Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Elise sucks, top mid, jungle and bot. nuff said

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzleMyGrizzle View Post
    And all AD-carries suck because they are squishy... nuff said... And Supports suck... nuff said... I think you get it by now... Every champ has disadvantages, and Elise have an incredibly high skillcap. Not her damage, but her effectiveness kinda falls off lategame, due to the fact she is easy to burst down. But so does Lee sin... And she is probably the jungler with the best ganks in the game at the moment.. In fact pre-6

Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzleMyGrizzle View Post
    Get better with elise and return. Percent based q on 6 second cd is op as hell. 1.5 second stun on 15-10 second cd. Dash to an enemy carry (rappel). Minor life steal in spider form, Rapes you if your below 50% health. Can check bushes with w spider in human form.

Build her ap bruiser (some say ad, haven't tried it yet). Then return

Tryed her top (best position for her imo) and i had 0 trouble farming and just by doing a couple of Q's their always below 50% hp <3

Mid game i get to assassinate some targets with her combo
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

10+ Year Old Account
    I like playing her mid. Using her human form W is so much fun since you could send it up the side of the lane to bypass minions.

Jungle is really fun as well, but I've had better mileage mid lane.

Top all the way for me. Didn't like the idea of her in the jungle and she owns so much ass up top.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

So I have been trying to play Elise, but I really haven't done well this far. I have tried to build him in many ways since he is so versatile, but I just seem so weak no matter what I build. I just wanted to ask what is your opinion the best possible build for Elise? And do people level up Q or W first, I always go with Q. I guess tanky ap bruiser works, but I have heard people saying that ad bruiser Elise is strong aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelos View Post
    I have tried to build him in many ways since he is so versatile,
    Its a woman!! calling her like that bugs me.

Never tried her AD normaly get sorcerer boots, Rylals, rabadon, lich bane. thenn some defence. Harass in human form thenn grab the kill as spider in lane, roam alot. Teamfights poke abit try and stun someone pre- engage. Let the tank engage and once thenn go in to kill the carries.

I lv Q up first whenn top and W whenn mid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelos View Post
    So I have been trying to play Elise, but I really haven't done well this far. I have tried to build him in many ways since he is so versatile, but I just seem so weak no matter what I build. I just wanted to ask what is your opinion the best possible build for Elise? And do people level up Q or W first, I always go with Q. I guess tanky ap bruiser works, but I have heard people saying that ad bruiser Elise is strong aswell.
    I build her early penetration (Sorc shoes, Spirit Visage, Abyssal Scepter) before the heavy AP. R > W > E > Q. The only thing that scales as you level Q is the base damage, and since her AP modifier is on the % health there is no reason to level it after one point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    Percent based q on 6 second cd is op as hell.

I wonder what is her true power. People are still playing her unoptimal way quite often. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some kind of nerf after there is solid meta for this pick. Like what happened with Rengar.

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    I build her early penetration (Sorc shoes, Spirit Visage, Abyssal Scepter) before the heavy AP. R > W > E > Q. The only thing that scales as you level Q is the base damage, and since her AP modifier is on the % health there is no reason to level it after one point.
    I assume you mean Haunting Guise, not Spirit Visage? I do the same.

And... what? E before Q? I don't like to go W first but I can understand that, but why would you possibly level up E anything but last? It has no scaling, NONE, except a FEW seconds off cooldown, and it makes a very small difference until 5 ranks. The base damage on Q may be the only thing that changes, but the base damage is pretty high so I prefr to go for Q first for uber lane harass.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    I assume you mean Haunting Guise, not Spirit Visage? I do the same.

And... what? E before Q? I don't like to go W first but I can understand that, but why would you possibly level up E anything but last? It has no scaling, NONE, except a FEW seconds off cooldown, and it makes a very small difference until 5 ranks. The base damage on Q may be the only thing that changes, but the base damage is pretty high so I prefr to go for Q first for uber lane harass.
    Exactly why I level it first. It's your escape and CC, so the lower the cooldown, the better.

