I want to play but cant

I cant seem to get the game download client to download so I can play.I registered and put in my serial code.I get the Gw2Setup.exe but thats all cause it wont download the game. Please HELP me someone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you checked your firewall settings?
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    make sur eyou have enough free space on your "C" or System partition, and in the place you want to download / install it.

Are you running an antivirus?

Disable your firewall temporarily. I had to in order to download GW2.

I sure did....;(

---------- Post added 2012-10-17 at 12:00 PM ----------

Ok thanks all....I will try all those things and see what happens.I didnt disable my firewall but I had given permission.I have lots of room for the game. Here goes...

---------- Post added 2012-10-17 at 12:01 PM ----------

Should I turn off the antivirus?

If you're using AVG (you never specified), you'll likely run into problems, check out http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1179995-AVG-and-GW2 for a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

I am running AVG.I finally got the game installed but the firewall that I thought I turned off is keeping me from logging into the game.I will read the thread post you sent...thank you so much.

I really like GW2, i just hate how the pvp has no real "rewards"

Quote Originally Posted by Eradium View Post
    Did you know sun's color is actually white and not yellow...
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Deleted
    OP glad you got it downloaded I hope you get it running soon, I can't offer any advice I got mine running without any problems.

This may seem like an old cliché but for me winning is the only reward I need in PvP, far too many games are swamped by super geared players steam rolling people only because they have been able to invest a much greater amount of time.
    I know if you put in the time you will also get the 'super gear' eventually, I find it just makes that journey a little less fun getting steam rolled along the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    What would you consider a "real" reward?

Hopefully not gear with stats etc. As that's exactly what broke PvP in WoW.

The fact that you win should be enough....I mean the point in sPvP is to play it for the fun of playing it thus putting everyone on an equal playing field seems the obvious way to do it and I couldn't be happier that they did.

I'm not against rewards, as long as they don't affect gameplay in any way which currently they do not and have stated they have no intentions on doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shekita View Post
    What would you consider a "real" reward?

Hopefully not gear with stats etc. As that's exactly what broke PvP in WoW.

The fact that you win should be enough....I mean the point in sPvP is to play it for the fun of playing it thus putting everyone on an equal playing field seems the obvious way to do it and I couldn't be happier that they did.

I'm not against rewards, as long as they don't affect gameplay in any way which currently they do not and have stated they have no intentions on doing that.
    Spot on.

Since when did PvP require rewards other than the satisfaction of winning? Oh that's right, since Arena.

FPS/Strategy games have been entertaining for years with nothing more than the excitement of playing with and against other players, yet for some reason, MMO players need rewards, which just unbalance everything.

Cosmetic rewards? Sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since when did this thread become about pvp?

Deleted
    So OP, did it work after all to play?

Quote Originally Posted by Ascend View Post
    Since when did this thread become about pvp?
    Since a random post with no connection to others in the thread, people kind of fell for it.