Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Patch 5.1 PTR Notes Update - October 18

Patch 5.1 PTR Notes Update - October 18
    Only changed and new notes are below, see the full notes on the Blue Tracker.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    General
    • All mineral nodes will now despawn one minute after they are mined, even if items remain in them.

Classes
    Druid (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    • Symbiosis:
      • The cast time of Symbiosis has been reduced to 2 seconds.
      • Survival Instincts is once again granted to Brewmaster Monks and now costs 2 Chi to use.
      • Might of Ursoc is once again granted to Blood Death Knights, and now costs 30 Runic Power.
      • Savage Defense is once again granted to Protection Warriors, but now only provides a 30% increase to dodge.
      • Barkskin is once again granted to Protection Paladins, and now costs 1 Holy Power.
      • The cooldown of Stampeding Shout provided by Symbiosis has been reduced to 5 minutes.
      • The duration of Solar Beam provided by Symbiosis now displays correctly as 4 seconds.

• The Glyph of Solar Beam has been changed, and now increases the radius of Solar Beam to 10 yards (was 5 yards).
    • The duration of Solar Beam has been reduced to 8 seconds.

Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    • Aspect of the Fox has been removed.
    • Steady Shot, Cobra Shot, and Barrage can now always be cast on the move.
    • Lynx Rush has been changed. Lynx Rush is now a bleed effect that causes damage every 3 seconds over a period of 15 seconds, and stacks up to 9 times.
    • Bestial Wrath no longer grants Hunter pets immunity to crowd control effects, and instead now breaks existing crowd control effects when activated.

Mage (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    • A new Minor Glyph has been added: Discreet Magic. This glyph prevents Nether Tempest, Living Bomb, Frost Bomb, Arcane Barrage, and Inferno Blast from affecting targets more than 5 yards away from the primary target.
    • Water Elemental
      • New Pet Ability: Water Jet. Water Jet channels a jet of frigid water at the target, dealing Frost damage over 4 seconds. Frostbolts cast by the pet's owner that hit the target while it is being blasted with icy water will grant a charge of Fingers of Frost. This ability has a 24 sec cooldown (shared with Freeze) and a 1 second cast time.
    • Mage Armor now reduces the duration of harmful Magic effects by 25% (was 35%).
    • The damage absorbed by Ice Barrier has been reduced by 25%.
    • Pyroblast now has a 3 second cooldown.
    • Ring of Frost and Deep Freeze now have a 45 second cooldown (was 30 seconds).
    • Combustion's periodic damage is now based only on the current Ignite, instead of both Ignite and Pyroblast. Damage has been increased to bring it up to approximately the same level as before.
    • Blazing Speed may now be triggered after recieving damage in any amount.
    • The mana cost of Spellsteal has been increased to 21% of base mana (was 7%).
    • Fixed an issue with Glyph of Icy Veins that could prevent all three bolts from firing.
    • Fixed an issue with Glyph of Icy Veins that could prevent the affected abilities from doing the correct damage.

Monk (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    • The Power Strikes talent now grants the Power Strikes effect every 22 seconds, which causes the Monk's next attack to generate 1 additional Chi.
    • The Healing Elixirs talent now grants the Healing Elixirs effect every 18 seconds, which causes the next Brew or Tea consumed to heal the Monk for 10% of maximum health.

Paladin (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    • Hand of Salvation has been changed. This ability now removes all of a target's threat for 10 seconds.

Priest (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    • Chakra: Serenity now increases single target healing by 25% (was 15%).
    • Chakra: Sanctuary now increases area healing by 25% (was 15%).
    • The Psyfiend's health has been reduced to 10% of the controlling Priest's health(was 30%).

Rogue (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    • The cooldown of Sprint has been reduced to 45 seconds (was 1 minute).
    • The cooldown of Blind has been reduced to 1 minute (was 3 minutes).
    • The energy cost of the Burst of Speed talent has been reduced to 50 energy (was 60 energy).
    • Wound Poison now deals 33% more damage.

Warlock (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)

Pet Battles
    • A new item has been introduced that can be used to upgrade the quality of Battle Pets: Battle-stones.
      • Players will have a very small chance to obtain a general purpose and family specific Flawless Battle-stone after winning a match against wild pets; defeating higher level opponents increases the chances of obtaining a stone. Family specific Flawless-Battlestones will be of the same family as the pets that were defeated. These valuable items are not soulbound, and can be sold on the Auction House.

Raids, Dungeons and Scenarios
    • Cooldown timers greater than 5 minutes will now reset between attempts on Challenge Mode dungeons.
    Last edited by chaud; 2012-10-18 at 05:35 PM.

Deleted
    I wonder where the nerfs for warrior are. The nerf for hunter is also quite amusing... doing insane dmg, so the solution is this? Gimme a fucking break.

The Symbiosis cast time is still the best change of the entire patch.

Cd on pyro....

10+ Year Old Account
    Steady Shot, Cobra Shot, and Barrage can now always be cast on the move.
    Not sure if i love or hate this.

As a hunter, this and moving-shots are the best thing since the game's launch.
    As a non-hunter, fuck...

10+ Year Old Account
    Behold! Some mage nerfs! i just regained my hope on pvp!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, buffing up rogues is a good place to start, even if this isn't nearly enough! Buff us up with 100% more weapon damage and we're cool AND HELLO NERFS to the other classes OH YEAH!!!

As much as it feels like a buff the casting on cobra and steady while moving, i can already foresee the need of escape for canceling the shot mid cast quite often. Its gonna get very annoying.

Deleted
    cd on pyro not amused.

Loving the Warlock changes. Not to mention Mage nerfs, they always make me smile.

Are the PTR's even up yet? They have been down for 24 hours now.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Bestial Wrath no longer grants Hunter pets immunity to crowd control effects...

Quote Originally Posted by herrau View Post
    I wonder where the nerfs for warrior are. The nerf for hunter is also quite amusing... doing insane dmg, so the solution is this? Gimme a fucking break.
    Considering that lynx rush was doing 15-20k PER HIT (so 20k x 9 = 180k dmg) for my BM specced half heroic dung geared hunter that nerf is quite significant since the stats are 1,000 bleed damage over 15 seconds stacking 9 times. thats 9k damage over 15 seconds. Pathetic.

Disc buffs where?

10+ Year Old Account
    Farewell, Aspect of the Fox! I doubt you'll be missed too terribly.

Remember when GC wanted Aspect of the Fox to be a choice? :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Why the CD on pyro?? Well... There goes my chain pyros...

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antherios View Post
    Behold! Some mage nerfs! i just regained my hope on pvp!
    If you think mages are the greatest threat in PvP at the moment you need to leave the 1500 bracket OR you are a warrior, in which case I really hope you're next.

Stood in the Fire themightysven's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    top to bottom, these are hilarious

Deleted
    Bestial Wrath no longer grants Hunter pets immunity to crowd control effects...
    that makes me both a sad and happy hunter, no i can go back to MM without feeling like im holding my team back.
    but its still a silly change, gl killing a mage or druid now.