Well okay, she seems to be fine in lane, I can usually hold my own and harass them pretty good, but after that she just.. seems kinda weak? Maybe I just cant play her yet but her teamfight potential is pretty nonexistent, I don't do enough damage to burst anyone down and I'm fairly squishy even with rylais etc. Maybe I am missing something?

Deleted
    I tried something fairly interesting and phenomenal in my last game there and just thought I'd share it with you guys.

I was Elise and my other bot lane was Nidalee, let me just start off by saying that this combo is so damn good I would suggest that everyone here who owns Elise goes and asks a friend to pair up as Nidalee.

Why Nidalee and Elise you ask? Well for one, it can lead to some interesting combos, I stunned and used my Q combo and Spiderling in that order and then Nidalee threw out her spear. The damage done was just insane. When you REALLY want to kill targets at level 6+ start off by having Elise stun the target, use your spear, Neurotoxin and Volatile Spiderling. After this, go into spider form and grapple onto the target but before this, get Nidalee to use her Primal Surge on you to increase your AS.
    At the same time you jump onto the target, get Nidalee to turn into Cougar Form, prowl the target and use your venomous bite and takedown, preferably venomous bite should be the latter attack to enhance the percentage missing health damage. Don't forget your Attack Speed buff as Elise.

Pre-6 you should deny the AD carry by using your Stun, Spear, Venom and Spider combo, resulting in a mass loss of HP.

Try it guys, it worked great in the last game and I can't wait to try it again

Deleted
    And why would their carry constantly be hit by a rather predictive stun? In which case you'd probably do similar damage with a AD carry bot with Leona/Blitz/Naut/Taric

Deleted
    I think out of new releases as support I'd only go with Syndra and Rengar (new after Zyra ofc).
    Neither of them are any great, though Rengar will shine in that role in pubstomps pretty well.

Semi necro here, but it's what the search function is for, right?

Anyway, have you noticed that Elise is making a bit of a comeback in terms of popularity? A friend of mine builds Elise purely as a tank and plays her top lane, to devastating effect. With her damage being largely percentage based she doesn't lose much by not building damage, but her CC, initiation and chase potential are quite potent. Thinking of picking her up after I have bought Draven
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Semi necro here, but it's what the search function is for, right?

Anyway, have you noticed that Elise is making a bit of a comeback in terms of popularity? A friend of mine builds Elise purely as a tank and plays her top lane, to devastating effect. With her damage being largely percentage based she doesn't lose much by not building damage, but her CC, initiation and chase potential are quite potent. Thinking of picking her up after I have bought Draven
    well if you add a constructive post onto a topic that's not really one that can die (i.e. champion thread) it's not really a necro.

But yes, I have see this trend. In the LCS, voyboy built elise as almost a pure tank and did very well for himself with it. I haven't tried it out yet, since I don't own elise, but I've seen a lot of people doing it. And from what i've seen it has been quite effective. She becomes almost an intitator for your team.

Deleted
    I think the steady rise in popularity so long after her release is because she's not a very simple champ, and she's not a powerhouse like some champs are at launch. But as people got around to learning her, other people forgot about her. So you end up with a few people who are decent at playing her and a lot more people who have no idea how to deal with her :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deylana View Post
    I think the steady rise in popularity so long after her release is because she's not a very simple champ, and she's not a powerhouse like some champs are at launch. But as people got around to learning her, other people forgot about her. So you end up with a few people who are decent at playing her and a lot more people who have no idea how to deal with her :P
    It's a bit like how jayce worked out when he was released. He was not a common pick after the whole omg new champion thing that every champion gets. Then he showed up in a tournament and people just wrecked face with a full AD ArP build, and he suddenly became a very popular pick after people figured out what his insane poke could do.

I think people are starting to figure out elise, so she is seeing more play. I don't think she's going to reach the Jayce level of fotm, but I have seen a lot more of her lately than I have for quite some time.