Thread: Fire Mage Guide

Page 38 of 82 FirstFirst ...
28
36
37
38
39
40
48
... LastLast
  1. #741
    Like I said, you could filter out Pyroblast crits from your normal dmg out scroll area, and leave the rest in.

    The way mine is set up, if I see HU or Pyro! with no Wham! noise, then i know its only FB crits. If I see HU and/or Pyro! with the noise, then I know I'm building a better ignite. I can also almost get through an AT/PoM macro just by audio cue alone knowing how many pyro's crit and how good my ignite is. I still check MyBigIgnite meter, but its helpful for tempo.

    Glad I could help though! Keep messing about with it when you get the time. It really is a properly powerful addon. I've started to make plans to couple MSBT and TellMeWhen into set areas so I can have the numbers and my TMW indicators together in their proper spots while using conditions for both to indicate probable next action in a more clear way.

  2. #742
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishh View Post
    Yes that's my thought aswell but I saw Kuznam using it on evry single Combustion during Methods latest raid. So thats why I'm wondering if there are any other Mages who have been trying this out and what their results were.
    Using the armor glyph and binding both armors. I tested it last night and found with luck I was building better combustions and found that my sustainable dps was higher overall.
    Each to there own tho.

  3. #743
    I would rather have 5% crit than 3000 mastery when building for ignite, criting is the most important thing when building ignite. Unless your full heroic gear i would not switch armors(even with full heroic gear your pushing your luck).

  4. #744
    Nvm, I just said something entirely false.
    Last edited by thanje; 2013-05-20 at 08:59 PM. Reason: I'm stupid.

  5. #745
    Quote Originally Posted by biermanjason View Post
    I would rather have 5% crit than 3000 mastery when building for ignite, criting is the most important thing when building ignite. Unless your full heroic gear i would not switch armors(even with full heroic gear your pushing your luck).
    Technically its 6.5% with critical mass. Although with all procs+potion at the start my crit rate is easily 70+% with CM. It probably works out well on fights like council or tortos where you spread the initial combust and 3k mastery would make a good bit of a difference on the DoT damage.

  6. #746
    Quick question guys,

    I use 4p t15 legs, shoulders, hands and the chest. Question is do I keep using Hood of the Crimson Wake or do I switch to t15 helm? Only asking this as AMR says go with the t15 hat.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%B2wy/advanced

    I think its better to swap the hat for now and my legs with Legwraps of Cardinality.
    Last edited by Snow; 2013-05-21 at 03:03 AM.

  7. #747
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    Quick question guys,

    I use 4p t15 legs, shoulders, hands and the chest. Question is do I keep using Hood of the Crimson Wake or do I switch to t15 helm? Only asking this as AMR says go with the t15 hat.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%B2wy/advanced

    I think its better to swap the hat for now and my legs with Legwraps of Cardinality.
    As this is fire thread.. there is absolutely no reason to use hood of the crimson wake if you have same ilevel tier head.. and legwraps of cardinality aren't very big upgrade over tier legs. But if those are your only options, yes go with the offset legs, until you get either Flamecaster's burning crown or mutagenic chest.

  8. #748
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    As this is fire thread.. there is absolutely no reason to use hood of the crimson wake if you have same ilevel tier head.. and legwraps of cardinality aren't very big upgrade over tier legs. But if those are your only options, yes go with the offset legs, until you get either Flamecaster's burning crown or mutagenic chest.
    That is what I was thinking. Thank you for your input

  9. #749
    Out of curiosity, what exactly do the patch notes mean when they say LB explosion now scales with haste? Faster? Takes damage from haste somehow?

    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

  10. #750
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Out of curiosity, what exactly do the patch notes mean when they say LB explosion now scales with haste? Faster? Takes damage from haste somehow?
    As far as I know the number of ticks increases damage of explosion. More haste = more ticks = more damage.

  11. #751
    Bloodsail Admiral Saegno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Kansas City, Ks
    Posts
    1,013
    @Abra
    According to your spreadsheet I only need 5266 to get +10 ticks of glyphed combustion with berserking, 4pc and raid haste, right?

    Edit- Anyone else having issues with AMR not having an option to enforce the hitcap?
    Last edited by Saegno; 2013-05-21 at 04:04 PM.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

  12. #752
    High Overlord Vaelkder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Manually double-checking since I found out there was an error in what I was using (and I stupidly let a program do it for me...), in addition to you guys getting different results.

    iLevel: 522 (No TF, no upgrades)
    Gemming: Red = Potent [Int/Crit], Yellow = Smooth [Crit], Blue = Piercing [Crit/Hit]
    Reforging: Mastery > Hit > Haste > Crit

    *Helms*
    Tier: 81 Haste, 410 Hit (Hit reforged to Crit)
    Off: 180 Int, 301 Crit

    Shoulders
    Tier: 66 Crit, 495 Haste
    Off: 421 Hit (Hit reforged to Haste)

    *Chests*
    Tier: 572 Mastery, 1002 Hit (Mastery reforged to Crit)
    Off: 100 Int, 284 Crit, 907 Haste

    Gloves
    Tier: 80 Int, 449 Mastery (Mastery reforged to Haste)
    Off: 191 Crit, 434 Haste

    Legs
    Tier: 220 Int, 247 Hit (Hit reforged to Haste)
    Off: 4 Crit, 547 Haste

    Re-analysis:

    - Off-tier helm, based on Crit alone, is the best choice.
    - There's little to no point in choosing the off-tier shoulder over your tier, even for Frost as well!
    - Despite our tier robes having 3 sockets, the Mastery is so crap and the off-tier is sooo good on Haste. If not going by Crit alone, this one might win due to the sheer amount of Haste on it, helping us hit our next plateau.
    - Our gloves suck, and the off-tier is nice, but the off-tier helm and chest are better choices. Kinda forced to pick this one up.
    - Lots of Haste due to the 3 Potent gems in the legs, but they do, in fact, lose, because of the helm and shoulders being better choices.

