Thread: Fire Mage Guide

Page 66 of 82 FirstFirst ...
16
56
64
65
66
67
68
76
... LastLast
  1. #1301
    Quote Originally Posted by exitiumgm View Post
    does this work for cataclysm?
    The original post hasn't been upgraded in months, but 99% of the stuff there is still valid. Only real change from when it was last updated was a combustion nerf and a few scaling nerfs.

  2. #1302
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Your gear is lacking. Do you have your 4p from the previous tier? Set bonuses tend to outweigh upgrading to a random stat 535 item. I'd also ask why the hell you aren't using your epic meta considering you're on the runestone phase of the legendary. Overall it looks like you aren't doing everything you can to maximize your dps.
    Firstly thank you for your answer, i had 4 set bonus from last tier with my chest and hand, but they were both LFR items so i sacrificed 4 set bonus for more stats, i was at %34 crit with them and now i have almost %40, it changed my dps a lot. And about the legendary meta gem, i'm waiting for better item to use the meta gem on that because it's not worth to use that gem for a 502 ilvl item... Well i guess i should wait for some pieces from this tier.

  3. #1303
    Can someone tells me the opening rotation of fire Mage?

  4. #1304
    Quote Originally Posted by Skilloras View Post
    Can someone tells me the opening rotation of fire Mage?
    Prepull 3 main things: Invocation up, pre-pot, mirror images and a hardcasted pyro.

    After the pull: Get your procs rolling, get a pyro proc and heating up active, cast a fireball then immediately follow it up with your alter time pyro spam sequence for your opener combustion.

  5. #1305
    Thank you that really helps me!

  6. #1306
    Haven't played fire in a while. If I have 545-550+ ilvl how should I value secondary stats? Crit > Haste > Mastery, or Crit > Mastery > Haste?

    Edit - realized haste is probably more valuable since the combustion nerf. Another question though - Is there a point where Crit becomes less valuable than either of the others?
    Last edited by Escapist; 2013-10-03 at 05:18 PM.

  7. #1307
    Quote Originally Posted by Escapist View Post
    Haven't played fire in a while. If I have 545-550+ ilvl how should I value secondary stats? Crit > Haste > Mastery, or Crit > Mastery > Haste?

    Edit - realized haste is probably more valuable since the combustion nerf. Another question though - Is there a point where Crit becomes less valuable than either of the others?
    We aren't gaining alot of crit this tier, you don't want to drop crit for haste or mastery.

    But yeah its basically crit > haste > mastery.

  8. #1308
    The Patient Mûe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    GER
    Posts
    228
    Well actually, we would gain a hell of a lot crit this tier... if it wasnt for the trinkets... Or if the BoI would increase crit rating instead of pure critical dmg... I think statwise the set is the best we have ever had.

  9. #1309
    Quote Originally Posted by Mûe View Post
    Well actually, we would gain a hell of a lot crit this tier... if it wasnt for the trinkets... Or if the BoI would increase crit rating instead of pure critical dmg... I think statwise the set is the best we have ever had.
    Still doesn't change the fact that we aren't gaining much crit at all in comparison from T14 to T15.

  10. #1310
    Quote Originally Posted by Mûe View Post
    Well actually, we would gain a hell of a lot crit this tier... if it wasnt for the trinkets... Or if the BoI would increase crit rating instead of pure critical dmg... I think statwise the set is the best we have ever had.
    Ill take amped crit dmg over rating any day..

  11. #1311
    @ Mue

    Actually the best stats we have had was in ICC from my memory.

  12. #1312
    Any pointers for Garrosh? My DPS has been pretty garbage for the fight and I've started getting called out on it (despite being the Iron Star bitch in phase 1). Most other fights I do pretty well, but this one has just been a complete pain in the ass for me as fire.

  13. #1313
    Tell them you wont be that iron star bitch, have some one else do it for just 1-2 tries. Pump out that combustion to all the lovely adds, and you should be right back in the sweet spot. pointless dps but it sounds like that's all your guild leader thinks with.

    Doing the engineers drains a lot of total damage cause its the phase where every one is cleaving except you. How is pure boss single target meters looking like?.
    I mean you could just be bad, i dont know :P but it sounds really strange that your guild does not seem to understand the dps loss going to engineers.

  14. #1314
    Looking at fire mages stat weights, it seems to be that at a certain haste rating + Amplification trinket, that frost armor may in fact provide more than molten armor? Simply because of how haste is calculated at a certain amount of haste the 1.07 and 1.09 modifiers on haste from Immerseus trinket and frost armor would generate enough haste gain to be greater than the 5% critical strike on molten armor. This would also allow for hitting some higher breakpoints. Just wondering about this or am I waaay off basis here?

