Thread: Arms Dps

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm getting 53k sustained dps on raid dummy without using any CDs and 59k dps over 5 min using all CDs (and reck once). Run your character through simcraft and reforge accordingly. 474 ilvl

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kutas/advanced

Itemization in msv for warriors is terrible. Scaling on lower gear levels is terrible. So the damage is also too low to be competitive with other dps classes, only fights with more than one target give us some advantage. But overall warriors statement in current tier is really sad.

it's not that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitriy View Post
    Itemization in msv for warriors is terrible. Scaling on lower gear levels is terrible. So the damage is also too low to be competitive with other dps classes, only fights with more than one target give us some advantage. But overall warriors statement in current tier is really sad.
    I done LFR and was quite comfortably ahead of everyone.

So I made some additional testing this morning with the new weapon. The average with the polearm I can pull is roughly somewhere 63-65k dps. It is really about procs though, I've had one run where colossus never procced for whole 5mins and it felt like playing weaker fury spec. I used 275str food buff and battleshout. Because of PVP gear my Ilvl has jumped up though, now 479 it seems!

I didn't really time how long each run where but should be around 6-10mins, with 2 recklessness used (the average bossfight length, without execute phase?)

Last run I was able to do 64k+. Keep in mind that deep wounds drops the dps some amount, because skada won't drop the tracking until you get out of combat. With that perfectly itemised sword i'm sure I could do a bit more!

Quote Originally Posted by OscaR View Post
    it's not that bad.
    I've ranked world top 200 in four fights in MV. I was in last place on each fight until execute phase then shot up to 1st place. We're one button wonders and all of our DPS is at the last 20%, and I shoot up to #1. If you find that it's not that bad that we're all about one button then I just don't know what to say.

@Kankipappa

would you mind making a video? I know it sounds dumb, but I need to see if it's just gear or if I'm doing something terribly wrong. Especially in terms of CD usage, enrage upkeep and so on.

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcries View Post
    I've ranked world top 200 in four fights in MV. I was in last place on each fight until execute phase then shot up to 1st place. We're one button wonders and all of our DPS is at the last 20%, and I shoot up to #1. If you find that it's not that bad that we're all about one button then I just don't know what to say.
    when did I say anything about execute phase or one button wonder?

warrior dps seems fine to me, arms might not scale as well as fury but atm it seems to be performing better than fury for me, or at least more consistant, I pulled 93k on feng heroic and 96k on garaj heroic as arms, which is pretty much on par with other similar or better gear fury warriors. Execute doesn't carry arms as much which i prefer, as 1h fury bad rng on execute costs so much dmg plus the reliance and rng on crit for fury is jsut miserable at times.
    Messed with SB, avatar and BB and it feels like BB is best and more consistant damage, one fights like elegon thou avatar probly yield higher dps due to retarded execute dmg boost phase but overall id say bloodbath is best.

Been trying SMF Today with BB/DR getting much closer to 55k-58k on Dummies. Also had a go with arms with the same spec, Around 52-55k with that. Thanks for all the advice everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Opeth69 View Post
    * I pulled 93k on feng heroic and 96k on garaj heroic as arms*
    Wow, I pulled world top 200 on both of those fights http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...mauz/rankinfo/ with 60K on both of those fights, you must be in all 502 Herioc gear, and #1 Arms DPS at the moment pulling in those numbers......

Any Arms Warriors pulling over 90K in both of those fights I would LOVE to see your logs
    Last edited by Deathcries; 2012-10-22 at 01:45 PM.

Deleted
    Wow, I pulled world top 200 on both of those fights http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...mauz/rankinfo/ with 60K on both of those fights, you must be in all 502 Herioc gear, and #1 Arms DPS at the moment pulling in those numbers......

Any Arms Warriors pulling over 90K in both of those fights I would LOVE to see your logs
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3674&e=4199

Currently still having fun wiping on Garajal atm though.

Good god, I'm going to try BB now.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsangel View Post
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3674&e=4199

Currently still having fun wiping on Garajal atm though.
    Pretty impressive, but 25. Not sure how that actually matters that much in dps, but it seems like it does. Regardless /hatsoff - Now secondly, i obviously went and poked about your char. Any reason for the reforge on the legs? Its killing me not knowing.

10+ Year Old Account
    How much difference does that polearm make, and do you think if I got it it'd be worth going from SMF w/476 ilvl total to Arms? Currently dual wielding the Klaxxi rep swords.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gum View Post
    Pretty impressive, but 25. Not sure how that actually matters that much in dps, but it seems like it does. Regardless /hatsoff - Now secondly, i obviously went and poked about your char. Any reason for the reforge on the legs? Its killing me not knowing.
    I honestly haven't paid much attention to reforging, I just needed to lose hit rating and since crit is the best stat I reforged into that. Also I think Feng Hc on 25 has more adds in the shadow phase so that would add slightly more dps.
    Last edited by mmoc5894464a84; 2012-10-22 at 11:27 PM.

Only had 478 i level at the time with 489 2h from elegon for those fights, at 480 now just pulled 176kdps on elegon, still no heroic 2h thou
    Last edited by Opeth69; 2012-10-23 at 05:00 AM.

Deleted
    Just wanted to say I have had the best results using bloodbath tu out I just realised you've gone fury on armory.. Don't know wether that's working out for you, please tell of your expiriences about that..

ok ... I guess, I suck very much then ...

- My gearscore is 464 with some badly itemzed stuff in there. I'm nearly hit/exp capped and got the 2h heroic ShadoPan Mace (for dwarf racial that is).

Without cooldowns I manage something between 40k und 43k DPS on the boss dummy depending on TFB, enrage and CS luck. How I should pull anything above 50-60k in a fight is truly beyond me . I'll go try to capture a video of my playstyle and attach a log if I can.

*goes off crying*

Deleted
    If you need any help further, just PM me and I'll hand you my skype etc. etc..