Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    tossing people off boats to booty bay and into the lava in blackrock depths

i even had my friend duel me in thousand needles once, i tossed him off a cliff

The first time I realized my priest and my mage buddy could hold the lumber mill against the entire horde team with mc, sheep fear and frost nova. God, I still get a rush when I think about that day, lol.

Deleted
    Some awesome stories so far! :P

Tbh, if I played on a PvP server as a different class, I would run in terror at the sight of a priest xD

The thing is, Naturedrake, MC isnt really that great unless there is a cliff nearby.
    I loved throwing people off the arathi basin lumber mill. I loved throwing people off the EOTS flag spawn. It was fun to walk people off into limbo near arcatraz and mechanar, or down the platform from Naxx in WoTLK.

But it's very cheap, and not very fun for the recipient.
    And barring a nearby cliff, not very effective either. Sure you can take over an opponent for a little while.
    But then you're sort of out of options. It's not like your MC target can actually DO anything. It's not like you can tell your MC target to attack himself, force them to unequip items, waste cooldowns or anything. The only thing you accomplished is that both you and the target are both CC'ed until it randomly break 3-8 seconds later.
    And that's why MC is never going to cut it as a talent. It's very pointless. Fun, but pointless.

But damned, I had all but forgotten about MC'ing alliance players into doomwalker. Fear worked pretty well too. Good times
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

wintergrasp. we were attacking. tauren kept poking his head out of the wall where the placed gun was. mc'd him and dropped him into the waiting alliance mob below
    somebody call for d doctor?

Deleted
    Back in TBC when me and my guild just finished our SWP raid we decided we were not satisfied enough with the killing for the night. So we went out to the naga area of the daily quests you know and found one poor Alliance that had to act as a labrat for our various cc experiments for about 35-40 minutes or so before he gave up the escape tries and just alt+f4. Drowning from MC, all casters going melee mode and bashing him low just for a mage to polymorph and let him reg and all other very cruel and various things you can think of. Anyways, my part of it was of course the mind control/ drown part. Oh my god the laughs on ventrilo!

all the memories of hurling people off cliffs here as well.

however one of my best MC memories was on an old character farming netherdrake stuff on my at the time well geared SL/SL lock (we all remember how op they were) over pulled and ended a fight really low on health when an alliance priest came along, him been pve geared i knew if he killed me i'd then go and camp him for a while, instead he MCed me buffed and healed me and we both carries on our dailies. obviously not as fun as the cliff hurling stories but one that always brings a smile to my face.

Heading from Wetlands to Theramore, back in the day when missing a boat would ruin your entire day.
    Challenge my Allies to a duel, Mind control them and throw them off just as the boat starts moving.

Quote Originally Posted by SkillOverKill View Post
    I don't think I have any special memories of MC actually. That said, I try to MC at least one person to their death every day I can wreck people all day in BGs, but no kills are more giggle-worthy than throwing someone off a cliff. Especcially ele shamans and boomkins (formerly fire mages, now hunters) because they have knockback.
    Oh you reminded me of one that happened when I was a warrior. Some priest went to throw me off the cliff at the lumbermill in AB, but he let go of the MC too soon and I intercepted back to him and smashed his face in, from mid-air. Was awesome, pretty sure he didn't make that mistake again

There were a lot of times progressing on Thorim in Ulduar 25 that on-pull many people would get DCed.
    Used to MC the last mob of the trash before the actual encounter started and hold it while healers healed it back up until the DCed people could get back on.

Lots of BG use, but really the above was the most fun I had with MC.

10+ Year Old Account
    My best moment of a Mind Control was when I was in Eye of the Storm on my Blood DK trying to get the flag with a few others, some horde came in and the priest mind controlled me and ran me off, BUT, as I fell down I Death Gripped the priest and also got Life Gripped by an alliance priest, saving me but killing the horde. I lol'd for 20 mins.

Well, in addition to the ever popular MC'ing off of the cliff at LM in AB, I had a lot of fun MCing (and fearing) alliance into the hold at the end of AV to delay them as much as possible...I really don't know why but there were always a handful of alliance that would come within easy range for me cause them to get raped when I had already done it a few times.

Netherwing Dailies during BC. There was one quest where you would fly to a floating rock to get the best spot to tag the mobs for the quest. Not going to lie, I would camp anywhere from 10-30mins depending on how many people were there and just MC people off. Mind Control and committing suicide has to be the most fun way to kill someone. One specific kill I still have in my memory is after camping one poor holy paladin for 4 or 5 deaths he was not rezzing but not logging so I flew away, dove down and flanked from below the rock to kill him one last time b4 leaving.

uughh i hate when priests use mind control. especially in eye of the storm lol. always maing me jump off the bridge

Deleted
    While getting some eggs for the netherdrake, i had kind of a race with a nightelf druid to collect them he/she had been poking me abit to i dno scare me off i guess then suddenly became suicidal...

Or Mc'ing and ally while a bunch of them where coming up the elevator to thunder bluff, resulting in pure panic and chaos
    Last edited by mmocba7c5a870a; 2012-10-23 at 11:09 AM.

Vanilla BRM on raid days. Always an hour or so fight . People being mc'ed into lava left and right .

Vanilla, raiding MC on my dwarf priest. On the way there a rogue in the raid decides he wants to duel me, because yeah holy priests will really challenge a DPS right? I promptly MC'd him into the lava. He didn't die, but swimming back caused him to forfeit. Served him right.

This isn’t quite the same thing, but some other fantastic priesty moments…

Right at the beginning of last tier, I was in an LFR and there was an obnoxious warrior who apparently knew everything there was to know about all of the fights, then proceeded to berate anyone who messed up. On the third plate of the spine encounter, I Leap of Faithed him into the Nuclear Blast and then dispersed. He died and I lived, and he didn’t even know why he had died (he didn’t see the LoF apparently). I then proceeded to mock the sh!t out of him until he left.

Just a couple weeks ago, we were in a battle with the horde over Galion. We had just wiped and were trying to get regrouped. I went and MC’d another warrior (yes, I pick on warriors) and pulled Gallion to wipe them, then we got the respawn and the kill. We even had one of them roll an alliance toon and spam our trade saying I was an a$$hole lol

My favorite was a duel with a holy priest. She always used to try and duel me, and we both knew that it wouldn't really do any good (I played holy) and would just be a waste of time so never really bothered. But one time we were at the entrance to BoT waiting for people to get their shit together. And she challenged me. I promptly accepted, and MC'd her off the edge. She was FURIOUS because it was the first time that she had lost to anyone in a duel from our guild. Awesome moment.

Fighting against feral/healer in arena,

MC healer, run him next to me.

Watch feral start coming at me.

Cancel MC as feral gets into interrupt range.

Sure enough, feral skull bashes me from max range to interrupt the MC - that is no longer being channeled.

Shadow school therefore not locked out, feral and healer both right next to me.

Double fear.

Also plenty of times MCing healers into their partners AOE fears, etc.