Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulwarked View Post
    My fault, thought it would expand better than that.
    http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...38278#30338278

    He dances around calling someone retarded after they mention "broth mother" or brood mother from dota.
    Heh. I like it.

    People say dumb stuff. Sometimes you get called out on it.

  2. #42
    Warchief sam86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Egypt
    Posts
    2,169
    Actually defending yourself is something I respect
    I guess turning to a real spider with 8legs kill the "sexy" part around her, we still don't know anything about her abilities yet
    Is there anything that confirms she will be AP mid? I prefer her to be able to jungle at least (either AP or AD), the idea of a spider jumping out of jungle will kill arachnophobia players
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall

  3. #43
    I am Murloc! Thallidomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    5,702
    Quote Originally Posted by Trafalgarlaw View Post
    I fail to see the problem here. If i was him, I would've called him a retard straight up. Getting really fed up with tards going DURR Dota2 copy hurrherpmaderp.
    Dota 2 is dire, Valve is doing to dota what they did to Counterstrike. Add nothing new, slightly improve graphics, and then milk people for as much as they can.
    Doesn't the sheer positive reception contrary to your claim say otherwise about DotA? All I've heard is how "so AWSUM!!1!!!11!1111" it'll be.

    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Heh. I like it.

    People say dumb stuff. Sometimes you get called out on it.
    As a moderators you can't have that opinion in public. If I'd call you a retard, because in my opinion you are (which isn't so, just saying), then I'd get banned for a nice vacation period. If a mod or developer says so, because they think that person is one, it's suddenly ok?

    I feel double standards here and it's not something I would encourage, especially not when you are a moderator. There is absolutely nothing to like about that response. It's immature, rude to those that actually have a handicap and it's a way of communication that's just plain dumb in the context of PR, as previously mentioned.

    Bashiok and a few of those other blues are no exception to this. Bashiok is the worst possible CM ever to have walked the earth in a blue coat. Not because I disagree with what he says, per definition, but because he's the biggest liar the company has, is extremely foulmouthed and revels in it. Especially that last part is dangerous.

  5. #45
    Moderator Axethor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Elchea Library
    Posts
    3,555
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Actually defending yourself is something I respect
    I guess turning to a real spider with 8legs kill the "sexy" part around her, we still don't know anything about her abilities yet
    Is there anything that confirms she will be AP mid? I prefer her to be able to jungle at least (either AP or AD), the idea of a spider jumping out of jungle will kill arachnophobia players
    Her spotlight confirms she is a mage who is probably best played mid. Here's the odd part though, Spider form is played like an assassin. So basically, you play sustained damage mage till you get full spiderlings then burst someone down in spider form, at least that's what I'm reading it as. Definitely gonna be interesting.

    If she has a level 1 ult like Jayce I could see jungle Elise working, just like jungle Lulu, Zyra, and Annie "work". Certainly not in any competitive manner though.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-18 at 03:06 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    As a moderators you can't have that opinion in public. If I'd call you a retard, because in my opinion you are (which isn't so, just saying), then I'd get banned for a nice vacation period. If a mod or developer says so, because they think that person is one, it's suddenly ok?

    I feel double standards here and it's not something I would encourage, especially not when you are a moderator. There is absolutely nothing to like about that response. It's immature, rude to those that actually have a handicap and it's a way of communication that's just plain dumb in the context of PR, as previously mentioned.

    Bashiok and a few of those other blues are no exception to this. Bashiok is the worst possible CM ever to have walked the earth in a blue coat. Not because I disagree with what he says, per definition, but because he's the biggest liar the company has, is extremely foulmouthed and revels in it. Especially that last part is dangerous.
    To be honest that certainly is not the worst Morello has said. I personally like that he is willing to defend his game like that against someone who, quite frankly, is a total idiot.

    Axethor - level 90 UH/Blood DK
    Raelof - level 90 BM Hunter

    Steam | Twitter

    LoL Forum Mod | General Forum FAQ

  6. #46
    Moderator Isrozzis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The land of too much heat
    Posts
    3,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    As a moderators you can't have that opinion in public. If I'd call you a retard, because in my opinion you are (which isn't so, just saying), then I'd get banned for a nice vacation period. If a mod or developer says so, because they think that person is one, it's suddenly ok?

    I feel double standards here and it's not something I would encourage, especially not when you are a moderator. There is absolutely nothing to like about that response. It's immature, rude to those that actually have a handicap and it's a way of communication that's just plain dumb in the context of PR, as previously mentioned.

    Bashiok and a few of those other blues are no exception to this. Bashiok is the worst possible CM ever to have walked the earth in a blue coat. Not because I disagree with what he says, per definition, but because he's the biggest liar the company has, is extremely foulmouthed and revels in it. Especially that last part is dangerous.
    The thing is though, they aren't moderators. That's not their job. Phreak is a shoutcaster, Morello is the lead champion design, and ghost crawler and bashiok are both devs afaik. Personally I think they do a fantastic job of keeping it relatively civil. If I was a champion designer and read through a forum full of people complaining and bashing, and generally being unintelligent, I would probably snap a lot sooner.