    Whelp, that'll teach me to let a program do my shit for me. Although, it might be debatable to not get the chest. That's a ton of Haste to get from the Chest for a very small Crit and Int cost (a large Mastery and Hit cost, but... Well, like you said, Hit doesn't mean much, right?)

    Until we start doing heroics, I think I might swap my worst tier piece to chest (seeing as how I already have Helm, Shoulders, and Gloves).

    Anyways, I apologize for my previously incorrect results! The post's been edited to tell people not to follow my stupidity, lol XD
    Now to add a can of gasoline to the fire, with what is probably a completely moronic question:

    Vaelkder on US Sargeras (can't post the Armory link here, as yet...)

    I have the 522 Tier Helm, Shoulders, Gloves and Legs, with the Thunderforged Mutagenic Robes from Primordius. My guild tells me that this is the best set up, and I've been passed over again and again for the Tier Chest, even though I want to go back to Arcane (I really do stink at Fire, regardless of all the incredible help from my guildies and from everyone here on the forums; my RNG is in the toilet and won't stop flushing, despite everything which I've done to help it along).

    Recently, I received the Heroic Legs from Jin'Rokh, which I know are astounding for Arcane.

    So, my question is:

    Should I stick with Fire and try to get the Tier Chest and the Non-Tier Helm, as everyone is suggesting and keep trying to learn Fire, or should I try to get the Tier Chest and swap out all the 522 and 528 Mastery-heavy pieces in my bags and go back to Arcane?

    Any and all comments are appreciated!


  13. #753
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelkder View Post
    Now to add a can of gasoline to the fire, with what is probably a completely moronic question:

    Vaelkder on US Sargeras (can't post the Armory link here, as yet...)

    I have the 522 Tier Helm, Shoulders, Gloves and Legs, with the Thunderforged Mutagenic Robes from Primordius. My guild tells me that this is the best set up, and I've been passed over again and again for the Tier Chest, even though I want to go back to Arcane (I really do stink at Fire, regardless of all the incredible help from my guildies and from everyone here on the forums; my RNG is in the toilet and won't stop flushing, despite everything which I've done to help it along).

    Recently, I received the Heroic Legs from Jin'Rokh, which I know are astounding for Arcane.

    So, my question is:

    Should I stick with Fire and try to get the Tier Chest and the Non-Tier Helm, as everyone is suggesting and keep trying to learn Fire, or should I try to get the Tier Chest and swap out all the 522 and 528 Mastery-heavy pieces in my bags and go back to Arcane?

    Any and all comments are appreciated!
    As far as I know the tier chest is BiS even for arcane as the Dark Animus head has 180 int bonus compared to the 180 crit of the tier head. So yes the tier chest is something that you want.
    Last edited by mrgreenthump; 2013-05-21 at 06:23 PM.

  14. #754
    High Overlord Vaelkder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    As far as I know the tier chest is BiS even for arcane as the Dark Animus head has 180 int bonus compared to the 180 crit of the tier head. So yes the tier chest is something that you want.
    That makes sense, yes. So, would I want to use the 522/528 Hood of the Crimson Wake from Dark Animus (if either of them drop) or use the 535 Al'set's Tormented Leggings from Heroic Jin'Rokh, which I already have?

    Thank you!


  15. #755
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelkder View Post
    That makes sense, yes. So, would I want to use the 522/528 Hood of the Crimson Wake from Dark Animus (if either of them drop) or use the 535 Al'set's Tormented Leggings from Heroic Jin'Rokh, which I already have?
    That's kinda out of my ballpark, but would think the legs edge a bit infront as its higher itemlevel..

  16. #756
    Bloodsail Admiral spaace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,112
    Fire guide not arcane..

    For fire the robes and helm are so close together.. basically you just want whatever you can get access to.
    3DS FC: 5172 - 0403 - 7277
    Pokemon Y Safari Steel Type (Feroseed, Forretess, Brozong)
    Bravely Default
    White Mage|XIV Stream

  17. #757
    Bloodsail Admiral Saegno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Kansas City, Ks
    Posts
    1,013
    No one responded to my earlier question to Abra so I'll ask again.

    I'm getting lots of different numbers for haste caps. I will have troll berserking, raid haste, 4pc bonus and lust. I'm showing I would need 5645 Haste to hit +19 ticks on glyphed combustion with all of that and 5487 Haste to get +10 ticks without lust.

    Can anyone confirm these numbers? If the 5645 is correct I can go ahead and use an 80int-160haste to hit that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

  18. #758
    Quote Originally Posted by Saegno View Post
    No one responded to my earlier question to Abra so I'll ask again.

    I'm getting lots of different numbers for haste caps. I will have troll berserking, raid haste, 4pc bonus and lust. I'm showing I would need 5645 Haste to hit +19 ticks on glyphed combustion with all of that and 5487 Haste to get +10 ticks without lust.

    Can anyone confirm these numbers? If the 5645 is correct I can go ahead and use an 80int-160haste to hit that.
    AMR has a really good tool for figuring out haste breakpoints.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  19. #759
    Bloodsail Admiral Saegno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Kansas City, Ks
    Posts
    1,013
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    AMR has a really good tool for figuring out haste breakpoints.
    Which is where I got those numbers from, however the ones posted by abra are different so I was looking for confirmation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

  20. #760
    http://wowcalculator.com/

    Confirms 5487 for +10 without lust. I can't use it to confirm with lust since it only goes out +15 ticks.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •