Farming tillers gifts?

Hi,

I wanted to see if anyone knew if The "Dark Soil" that can contain a tillers gift are static spawns, and appear on any gatherer type mods.

If so, are there any data files out there for gatherer with some spawn points?

I use Gathermate2 and it marks them on the minimap. There's probably a datafile out for it already, but I tend to avoid those. Used it once but the Deepholm map would be covered with herb nodes when on a herbalist. Do a search on Curse to see if they have an updated data file. If they don't, just look around at the large farm area west of Halfhill and at level 90 daily zones (Temple of the White Tiger is a good choice, all the soils are very easy to spot).

10+ Year Old Account
    Fly around the heartland a couple times. You will learn all the spawns there and know where to look for them.

Also, turn down the graphics settings. Specifically Ground Clutter. Just set it to low and you'll see some of them a lot easier.

If you can't find any for a bit, try flying quite far up and looking down as that seems to make them a little easier to spot. As long as it's not the one under the steps of the barn (where you stomp the marmots).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    Fly around the heartland a couple times. You will learn all the spawns there and know where to look for them.
    There are also significant numbers of spawns around the temple of the white tiger.

There's a list of waypoint coordinates here on wowhead.

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I never really noticed Dark Soil anywhere else. It was like the second day that I spent like 3 hours just flying around the farms and gathering. Getting a datafile won't be -that- much of a help since there are a TON of nodes in a concentrated area. With competition now, I don't know how bad it is to find patches. When no one else was farming I would get like 20 in a circuit, and then go turn them all in, and was back out just around the time they were respawning.

Well i didnt even know they spawned, i thought the first one i found was just a quest event. Then i found a clickable patch over while doing the cloud serpent dailies. I wouldnt bother speeding up the process with faction but i keep getting the same people all the time, have like 3 good buddies and lots of strangers. Wanted to even it out a bit.

Deleted
    farmed them at start expansion in jade temple, in less then an hour i had over a 100 gifts.
    though its a heavily farmed spot now (glad i farmed it before most others figured it out )

First thing I did at 90 was farm these to get them out of the way before any rush. I just circled around Heartlands with my camera pointed at the ground, can be difficult to spot at first but after a few you'll notice them a mile off.

There's a program that can turn on tracking of clickables in WoW, but I'm not sure if it's against TOS so I won't mention the name here. All it does is set the tracking on the minimap to display it.

Anyways, if you run it you'll see Dark Soil pretty much all over the place. Also works for Onyx Eggs and those annoying daily ground spawns you have to compete with half the server for.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Also, turn down the graphics settings. Specifically Ground Clutter. Just set it to low and you'll see some of them a lot easier.

If you can't find any for a bit, try flying quite far up and looking down as that seems to make them a little easier to spot. As long as it's not the one under the steps of the barn (where you stomp the marmots).
    This, turn down ground clutter, it really does help, found a lot due to this, excellent advice.