    So the main point is, they aren't moderators, they are Riot employees. So they have no obligation to moderate their posts, or anything really.

  7. #47
    I am Murloc! Thallidomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    5,702
    Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    The thing is though, they aren't moderators. That's not their job. Phreak is a shoutcaster, Morello is the lead champion design, and ghost crawler and bashiok are both devs afaik. Personally I think they do a fantastic job of keeping it relatively civil. If I was a champion designer and read through a forum full of people complaining and bashing, and generally being unintelligent, I would probably snap a lot sooner.

    So the main point is, they aren't moderators, they are Riot employees. So they have no obligation to moderate their posts, or anything really.
    Not necessarily, remember the Tseric vs. Shaman incident a while ago on the WoW forums, where one of his posts lead to a massive shitstorm from the Shaman community and Tseric stepping down?

    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

  8. #48
    Oh dear.

    So Q is generic damage
    W is generic damage with slow-moving projectile.
    E is skillshot stun.

    Q2 is generic gapcloser
    W2 is random steroid
    E2 is...playful trickster with an absolutely ridiculous duration

    Broodmother still best spider.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trafalgarlaw View Post
    I fail to see the problem here. If i was him, I would've called him a retard straight up. Getting really fed up with tards going DURR Dota2 copy hurrherpmaderp.
    Dota 2 is dire, Valve is doing to dota what they did to Counterstrike. Add nothing new, slightly improve graphics, and then milk people for as much as they can.
    >Milking people.
    >LoL forum.
    >Riot.

    Need I say more.

    Anyway, last legit copy was Thrall>Viktor.
    inb4 Alai
    Last edited by Zefie; 2012-10-18 at 07:25 AM.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    The thing is though, they aren't moderators. That's not their job. Phreak is a shoutcaster, Morello is the lead champion design, and ghost crawler and bashiok are both devs afaik. Personally I think they do a fantastic job of keeping it relatively civil. If I was a champion designer and read through a forum full of people complaining and bashing, and generally being unintelligent, I would probably snap a lot sooner.

    So the main point is, they aren't moderators, they are Riot employees. So they have no obligation to moderate their posts, or anything really.
    Ok, mod, dev, anyone carrying the "flag". I didn't expect I'd have to clarify that, but hey, that's how people like to pick out the things in posts so they can "deal with them" I guess.

    And to be clear, I find it morally wrong. I'm not saying they should be arrested or fired, or assassinated, although fired in the case of Bashiok, no problem, but I'm saying its wrong on several moral levels and from a PR perspective.

    Any mod/dev/whatever forum boy that carries the MMO-Champion flag should refrain from uttering any personal opinion that condones or agrees with such behavior when they function as the arm of the law on these boards. If you can't deal with that as a moderator of these boards, you shouldn't be a moderator of these boards and you can express your infantile opinions just like the other rabid Riot fanbois. ('you' being the one(s) it applies to).

    To be honest that certainly is not the worst Morello has said. I personally like that he is willing to defend his game like that against someone who, quite frankly, is a total idiot.
    Nothing wrong with defending the game or its design choice. There is something wrong with how he chooses to do so. Any semi intelligent being, could handle that with a perfect bit of sarcasm, without actually ever getting insulting and juvenile.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2012-10-18 at 07:32 AM.

  10. #50
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Germany & Canada
    Posts
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I can't wait for her!!

    We finally have a spider based champion.
    Um, we have Urgot? Oo

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Strossus View Post
    Um, we have Urgot? Oo
    He just has a lot of legs, little to do with a spider.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Oh dear.

    So Q is generic damage
    W is generic damage with slow-moving projectile.
    E is skillshot stun.

    Q2 is generic gapcloser
    W2 is random steroid
    E2 is...playful trickster with an absolutely ridiculous duration

    Broodmother still best spider.
    She does look awesome. I am already predicting they will be nerfing a bit the range of the stun she has a bit of the damage from the abilities that do dmg based on the target's maximum health.
    Quote Originally Posted by Strossus View Post
    Um, we have Urgot? Oo
    Urgot's no a spider, not even close.

  13. #53
    Elemental Lord Duilliath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Moonglade
    Posts
    8,107
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Ok, mod, dev, anyone carrying the "flag". I didn't expect I'd have to clarify that, but hey, that's how people like to pick out the things in posts so they can "deal with them" I guess.

    And to be clear, I find it morally wrong. I'm not saying they should be arrested or fired, or assassinated, although fired in the case of Bashiok, no problem, but I'm saying its wrong on several moral levels and from a PR perspective.

