faction rep in MoP?

I just came back for MoP. I'm levelling as prot in the 5 mans. I just noticed the tabards for the various factions are only available at Exalted.

Does this mean I need to quest all the way to exalted with each faction? Is there no other way to gain rep, like we did in Wrath and Cataclysm (tabard > heroics)?

You just have to do a couple, nay hundreds of dailies for exalted etc now

Deleted
    Welcome to an hour and a half of your day gone if you want to get anywhere quick.

They made to the ways of BC where it takes effort to get to exalted with reps. No more of that piss easy Wrath/Cata way.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    They made to the ways of BC where it takes effort to get to exalted with reps. No more of that piss easy Wrath/Cata way.
    In bc you farmed heroics for most exalted, you didn't do dailies for anything except shattered sun. Which also had a five man you could run repeatedly for rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Athorha View Post
    In bc you farmed heroics for most exalted, you didn't do dailies for anything except shattered sun. Which also had a five man you could run repeatedly for rep.
    And remember, you couldn't do the same heroic everyday.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Mind you, the rewards for reputation are very high now and not just a single head enchant.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

The reward for reputation is vanity. For a single given faction, it would take 6 weeks to get the gear from it. If you plan to raid in the next 6 weeks, you'll outgear it. The rest are mounts and vanity items.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoslux View Post
    The reward for reputation is vanity. For a single given faction, it would take 6 weeks to get the gear from it.
    The Klaxxi and all the characters in epic pants would like to have a word with you.

EDIT: I'd like to note that beyond the Klaxxi and the Golden Lotus, I actually do agree with you for the most part.
    Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2012-10-18 at 05:54 AM.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a terrible grind, one of the only negatives on MoP, every day im grinding dailies, if they were any good id be happy but there is little to no variety.

well in the end, it comes down to if you really want the faction gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    You didn't do heroics for rep. You did normals for the rep up till revered to get the keys to get into the heroics. Did any of you actually play tbc? The keys were eventually nerfed to honored ostensibly because it was far to much of a grind. Never did I do dallies for any of that...
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-11-01 at 10:33 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

and heroics weren't faceroll 15 minute ventures like they are now + no dungeon finder.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    You didn't do heroics for rep. You did normals for the rep up till revered to get the keys to get into the heroics. Did any of you actually play tbc? The keys were eventually nerfed to honored ostensibly because it was far to much of a grind. Never did I do dallies for any of that...

not all normals would give rep till revered. like slave pens would stop at honored. after that it was only the steam vaults and the loads of quests you could do for them.

i would not mind to see such a system back in place.
    do some effort to get honored/revered and the rest you can gain in hc's. but ofc you can do daily also if you wanna.
    only doing daily quests is just plain fucking boring.
    i only did some tillers cuz i am working on my cooking. rest i am not really bothered with it.

ok 1 faction is very fun to gain rep with.
    the lorewalkers. if you like exploring that is and traveling around pandaland looking for objects. and get some story's told.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frizzlewits View Post
    not all normals would give rep till revered. like slave pens would stop at honored. after that it was only the steam vaults and the loads of quests you could do for them.

i would not mind to see such a system back in place.
    do some effort to get honored/revered and the rest you can gain in hc's. but ofc you can do daily also if you wanna.
    only doing daily quests is just plain fucking boring.
    i only did some tillers cuz i am working on my cooking. rest i am not really bothered with it.

ok 1 faction is very fun to gain rep with.
    the lorewalkers. if you like exploring that is and traveling around pandaland looking for objects. and get some story's told.
    Yea you did steam vaults... on normal. In any event you did normals to get keys. You never touched dailies and weren't limited to the once a day heroic lock out for rep gating.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Seeing as 2 other daily factions are gated behind it, I wouldn't mind if the did the championing system with the Golden Lotus.

There's nothing you need from the factions. I stopped doing the dailies and have noticed exactly zero negative consequences. Most people are VASTLY over-inflating the worth of doing dailies every day. So if you're anti-dailies, I would tell you to not worry about it and just enjoy other aspects of MoP, of which there are many more than any other expansion so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any time someone says factions are optional you should keep in mind they are indeed optional but you will not be getting valor gear this expansion. Certainly now you won't be if you don't do the dailies and in the future you may not get valor gear ever. You'll be able to upgrade items you already aquired with points but that's it. No gear.
    The hammer comes down: