I'm very certain its depth buffer related.
    That was exactly it, there is no such setting though so I'll just run through how I changed it incase anyone else is having the same issue and is searching for threads (implying anyone ever is).

I just hopped over to my World of Warcraft folder and then went down in my WTF folder, in there you should have a file named "Config.wtf".
    Open it with wordpad or whatever and search for the line
    "gxDepthBuffer" or something like that, if it does say "16" just change it to 32 and you're all set !

Thanks a ton btw kvakvs, really do appreciate it =)
    hey all