Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Are Mages Overpowered In Raids?

Hey so I was trying to find out an answer to a question I've had as of lately. Recently, having moved into a new guild (25's) I've noticed in raids that mages, even lesser geared than my Shadow Priest are beating me out on most fights. At first, I thought to myself, AoE fights like Stone Guard would make sense, especially as fire I've always assumed they had crazy AoE damage. But on single target fights like Gara'jal, I even have a few beating me out solidly to the extent that I'm a few k behind in DPs.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, they help kill bosses, and I still have my moments of glory on Elegon, but are they now the strongest raid DPs out there? I can pretty much beat every other class in my raid excluding them, and I have ranked every week I've gone into Vaults.

Just looking for thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    > X player outperforms me, ergo Y class is overpowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

No, not really.
    Learn to play better.

Having two extremely good players in both roles; Mage and Spriest; the spriest always pulls ahead as this tier allows a lot of multi dotting. So :/ must just be the mage is a better player. Our spriest tops almost every fight.

shadow priest atm are in greaaat shape as dps rlly , his just better then you :|

Thread: Are Mages Overpowered In Raids? <---- whining also , or butthurt , avoid such titles rlly when i see them i feel an uncontrolable need to kill a hamster.

Deleted
    Not OP, check current raiding logs Mages are pulling ahead of SP in MV as a average about 6/7K. This does cover the entirety of the raid though as is only a few hundred as a baseline

I usually find it far better to look at what I may be doing wrong first before I lay blame at the feet of others. Is your rotation correct? Is your gear enchanted? Do you use food and flasks? Did you reforge your stats correctly? Some classes secondary stat priority have changed, I know my warlock use to use Mastery over all others but now I use Crit and Haste. I'm usually first or 2nd in DPS in every LFR/Raid I have joined lately.

Try to look inward before complaining about classes being over powered.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Try to look inward before complaining about classes being over powered.
    Unless it's a hunter with a spirit beast attacking your melee class from behind. In which case, cross your fingers and wait for a nerf.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

As apparently none of you noticed, the topic was a question not a statement. I'm not complaining, it was a legitimate question all though it's apparent most of you took it to heart as whining.

Some of you need to learn how to read.

And yes, I'd be willing to agree I'm at fault for any of you that still feel the need to argue a point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omniclenser View Post
    As apparently none of you noticed, the topic was a question not a statement. I'm not complaining, it was a legitimate question all though it's apparent most of you took it to heart as whining.

Some of you need to learn how to read.

And yes, I'd be willing to agree I'm at fault for any of you that still feel the need to argue a point.
    The answers were an implicit no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    They are pretty much up there, yeah.

http://simulationcraft.org/505/Raid_T14H.html

Only blind fools still use Simcraft to determine what specs are doing the best DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Only blind fools still use Simcraft to determine what specs are doing the best DPS.
    What about log data?

Spec Score 25N - DPS Bot

TL;DR don't be a Marks hunter.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omniclenser View Post
    But on single target fights like Gara'jal, I even have a few beating me out solidly to the extent that I'm a few k behind in DPs

Even if this is not an AOE fight it's still a gimmick fight! If they are getting the buff more than you or getting lucky RNG while there buff is up then GG. Think of this they hop out have the buff, hero gose they pop CD's potion etc hit alter time and then get to do it all over with all the buffs again still rolling when alter time goes off.

Quote Originally Posted by bobyboucher View Post
    Even if this is not an AOE fight it's still a gimmick fight! If they are getting the buff more than you or getting lucky RNG while there buff is up then GG. Think of this they hop out have the buff, hero gose they pop CD's potion etc hit alter time and then get to do it all over with all the buffs again still rolling when alter time goes off.
    None of them really are, we pretty much only have 1 group go in and none of them are apart of that group. I'll work on my own numbers and try and beat them ^_^

MAges are top drawer but not seriously op in terms of pve damage.

Deleted
    You probably just suck, but then again, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by racist blackman View Post
    You probably just suck, but then again, who knows.
    I really wish people put as much effort into reading what I wrote as they did trying to insult me. It'd at least make your insults slightly more intelligible.

"I've ranked every week I've gone into Vaults"

Intelligence is overpowered.

I wouldn't say that they are overpowered but according to logs they are in pretty good shape. You shouldn't be TOO far behind them as an spriest though.