Patch 5.1 PTR Notes Update - October 18
Only changed and new notes are below, see the full notes on the Blue Tracker.
- All mineral nodes will now despawn one minute after they are mined, even if items remain in them.
Druid (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
- The cast time of Symbiosis has been reduced to 2 seconds.
- Survival Instincts is once again granted to Brewmaster Monks and now costs 2 Chi to use.
- Might of Ursoc is once again granted to Blood Death Knights, and now costs 30 Runic Power.
- Savage Defense is once again granted to Protection Warriors, but now only provides a 30% increase to dodge.
- Barkskin is once again granted to Protection Paladins, and now costs 1 Holy Power.
- The cooldown of Stampeding Shout provided by Symbiosis has been reduced to 5 minutes.
- The duration of Solar Beam provided by Symbiosis now displays correctly as 4 seconds.
- The Glyph of Solar Beam has been changed, and now increases the radius of Solar Beam to 10 yards (was 5 yards).
- The duration of Solar Beam has been reduced to 8 seconds.
Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
- Aspect of the Fox has been removed.
- Steady Shot, Cobra Shot, and Barrage can now always be cast on the move.
- Lynx Rush has been changed. Lynx Rush is now a bleed effect that causes damage every 3 seconds over a period of 15 seconds, and stacks up to 9 times.
- Bestial Wrath no longer grants Hunter pets immunity to crowd control effects, and instead now breaks existing crowd control effects when activated.
Mage (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
- A new Minor Glyph has been added: Discreet Magic. This glyph prevents Nether Tempest, Living Bomb, Frost Bomb, Arcane Barrage, and Inferno Blast from affecting targets more than 5 yards away from the primary target.
- Water Elemental
- New Pet Ability: Water Jet. Water Jet channels a jet of frigid water at the target, dealing Frost damage over 4 seconds. Frostbolts cast by the pet's owner that hit the target while it is being blasted with icy water will grant a charge of Fingers of Frost. This ability has a 24 sec cooldown (shared with Freeze) and a 1 second cast time.
- Mage Armor now reduces the duration of harmful Magic effects by 25% (was 35%).
- The damage absorbed by Ice Barrier has been reduced by 25%.
- Pyroblast now has a 3 second cooldown.
- Ring of Frost and Deep Freeze now have a 45 second cooldown (was 30 seconds).
- Combustion's periodic damage is now based only on the current Ignite, instead of both Ignite and Pyroblast. Damage has been increased to bring it up to approximately the same level as before.
- Blazing Speed may now be triggered after recieving damage in any amount.
- The mana cost of Spellsteal has been increased to 21% of base mana (was 7%).
- Fixed an issue with Glyph of Icy Veins that could prevent all three bolts from firing.
- Fixed an issue with Glyph of Icy Veins that could prevent the affected abilities from doing the correct damage.
Monk (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
- The Power Strikes talent now grants the Power Strikes effect every 22 seconds, which causes the Monk's next attack to generate 1 additional Chi.
- The Healing Elixirs talent now grants the Healing Elixirs effect every 18 seconds, which causes the next Brew or Tea consumed to heal the Monk for 10% of maximum health.
Paladin (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
- Hand of Salvation has been changed. This ability now removes all of a target's threat for 10 seconds.
Priest (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
- Chakra: Serenity now increases single target healing by 25% (was 15%).
- Chakra: Sanctuary now increases area healing by 25% (was 15%).
- The Psyfiend's health has been reduced to 10% of the controlling Priest's health(was 30%).
Rogue (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
- The cooldown of Sprint has been reduced to 45 seconds (was 1 minute).
- The cooldown of Blind has been reduced to 1 minute (was 3 minutes).
- The energy cost of the Burst of Speed talent has been reduced to 50 energy (was 60 energy).
- Wound Poison now deals 33% more damage.
Warlock (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
- The Felguard and Wrathguard pet ability Threatening Presence will no longer be auto-cast by default.
- Rain of Fire
- Aftermath will now grant Rain of Fire's damage over time effect a chance to generate Burning Embers.
- Rain of Fire no longer requires Immolate to be present to generate Burning Embers.
- Rain of Fire's damage over time will now hit every 1 second (was 2 seconds). The damage animation for the damage over time effect will no longer always display.
- Conflagrate now generates Burning Embers.
- Demonic Gateway's duration has been increased to 20 minutes, and it will no longer despawn if the Warlock moves too far away.
- A new item has been introduced that can be used to upgrade the quality of Battle Pets: Battle-stones.
- Players will have a very small chance to obtain a general purpose and family specific Flawless Battle-stone after winning a match against wild pets; defeating higher level opponents increases the chances of obtaining a stone. Family specific Flawless-Battlestones will be of the same family as the pets that were defeated. These valuable items are not soulbound, and can be sold on the Auction House.
Raids, Dungeons and Scenarios
- Cooldown timers greater than 5 minutes will now reset between attempts on Challenge Mode dungeons.