Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Damn, let's make an addon that makes all decisions in the fight for us so we can just tunnelvision damage on boss. Want an addon to press your buttons too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonfaxx View Post
    Give me that shovel so you stop digging yourself deeper.
    Whatever. What I suggested follows every one of the criteria you posed. The totem grabs the 3 closest people to it within the range. Only thing you have to figure out is which healer is going down on that totem.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2012-10-20 at 05:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Damn, let's make an addon that makes all decisions in the fight for us so we can just tunnelvision damage on boss. Want an addon to press your buttons too?
    Our voice chat was so damned cluttered with people saying if they can't go or what that we're going to try the bigwigs mod. (this is heroic 25 m)

10 man you will not need it but 25 man is just a clusterf---.

How much of the bigwigs mod do you need to make this work?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halym View Post
    So put in the work and earn the kill.
    Im very sorry, it just feels like the best way is communicating. This man is right!

It's called a brain. Really good all-round mod.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonfaxx View Post
    A relatively simple and yet effective addon would be capable of the following.

<snip>
    Done. Drycoded again.

Targets are announced in /rw. If they install the addon, they also get a popup.
    Selected healer is marked with star (default). Change as needed.
    No GUI because I'm lazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Done. Drycoded again.

Targets are announced in /rw. If they install the addon, they also get a popup.
    Selected healer is marked with star (default). Change as needed.
    No GUI because I'm lazy.
    so we just edit the LUA and replace the names of player1, player2 with our raiders etc? also on yours by default it has 4 dps & 4 heals listed, can i add an extra dps & remove a healer? will that break it?

*edit* didnt seem to work on LFR
    Last edited by Sierra85; 2012-10-23 at 02:52 PM.
    Hi

Deleted
    You should be able to add/remove as many people as you'd like, yes. It won't work in LFR unless you are the group leader - to disable that check, change GJTotem.lua line 65 from
    Code:
    if (event == "SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS") and (id == 116174) and UnitIsGroupLeader("player") then
    to
    Code:
    if (event == "SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS") and (id == 116174) then

If it doesn't seem to work, change line 56 of GJTotem.lua from
    Code:
    local notify = function(name) SendAddonMessage("GJTotem","alert","WHISPER",name) end
    to
    Code:
    local notify = function(name) SendAddonMessage("GJTotem","alert","WHISPER",name) print("Notification sent:",name) end
    That should tell you if it's listing people properly.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-10-23 at 04:44 PM.

You're awesome. I'll give it a whirl tonight in both LFR and heroic 25 and let you know how it goes. Thanks a bunch!

10+ Year Old Account
    Tells people to go down when they are voodoo dolled. She no works.
    Hi

Deleted
    Weird. I do check for the debuff being on targets before adding them to the list.
    Actually...this does remind me of something. Give me a second.

---------- Post added 2012-10-24 at 06:12 PM ----------

Ehh. UnitAura now defaults to a "HELPFUL" filter and doesn't show debuffs anymore if you don't tell it to. And I keep forgetting it.

Should be fixed. Sorry about that.

I wasn't able to get the mod to work last night. The graphic display would always hide itself upon entering combat, and the print notification check wouldn't kick out names either. I'll try again tonight with this latest revision. Also, would it be possible to add in a check for the "Frail Soul" debuff? There needs to be some flexibility there, so you could exclude candidates from going down if they have, say, more than 5 seconds left on that debuff, but include them if they have <=5 seconds.

Deleted
    I'll add that tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Tells people to go down when they are voodoo dolled. She no works.
    I'm having the same trouble tonight (8:51 EST 10/24/12).

I was also curious what the reason was behind having disc healers as last priority.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Should be fixed. Sorry about that.
    i'l test the latest version tonight as well. Yeah what Moonfaxx said as well about the print notification wasnt working either, like it wasnt spitting out names to raid chat of who should be crossing over. No raid warnings either.
    Hi

Deleted
    It didn't react at all? You were the raid leader?

---------- Post added 2012-10-25 at 10:59 AM ----------

Added a few more spellIDs that are also called "Summon Spirit Totem", but weren't linked on Gara'jal's wowhead page. See if that fixes it.

10+ Year Old Account
    still told people who were dolled to go down.
    Hi

It worked for me tonight, though not perfectly. I had to add the debuff "Crossed Over" as part of the candidate check, otherwise it would call individuals that were currently in the spirit realm. I made minor alterations overall, and it seems like it has promise. There were some other issues and suggestions, but it's late, and I'm headed to bed. I'll post more later.