Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Taiphon View Post
    Only on rare occasions.

Most of the time it's just "Blabla, kill this, gather that. Blablabla.

It's like they send you 100 e-mails, 99 of which are spam, and one giving you a new password. "Hey, I can't login anymore!" "It's your own fault, we sent you an e-mail with the new password".

ETA: They should have added a confirmation box, they've done so before.
    They did it's labeled: "Complete Quest"

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    Regardless of whether it's his "his fault" or not, it's still poor design. I really don't understand why so many people on here get off saying "your mistake" and "don't be dumb next time" etc. This isn't rl, it's a stupid game and it's suppose to be fun. He lost his staff not paying attention, it happens, he should get it back, the end. You people always think it's cool to be tough over stupid shit like that but it only shows how sad of a person you really are.
    It's not stupid design, it gives you a refund when you don't need your BoP staff any more.
    It's excellent design.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Getreuer View Post
    So hello everyone.

I spent hours even days (literally twenty days) to get my well-earned and hard working [Inscribed Serpent Staff] which looks amazing. I shit you not I was happy and it felt like my mount was crying rainbows. I found out it was a quest item, and in my head this quest would lead me to the finally staff. Why else would it be a quest item, and not a "normal" item? Whatsoever I did accept this beyong amazing quest and complteted it, which lead me to nothing. The NPC named Inkmaster Wei - oh who could forget this good old bastard - took away my staff and gave me some Scroll of Wisdom in exchange. Are you kiddin' me? I just spent 20 Scroll of Wisdom to make this staff, and now you take it away and give me only 10 Scroll of Wisdom?! What the hell man.

I am so furious and frustrated right now. I know it was stupid of me, but I have never in my entire WoW life experienced a quest will take away my epic item. I felt like Blizzard really screwed me. I'd made a ticket in hope they will give back my staff and cancel this "so-cool" quest-thingy.

I just had to get it out. Good day to you
    While I symapthize with you over the loss of your staff, you really failed to read the quest... quest very clearly says that if you turn in said staff they will give you 10 scrolls back... and yes, I love my inscribed tiger staff.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I remember when we powerleveld with a few friends at the beginnign of cata. They were always half a zone away once I was done simply skimming through the quest text, and it would all come back to the same thign over and over again; they were totally lost, I caught up to them, playfully called them dumbasses and pointed out the quest text was pretty much a simple instructions on where to go or what to do. Then they'd do the same again, get confused again, and I owuld set them straight. Without me there, their skip all text-questing would have taken considerably longer than quickly skimmin through the quests.

Moral of the story; You don't read quests, you won't understand obvious mechanics, and only thing you can blame your ignorance on is your own negligience and impatience.

Quote Originally Posted by tlacoatl View Post
    its pretty retarded item and quest deisgn, almost like bliz is trolling on purpose.

If they wanted to offer and exchange then put a quest on an NPC and put a warning on the turn in.

Dont link it to the staff. stupid design.
    The quest is there you give you something back for your work after you didnt need it anymore. Also , blizz makes quest discriptions for a reason

Deleted
    hahahahahahahaa, oh you made my day So blizzard are cruel, for giving a way, when the staff is outdated to get something back for it beside gold for vendor?
    I am sorry, but are you stupid? Did you never, at ANY POINT read the quest? or even not just that, look what the reward was? Blizzard have been freaking nice for doing that, They made it so, when they add in a better staff you can refund it and get some of the hard materials back. HOW dare they.

Deleted
    Hey, you've learned a lesson, isn't that worth something too?

The quest design is great on this item. here is the text.

As powerful it is, at some point you know you will outgrow this staff. When that time comes, one of the Inkmasters in the Arboretum would most likely be interested in taking it from you.
    So you get to make an item, use it until you get something better, and then you can turn it in to get back some of the most difficult items to craft something else with. If every item you crafted was like this then it would be pretty amazing.

Deleted
    Soz dude but your rainbow crying mount made me lol.

Quote Originally Posted by tlacoatl View Post
    its pretty retarded item and quest deisgn, almost like bliz is trolling on purpose.

If they wanted to offer and exchange then put a quest on an NPC and put a warning on the turn in.

Dont link it to the staff. stupid design.
    The idea is when you finally upgrade from the staff you trade it in to get some scrolls back and I'm sure it was made rather clear in the quest log and hand in.
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2012-10-17 at 09:09 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    Dumb quest.....next time you gotta make sure you read though.

Maybe put in a ticket.

Also, I'm curious to know if before you handed in the quest, did it ask you "are you sure?" and gave you an option to accept or decline...
    Not really it was like a normal quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Faklor View Post
    Hey, you've learned a lesson, isn't that worth something too?
    If you look it that way, I guess so

Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    Dumb quest.....next time you gotta make sure you read though.

Maybe put in a ticket.
    Oh the irony... Had you read his post, you would have seen that he already put in a ticket.

10+ Year Old Account
    That sucks that it happened to you.

While on one hand reading quest texts would have prevented this, I think those bashing on you for not reading the text are being overly judgmental. I am collecting mats to make the staff, and had I not seen this thread, I think that it's something that I very well may end up doing. So thank you for sharing.

got word from GM today that they will not be restoring any of the inscription staffs that people have turned in.

While I don't think Blizzard should have implemented a quest like that, at the same time READ instead of randomly clicking shit super fast. It's no ones fault but your own. As harsh as that sounds. But hey, when in doubt, make a ticket!

A confirmation would have been nice. There are some (daily) quests that specifically give a pop-up when you try to complete them. Those quests cost 10 gold, and they require a confirmation. A confirmation for this quest isn't asking a lot and makes much more sense than a measly 10 gold.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by baddymcbadderson View Post
    got word from GM today that they will not be restoring any of the inscription staffs that people have turned in.

If true, I think the GM's are doing the right thing

My friend did the same thing with his staff and put in a ticket only to be denied by Blizzard saying that since it wasn't a glitch that made the item go away and that he willingly turned in the quest without looking into it that they couldn't do anything to give him the staff back and that he'd just have to remake it. Hopefully you get a different response and that you'll get it back, but don't be surprised if you get the same response my friend did.

Deleted
    Wel i did same thing didnt read the quest and lost my staf so many quests if id read all id go ...... stil is just a game i pay for ewery month to play so basicaly im a customer in relationship with bliz so i reley dont se a reson why they could not give me staf back since they can id say nothing if they could not. and tbh the way the game goes now with all those dailys you reley ned to do if u wana hawe equal options in game with others is just lame for me like i hawe 3'4 h per day for dailys and than 3-4 h for raiding... i was reley frustrated with the game stoped enjoing it and than this situation with the staf hapened to me and if i dont getit back ....wel its just gona be a deal breaker for me end of nice and enjoiable ride with blizz il just hit uninstal. cos at the end of the day is just a game for wich i pay to bliz so i should hawe fun in it and not get frustrated with. tabarts for faction rep were nice load of since time is crucial factor in my working day and dont se why it cant be so in mop for those that wana do rep by questing, quest can stil be in game np was so for therezane in cata.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't see why people are calling this bad design lol, this is perfect design! as an Enchanter i can just DE once finished with my weapons but doing it this way is very good

Most people won't be silly enough to blindly turn in this quest without even reading the reward, It may have been a silly mistake, but i see no reason for the blind Blizz bashing, they had -all- the information you needed in that quest

Lets hope people start learning a lesson from this:P