Deleted

How to: Change Graphic settings on the fly

Hey all, thought I'd share some tips with you.
    First of all, my computer usually runs everywhere 60 fps with ultra settings (i5-2500k @ 4.8GHz GTX 560 Ti SLI) though sometimes it gets bogged down (sha of anger, ultra shadows bug etc)

So I found it very annoying to have to turn the graphics down just for a few occasions, like changing the settings from ultra to low during sha of anger while simultaneously trying to not stand in the bad stuff.

So what I do now is make macros for those occasions and leave them on my action bar.
    Simply click on the macro to change the setting.

/console shadowmode 0 - off
    /console shadowmode 1 - low
    /console shadowmode 2 - good
    /console shadowmode 3 - ultra

I also like changing the view distance to improve FPS in bad situations.

/console farclip (any value between 100 - 2000)

So for example

/console farclip 200 (low view distance)
    /console farclip 1250 (max view distance)

Sometimes my FPS will randomly drop from 60 to 20~28 and stay low until I change the shadow setting to low then ultra again, then it goes back to being 60 FPS.
    Maybe it's a bug with my computer? It happened before, I reinstalled windows and used the most up to date graphics drivers and it still does it occasionally.

Anyway, you can fiddle around with lots of settings you can find in the config.wtf file (open in notepad) and more, I don't know a lot of console commands.
    I'm sure there are many more useful ones and would love to hear what you use too, if any.
    Last edited by mmoc0b51d34d15; 2012-10-17 at 03:14 PM.

Deleted
    Code:
    /run hooksecurefunc("SetCVar",function(...) print("SetCVar",...) end)
    Run, then change the respective config switch. Your chat window will tell you the setting you changed (and its new value).