Thread: Elegon Adds

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Elegon Adds

As balance how do you guys handle the adds? seems as if im the lowest aoe damage on them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by silentkillin View Post
    As balance how do you guys handle the adds? seems as if im the lowest aoe damage on them.
    Are you referring to the cosmic sparks that come out during pillar phase, or the energy orbs that head towards the pillars?
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Sparks during pillar phase.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by silentkillin View Post
    The Sparks during pillar phase.
    Since our AoE is not stellar, I honestly just multidot them and (maybe) throw a few ticks of hurricane if they're grouped up and the floor hasn't returned yet, and then I blow cooldowns and return to Elegon. Each class needs to play their strengths on Elegon, and massive burst AoE is no longer ours, unfortunately.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well apparently after looking at the logs im actually doing the most AoE damage on the sparks.

I have only been playing Balance since monday and my numbers are much lower then the rest of the group. I am geared for balance but it seems as when we switch to the pillars/adds my damages falls off. I can burst in the the start up to like 150k, but then i fall down to about 65/70k. not sure what I am doing wrong.

After raid tonight I will Post logs if anyone is willing to help me out.

Deleted
    I utilized Lunar Shower on our first kill. The last wave we killed i had starfall+engineering gloves ready for.
    So just MF/SuF the add and spam the buffed spell, keeping the LS stacks up with the boss inbetween waves and then start hitting the add as soon as possible.

Deleted
    I'd say just multidot them and go back on the boss once the floor's back, though you might want to use one hurricane if they're grouped and don't seem to die fast enough.
    As for the overall dps, it really depends on who gets to stay longer on the boss and who has to dps the big add in the "second" phase 1, since staying on the boss gives you way more dps because of the debuff stacks. That might be your problem.