Thread: Fire Mage Guide

Page 4 of 83 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimm3 View Post
    btw shouldnt the shado pan revered trinket be in that trinket list somewhere?
    Sure:

1079 Int
    25% uptime on 2822 crit

I'm just going to use Rinoa's scale factors from the trinkets page.
    705.5*1.98 + 1079*3.78 =
    1396.89 + 4078.62 = 5475.51

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1208556-Trinkets

That would put it right bellow Zen Alch Stone

Relic of Yu'lon > Light of the Cosmos > Zen Alchemist Stone > Shado Pan Valor > Vision of the Predator > Mithril Wristwatch > Flashfrozen Resin Glob > Dragonling

Update: 10/30/12 I used the wrong crit value on activation. Here's the updated calculation:
    ShadoPan
    25% uptime
    3595 crit

1079 Int
    898.75 static crit

4.14(1079) + 2.27(898.75)=
    4467.06 + 2040.1625 =

I recalculated all trinkets on post 103 of page 6
    Last edited by Windry; 2012-10-30 at 09:04 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Extremely helpful guide, with a logical poster willing to discuss various aspects of the guide and the spec. You helped me get a much stronger and consistent combustion, thanks.

Bump for Sticky

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Me222 View Post
    You helped me get a much stronger and consistent combustion, thanks.
    its a shame that with the NERF to pyro it will not work on the next patch 3sec CD on pyro will ruin fire pve badly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by invictusordead View Post
    its a shame that with the NERF to pyro it will not work on the next patch 3sec CD on pyro will ruin fire pve badly.
    It will ruin this specific rotation...with the combustion change(ignite only) we have to see the effect on DPS overall..

Quote Originally Posted by Jimm3 View Post
    It will ruin this specific rotation...with the combustion change(ignite only) we have to see the effect on DPS overall..
    It will hurt on add burst too. Killing totem spirits or Elegon adds will be a little more troublesome now having to hard cast more often.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

1.3.a) If you believe 2 Crit > 1 Int, then you gem:
    Prismatic: 320 Crit
    Yellow: 320 Crit
    Blue: 160 Hit + 160 Crit
    Red: 80 Int + 160 Crit OR 160 Expertise + 160 Crit
    I´m probably way off, but wouldn´t a blue pure hit gem be better, since hit is valued higher than crit?

I used 5 second evocate in my
    Last edited by edwadspaul8; 2012-10-24 at 12:44 PM.

am i wrong with this:

crit is still over int and haste when youre below the 30xx haste for combustion/lb?

or is haste until 30xx above crit even?

i don't KNOW if its worth loosing 1400-1500 crit for me.

e: so how much of a "gain" is it when you lose crit?
    Last edited by adnre; 2012-10-24 at 03:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    You're full of shit honey.

Quote Originally Posted by Silentbob78 View Post
    I´m probably way off, but wouldn´t a blue pure hit gem be better, since hit is valued higher than crit?
    nope cause with pure gemming hit, you are basicly saving that rating to be reforged from gear, and with current gear that means you would be gaining either 160 mastery or haste rating, which are both worse than crit rating.

Amazing Fire Mage Guide! Here's a question for ya! My raid does NOT provide the 5% Haste Buff (I know blasphemy!) In your opinion, where should your Haste be at then? "With Haste Buff" 3056, "No Haste Buff" Where? I'm in a hell of a spot, thank you for your time!

-Kolt

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    nope cause with pure gemming hit, you are basicly saving that rating to be reforged from gear, and with current gear that means you would be gaining either 160 mastery or haste rating, which are both worse than crit rating.
    Ahh, that makes sense. Thank you

10+ Year Old Account
    What should you crit be at before moving on to haste, in terms of reforge?

Quote Originally Posted by adnre View Post
    am i wrong with this:
    crit is still over int and haste when youre below the 30xx haste for combustion/lb?
    or is haste until 30xx above crit even?
    i don't KNOW if its worth loosing 1400-1500 crit for me.
    e: so how much of a "gain" is it when you lose crit?
    2 crit > 1 int (always)
    2 crit > 2 haste (always)
    2 haste > 1 int (under 3056)
    2 haste < 1 int (over 3056)

To be clear, you never ever gem haste.
    Just as mrgreenthump responded to Silentbob, often times with current gear set up, when you gem more hit, once reforged, it actually ends up being more haste.

This is because, once over hit capped, a gear piece with: crit/hit will reforge the hit into haste, or a piece with: crit/haste that would have originally reforged the haste into hit no longer does so.

So, where this comes into play is the red socket. If you're still trying to reach 3056, you gem expertise/crit, and after reforging, you should come out with more haste. If you're over 3056, then the red socket should be int/crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Koltrane View Post
    Amazing Fire Mage Guide! Here's a question for ya! My raid does NOT provide the 5% Haste Buff (I know blasphemy!) In your opinion, where should your Haste be at then? "With Haste Buff" 3056, "No Haste Buff" Where? I'm in a hell of a spot, thank you for your time!

-Kolt
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...ZmFYa0E#gid=39

3056 is the number while raid buffed will get you 14th tick NT and 23rd tick Glyphed Combustion. The corresponding haste without 5% haste would be 5334. You won't be able to reach this without sacrificing a lot of crit... so don't go for it.