  15. #1315
    Quote Originally Posted by Waze View Post
    Looking at fire mages stat weights, it seems to be that at a certain haste rating + Amplification trinket, that frost armor may in fact provide more than molten armor? Simply because of how haste is calculated at a certain amount of haste the 1.07 and 1.09 modifiers on haste from Immerseus trinket and frost armor would generate enough haste gain to be greater than the 5% critical strike on molten armor. This would also allow for hitting some higher breakpoints. Just wondering about this or am I waaay off basis here?
    There are no breakpoints for fire that are worth hitting by sacrificing crit.

    Use molten armor.

  16. #1316
    The Lightbringer LocNess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Indiana, United States
    Posts
    3,071
    Quote Originally Posted by stX3 View Post
    Ill take amped crit dmg over rating any day..
    Yeah I have the 561 Immerseus Trinket. My Pyro and Fireball crits are just gigantic. First night and Pyro was averaging out at 350k ish. Great stuff

  17. #1317
    Quote Originally Posted by Amatarasu View Post
    Any pointers for Garrosh? My DPS has been pretty garbage for the fight and I've started getting called out on it (despite being the Iron Star bitch in phase 1). Most other fights I do pretty well, but this one has just been a complete pain in the ass for me as fire.
    Iron Star bitch lowers your dps by a HUGE amount, not just the time off the boss and adds, but you lose all the passive dot damage from pyroblast on the boss/adds.

    The dps that really matters comes in phase 2 and 3. Are you killing your spawning add fast and away from others, are you killing the weapon, all while doing good damage on the boss, in that phase. Or if you are kiting, are you smashing the hell out of the boss really good in that phase to push him to phase 3. And then once in phase 3, are you getting good damage while also getting down the MC's super fast.

    Overall dps on the Garrosh fight is not a terribly good measurement of your performance. People who are cleaving adds in phase one, and people who have crazy easy aoe (lolReign of Fire) for the ToES adds are going to outdps you, and there is nothing you can do about it. You could try to scumbag dps, but other classes will always out scumbag you.

    The only other thing is, if your damage is low on the boss compared to others, could be if other players in your raid have had good luck with trinkets/weapons, and you're still using T15 trinkets, that will really hurt you in comparison to them.

    Best of luck.

  18. #1318
    Bloodsail Admiral Dutchmagoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,134
    Being IronStar bitch is a retarded dps loss. The first minute of the fight you can pull 500k-1million dps, which you all miss out of because adds will probably be too low to spread dots to and stuff. You can still catch up on later waves and because the fight is pretty long, but if your pulls are very short, you won't be doing good dps.

  19. #1319
    So, about the stat values. A lot of people refer to Vykina, but he seems awfully biased (I think he's in love with haste or they're having an affair of some kind) and I just keep getting better numbers with 2 crit > 2 haste (8086 breakpoint) > 2 mastery > 2 haste > 1 int than if I completely stack haste.

    Also, a lot of people are suggesting to stay away from exp/crit gems, but I disagree. All secondary stats are better to gem for than int according to every single test I've done. Is anyone else getting same results or can someone provide with hard facts that full-on haste actually is better?

    (I got 4p, amp trinket, cloak and ilvl 558)
    EU first PG wave 30, come at me bros.

  20. #1320
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    367
    If I had not so much hit, it would try to gem exp/crit in red. But with my current gear, it's already hard to reforge all the excessive hit into another stat to stay near the hitcap. Now, I could replace one int/crit gem with exp/crit but this wouldn't be noticeable at all. I've to say that I still use T15 because our token drop rate is like 1/6 per raid (including garrosh) and T16 only got red gems despite the pants (guess we got 5 tokens since 5.4 shared with 5 raid members ).
    If we assume that 2 points of any 2nd stat is better than 1 int, gemming exp/crit and reforging all excessive hit into crit/haste/mastery in return is always mathematically better than int.

    Conclusion: Yes, gem exp/crit if you can reforge ~ 5100 hit.

    Nevertheless, I'm also two-minded if it's better to go crit > haste or crit > hastecap > mastery. I went crit > haste, but just because we do not have the 5% haste in our raid ;( which is kinda frustrating. Casting faster feels really good, but mastery isn't that bad in my opinion.

    I don't know the current state of simcraft and usability of its results, but it also calculated that mastery is better than haste for me (I've 11,k haste). Try if you want to :-)
    Last edited by Smaikiii; 2013-10-16 at 02:43 PM.
    Fire Mage 14/14 10H+25H <Integrity> @ EU-Eredar

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •