I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account

Which bundle(?) and Champs?

Since PvP requires you to own at least 16 champs I was wondering if I should just get a bundle or individually pick champs? If a bundle is the way to go, which bundle to get (listed here)?

I already 'bought' Kayle and Master Yi. They were cheap IP and I have fun with them. Also, ones I'm looking at that aren't in any of the bundles:

Yorick....haven't played him. I like his looks and his moves quite a bit.

Volibear...one of this weeks freebies. Having a lot of fun with him and he is a real bruiser after level 8 or so.

Orianna...I've watched a lot of matches with her in it and she seems like a lot of fun to play.

I was planning to spend about $35 for the 5,450 RP's.

10+ Year Old Account
    I spent £35 on Digital Collector's pack and Champions bundle yesterday, fairly happy with the purchase. I got tons of champs from it & I'm sure I'll spend quite alot of time getting them to know.

Digital Collector's is probably the best pack you can purchase, even if you already have a few champs listed from it.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why you'd want to buy a Champions Bundle for Ranked Games. That's throwing money away just to lose horribly over and over again.

At least learn to play the game well enough that you can afford them through regular play. Additionally, you only need 14 as Alistar and Tristana are free.

10+ Year Old Account
    PvP doesn't require 16.
    Ranked and Draft requires 16.

You can't play Ranked until lv 30, so by then you should easily have enough IP to buy enough 450 champs, I know I did easily.

Get the Digital Collectors or Collectors.
    I bought the CE in stores when it was selling on release.
    Best thing I could have done.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    @Kuthe, well spotted actually.

I overlooked the PvP vs Ranked thing. This seems the likely cause of confusion.

To be honest, unless you are planning on playing LoL a lot, and a lot of different champions, I'd rather just pick one or two that I liked, and spent IP getting the rest cheap.

For me who likes to play a lot of different champions over time, it was a good deal. Just take it into consideration before you blow your RP on it.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, I see what I was doing wrong. I was clicking on 'draft pick' which requires the 16 champs. Blind pick doesn't.

I don't really feel the need for a lot of different champs, but I would like one for each position on the field just to make myself a better player.
    Last edited by Rooflesstoofless; 2012-10-18 at 03:17 PM.