3175 however is the haste for unbuffed 22nd tick of Glyphed Combustion. You might want to try to go for that, but of course, never sacrificing crit.

---------- Post added 2012-10-24 at 11:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lalicat View Post
    What should you crit be at before moving on to haste, in terms of reforge?
    You never move on to haste, you reforge to crit as much as possible. When you reforge into haste is with a piece of gear that already has crit and another stat on it.

1: crit/mastery - reforge mastery into hit if under cap, to haste otherwise
    2: crit/hit - reforge hit into haste if over the cap
    3: crit/haste - same as 2, but reverse
    4: haste/hit - reforge haste or hit into crit (depending on where you are with the caps)
    5: Mastery/hit - reforge mastery into crit
    6: mastery/haste - reforge mastery into crit

Thank you again Windry! I really appreciate it! Come on Blizz! Give Sporebats Haste, or more classes that provide Haste

Quote Originally Posted by Koltrane View Post
    Thank you again Windry! I really appreciate it! Come on Blizz! Give Sporebats Haste, or more classes that provide Haste
    What? I thought Blizzard's whole stand on not giving Resto/Enh shamans the 5% haste was that Sporebats from hunters COULD bring haste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks Windry, that's what I've been doing. Makes sense and simple enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post
    What? I thought Blizzard's whole stand on not giving Resto/Enh shamans the 5% haste was that Sporebats from hunters COULD bring haste.
    The Hunter that gave me this false info, has now been sacked.

Quote Originally Posted by invictusordead View Post
    Where exactly is there a nerf? Have you tested it at all? All I saw (With the subpar 90 premades) was combustion literally double in damage. In the premade's 460 gear, I was hitting 60k combustions with ease. Hell, even with ONE pyro, and one instant fireball following it, 20-40k combustions were easily achieved with a cooldown or some luck on crits.

The change might affect how much fun someone has on the spec, but people need to stop saying it's directly a nerf, it's not by any means.

Deleted
    Invocation gains per cycle:
    45 seconds = 40*1.25 -> 50000% DPS/45 seconds =
    1.1111 DPS

Rune of Power gains per cycle:
    61.5 seconds = 60*1.15 -> 69000% DPS/61.5 seconds =
    1.12195 DPS
    I disagree and here's why.

Invocation lasts 40 second and has 6 second channeling time. During the channeling you won't be doing any damage, which means your dps is 0. The first 40 second you're doing 25% extra damage and after that you are doing 6 second no damage. In other words:
    (1.25 * 40 + 6 * 0) / (40 + 6) = 50 / 46 = 1,0869
    This means you're actually doing only 8,7% more damage than unbuffed, because:
    1 * 46 / 46 = 1

Same thing with rune of power. Lasts 60 second where you do 15% more damage and after that you have 1.5 second of no damage:
    (1,15 * 60 + 0 * 1,5) / (60 + 1,5) = 69 / 61,5 = 1,1219
    Which means you only do 12,2% more damage than you would do without

Do remember that incanter's ward gives us 6% more damage when its off cooldown and 30% more when the shield breaks. Let's calculate how much extra damage IW provides us in best case scenario:
    (1,30 * 15 + 1 * 10) / (25 + 1,5) = 29,5 / 26,5 = 1,1132
    After the buffs ends you have no extra damage for the next 10 second and once IW comes off cooldown you use one global(1,5 sec) to get it pack up, giving you total of 11,3% more damage ONLY if you keep spamming it and it breaks immediately, otherwise the damage is lower(duh!).

Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post
    2 crit > 1 int (always)
    2 crit > 2 haste (always)
    2 haste > 1 int (under 3056)
    2 haste < 1 int (over 3056)

To be clear, you never ever gem haste.
    Just as mrgreenthump responded to Silentbob, often times with current gear set up, when you gem more hit, once reforged, it actually ends up being more haste.

This is because, once over hit capped, a gear piece with: crit/hit will reforge the hit into haste, or a piece with: crit/haste that would have originally reforged the haste into hit no longer does so.

So, where this comes into play is the red socket. If you're still trying to reach 3056, you gem expertise/crit, and after reforging, you should come out with more haste. If you're over 3056, then the red socket should be int/crit.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...ZmFYa0E#gid=39

3056 is the number while raid buffed will get you 14th tick NT and 23rd tick Glyphed Combustion. The corresponding haste without 5% haste would be 5334. You won't be able to reach this without sacrificing a lot of crit... so don't go for it.

3175 however is the haste for unbuffed 22nd tick of Glyphed Combustion. You might want to try to go for that, but of course, never sacrificing crit.

---------- Post added 2012-10-24 at 11:20 AM ----------

You never move on to haste, you reforge to crit as much as possible. When you reforge into haste is with a piece of gear that already has crit and another stat on it.

1: crit/mastery - reforge mastery into hit if under cap, to haste otherwise
    2: crit/hit - reforge hit into haste if over the cap
    3: crit/haste - same as 2, but reverse
    4: haste/hit - reforge haste or hit into crit (depending on where you are with the caps)
    5: Mastery/hit - reforge mastery into crit
    6: mastery/haste - reforge mastery into crit
    so:
    you dont gem haste
    gem expertise/crit and try to get as much haste out of the gear without forging away crit ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    You're full of shit honey.