    Any mod/dev/whatever forum boy that carries the MMO-Champion flag should refrain from uttering any personal opinion that condones or agrees with such behavior when they function as the arm of the law on these boards. If you can't deal with that as a moderator of these boards, you shouldn't be a moderator of these boards and you can express your infantile opinions just like the other rabid Riot fanbois. ('you' being the one(s) it applies to).



    Nothing wrong with defending the game or its design choice. There is something wrong with how he chooses to do so. Any semi intelligent being, could handle that with a perfect bit of sarcasm, without actually ever getting insulting and juvenile.
    I prefer real people over PC pussyfooting. If someone is being a complete idiot, I have little problem with game devs calling them out on it. Don't be an idiot and you don't get called out. See how it works? Morello goes into plenty of detail if there's a worthwhile and relevant conversation to be had. He just does not like playing into whatever another idiot comes up with this time and I quite like that in him. If anything, I wish Blizzard would do that more often as it'd make their official forums a lot less "wah wah" and more actual discussion. Unfortunately, that bit is lacking as well with Blizzards' people rarely (if ever) getting involved on the forums.

    --

    Funnily enough, my first thought when I saw human-form Elise wasn't Zyra. Or Syndra/Diana, for that matter. It was Drider/Drow Queen/Lolth. That tickled me enormously and her abilities seem like a lot of fun. Even though I tend to main AD, I think I'll pick her up asap.
    Last edited by Duilliath; 2012-10-18 at 09:53 AM.

  14. #54
    Warchief Kuthe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,202
    Quote Originally Posted by Strossus View Post
    Um, we have Urgot? Oo
    Urgot is like a man, build, like frankensteins monster, with robot legs.
    Heh.


    I made a couple of comments about Elise in the LoL main forum on MMO-C.

    Basically after a game, her E is insanely OP in Spider Form, 2 second Playful trickster, and no Mana cost, just a huge CD.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

    Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    I prefer real people over PC pussyfooting. If someone is being a complete idiot, I have little problem with game devs calling them out on it. Don't be an idiot and you don't get called out. See how it works? Morello goes into plenty of detail if there's a worthwhile and relevant conversation to be had. He just does not like playing into whatever another idiot comes up with this time and I quite like that in him. If anything, I wish Blizzard would do that more often as it'd make their official forums a lot less "wah wah" and more actual discussion. Unfortunately, that bit is lacking as well with Blizzards' people rarely (if ever) getting involved on the forums.
    You seem confused. I'll repeat. I do not have an issue with showing a person that he's being an idiot.

    The moment you lower yourself to their level, which is what a few (Bashiok) Blizzard Mods/Devs actually do, you're just dragging the level of the entire board down with you. Double moral, double standards. I also wish they'd hammer some people on these very boards for sequential baiting, instead of just singular occurrences, because that would clean up the MMO_champion boards as well. That doesn't mean that I agree with the 'how', the manner, the level, the choice of expression.

    You all take their side so easily, but I wonder how you would feel after you inserted a ticket and a Blizzard moderator replies to you, telling you are a fucking retard and should shut the fuck up kkbaithx. I'd say the forum would soon be flooded and apologies being made. I do not see how this should be any different on a forum and I do not see how any mod on any board, including this one, can publicly ( I don't care what you do in private) agree with this. If you agree, just don't tell anyone. It's out of place, you should realize you post with a certain responsibility and it does not belong.

  16. #56
    Elemental Lord Duilliath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Moonglade
    Posts
    8,107
    No. The problem with idiots tends to be twofold:
    1) a sense of entitlement
    2) being completely dense to oblique or obfuscated arguments pertaining their lack of comprehension.

    Sometimes, you have to be blunt as a 10-ton hammer. That does not mean doing this persistently or even a lot of times. It means doing this at the right time, when someone is indeed being a complete and utter moron.

    Your argument is fallacious at best and intentionally misleading at worst. When you send a ticket, you don't do so to Morello, Ghostcrawler or Bashiok. You send one to Player Support, whose job it is to help people. Even so, I wager they get a ton of pointless messages, which is part of the reason for so many copy/paste responses. Lay off the strawman arguments, they do not help your case.

  17. #57
    Oh how I've not missed the LoL vs Dota2 vs HoN of MMO

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by StylesClashv3 View Post
    Oh how I've not missed the LoL vs Dota2 vs HoN of MMO
    BUT DOTA IS OBJECTIVELY BETTER, DIDN'T YOU KNOW.

    capsblox

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    BUT DOTA IS OBJECTIVELY BETTER, DIDN'T YOU KNOW.

    capsblox
    Let's compare the APM of a LoL player to a SC2 player. That seems all the rage.

  20. #60
    Elemental Lord Duilliath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Moonglade
    Posts
    8,107
    Just ignore it. I find that works wonders for the most part.

    That said, within reason it can be a valuable/viable discussion. "I prefer DotA2's flexible meta, because..." or "I like the focus on champions rather than items in LoL, as this means..." would be fine. "Joo suk and HoN >> DotA2 becos clerly DotA2 stole all from HoN" is not fine.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •