Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    God damn why the IB nerf

Balancing where? ARe u talking about PvE or PvP, if ur talking about PvE mages is not ahead of any other classes so dont see the reason, if ur talking PvP they should start looking at a Warrior/BM hunter. A warrior can ffs 3 shot a mage.

Finally they do something to mages.
    Thats hilarious to see their butts on fire even after a minor nerf. Too used to be OP.

Deleted
    Wow, this is so stupid I don't even know where to start. A 3 second cooldown on pyroblast simply kills the entire gameplay of the firemage. They are so clueless. If they feel mages need a nerf, which is probably due to enough pvp kiddies whining on the forum, they should tweak some numbers, but leave the mechanics alone. And about blues and people saying this is a PTR patch and can be taken back again, when was the last time once a nerf went in, it was taken back?

Notice how there was literally no QQ threads from mages for the past...I don't even know how long. This is usually indicative of being OP as any class that's "balanced" will QQ to high heaven about being behind the obviously and retardedly op classes. Now that mages (and the few other OP classes) are being brought in line the mage bitching goes crazy and we'll see none of these nerfs go live. While all the other classes that are now COMPETITIVE with mages will get nerfed into oblivion. And the cycle repeats.

3 second cd on pyro is just to make sure you're not burning through enemy defensive cds in under 5 seconds. It also tones down your slightly over the top pve damage while haste scaling will bring you back to where you were pre-patch in absolutely no time. You are now in line with everyone else. Congratulations.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2012-10-19 at 08:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    I' glad i'm not the only one who went...err..... what!

I'm not currently too happy with my dps as a fire mage as it is (more likely my own doing) but to have to wait 3 seconds on pyroblast if it procs straight away is a bit upsetting.

wow hunters 1 shot u and get somewhat buffed, warriors dont die and 2 shot u nothing happens, but god forbid a mage 5 shots u and they get nerfed seems fair

Deleted
    It's not a matter of QQing guys, but of convenience. Being obstructed and forced NOT TO use a spell gives nothing but frustration. I should know, I played shaman for 4 years till now.
    As you can see, everyone on this thread that said anything about the incoming "nerfs", suggested some dps reduction rather then messing with our rotation ( or call it the spell usage frequency ), no one cried about it.
    Lets just wait and see what's going on within the next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Notice how there was literally no QQ threads from mages for the past...I don't even know how long. This is usually indicative of being OP as any class that's "balanced" will QQ to high heaven about being behind the obviously and retardedly op classes. Now that mages (and the few other OP classes) are being brought in line the mage bitching goes crazy and we'll see none of these nerfs go live. While all the other classes that are now COMPETITIVE with mages will get nerfed into oblivion. And the cycle repeats.

3 second cd on pyro is just to make sure you're not burning through enemy defensive cds in under 5 seconds. It also tones down your slightly over the top pve damage while haste scaling will bring you back to where you were pre-patch in absolutely no time. You are now in line with everyone else. Congratulations.
    No ones gives a shit about what this change does to damage numbers. The problem that everyone has with the (assumed) change is that it ruins the fluidity if the playstyle, and is completely contradictory with the actual Pyroblast mechanic. The basis of the entire spec is chaining crits so that you can chain Pyros, and doing so without overwriting the proc already. It requires some minor proc awareness and is one of many factors separating good makes from bad mages.

If this change is as bad as we're all assuming, then that fluidity is gone. Mages will be met with a flood of "You can't cast that yet" on our main Ignite stacker. We're then left with a lacklustre Combustion, as its damage will be almost completely predictable and boring, as it will only ever really be the result of 1 Fireball and 1 Pyroblast.

As Sephrie said all the way back on page - can't they just nerf our damage?

If this change is what we're assuming it is, and it goes live, Fire is dead. Simple as that. It will be awkward and clunky and completely frustrating to play, AND with the added benefit of probably tanking as a competitive DPS spec. Everyone will have to go Frost, which is already an awkward and clunky and completely frustrating to play spec, so I can't say I'm really looking forward to that.

Deleted
    Are u sure this 3 sec cd is going to affect Pyroblast! (the proc one) and not only the Pyroblast (the cast one) spell ? I am saying this cause in the patch notes it says 3 seconds cd on Pyroblast(the casting one). So i guess that we prolly still have our Pyro! procs off cd... just saying or hoping for 2 much

10+ Year Old Account
    Pyroblast now has a 3 second cooldown. This cooldown is reduced by spell haste.

Source

So how much haste is going to be needed to make it slightly more reasonable?

Quote Originally Posted by Paq View Post
    Pyroblast now has a 3 second cooldown. This cooldown is reduced by spell haste.

Source

So how much haste is going to be needed to make it slightly more reasonable?
    Probably alot more than we could possibly reforge/gem/enchant and stack timewarp + haste potion for.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyQuest View Post
    No ones gives a shit about what this change does to damage numbers. The problem that everyone has with the (assumed) change is that it ruins the fluidity if the playstyle, and is completely contradictory with the actual Pyroblast mechanic. The basis of the entire spec is chaining crits so that you can chain Pyros, and doing so without overwriting the proc already. It requires some minor proc awareness and is one of many factors separating good makes from bad mages.

If this change is as bad as we're all assuming, then that fluidity is gone. Mages will be met with a flood of "You can't cast that yet" on our main Ignite stacker. We're then left with a lacklustre Combustion, as its damage will be almost completely predictable and boring, as it will only ever really be the result of 1 Fireball and 1 Pyroblast.

If this change is what we're assuming it is, and it goes live, Fire is dead. Simple as that. It will be awkward and clunky and completely frustrating to play, AND with the added benefit of probably tanking as a competitive DPS spec. Everyone will have to go Frost, which is already an awkward and clunky and completely frustrating to play spec, so I can't say I'm really looking forward to that.
    This! Thank you for saying it exactly as I wanted to but couldn't due to language barrier

You... will not... get... away... with this... BLIIIIZZZZAAARRDDDD!!!!
    Seriously though, this change is fucking shit (sorry for language). If they are changing to make pyroblast a 3s cd, i guarantee it will be a huge decrease in mage dps/population. Blizzard, Blizzard, BLIZZARD, PLEASE, change this. Do not put it on a CD. the best way to balance fire mages is to nerf the dmg of combustion by maybe 25%? It sounds drastic but they are a bit overpowered in PVE. Or, nerf Nether Tempest by 25% ish. No one really cares about nether tempest damage in terms of "Wow my nether tempest crit for 20K!" But its a huge part of our dps (Its in the top 4 spells, sometimes higher on multi dot fights). This way you atleast balance the damage of fire mages without reducing the population of them by too much.

Deleted
    I dont understand the changes really...

Ice Barrier:
    Its decent in PvP but its also our only survivability tool besides Ice Block. In Cata we also had Mage Ward and Mana Shield, now we only have Barrier and its destroyed after one hit anyways.
    In PvE it is quite underwhelming because it has a GCD while Temporal Shield doesnt. And because there are so many DMG-Abilities you can spam while running nowadays its not even a option to use the GCD while running anymore. By reducing the amount it absorbs the Barrier gets totally useless. They either have to remove the GCD or give it another nice effect for PvE (for example Absorbing only one attack for up to 200k via glyph... this would make it the talent of choice for every fight with big dmg spikes on the raid).

Pyroblast:
    This is stupid... combustion is the cooldown that is the most difficult to use properly and with this change it will be even worse. Other classes just have to push a button to do 30% more DMG for 20 Seconds, we have to wait for stars to allign to make good use out if combustion. I would like to see Combustion going another way again... blizzard should make it a 1 min CD with a lot less DPS (max. 15k noncrit ticks) and spreadable to all targets again. Basically the pendant to Frozen Orb which is the only way to do proper AoE as a mage atm. And to compensate the Singletarget DPS loss they could add something like the Old Combustion: "Increases your Critical Strike Chance by 10% every 2 Seconds for 20 Seconds or until you have scored 3 Critical Strikes". Would also be great for moments of bad rng.

Btw... Change Invocation... such a stupid talent... it would be ok to nerf it to 15-20% Bonus-DMG, but the duration needs to be increased by at least 30 seconds... not very entertaining when you have to channel evocation for 15% of the time of a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyQuest View Post

And how exactly does it ruin the fluidity? From what I understand, you're only EVER casting pyroblast more than once in a row with either EXTREME luck with crits, or everyone's favourite Alter Time + PoM power hour. People are blowing this WAY out of proportion, how long exactly do you think a 3 second cooldown is? Go cast an instant pyroblast, followed by fireball. Your pyroblast will be back up before your fireball is down, as if it didn't even have a cooldown.

Basically, the only time the 3 second cooldown is ever going to hinder rotation, or even change it, is when you're heating up, and throw a pyroblast and crit with it. And even then, all you need to do is throw ONE fireball in between that, that's it.

This is all also assuming everything I said before is wrong, basically the worst case scenario, as we don't even know yet. But even in the very VERY worst case, there is, at best, a slight change in playstyle, that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skadovsk View Post
    First 90 talents, now this.
    Why am I playing mage again?
    qft.
    90 talents suck hard and the pyro CD does nothing else than reducing mage dps by roughly 10% overall, and mage burst (combust) dps by about 60%, thus making fire weak for raiding and pvp.
    If they want people to play more frost/arcane, they should make them more atractive, not just nerfing the only specc which is on par with other classes

Deleted
    Im a mage, and I like the Fire nerf. This should give a chance to Frost in raiding. Im sick of people insisting on playing Fire for the maximun performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavrosjt View Post
    Are u sure this 3 sec cd is going to affect Pyroblast! (the proc one) and not only the Pyroblast (the cast one) spell ? I am saying this cause in the patch notes it says 3 seconds cd on Pyroblast(the casting one). So i guess that we prolly still have our Pyro! procs off cd... just saying or hoping for 2 much
    Im curious to that too.

perfect changes, almost no impact on PVE.

And no i dont think we will feel the pyroblast change in PVE. Well sure we "feel" it but it wont change your damage since it would onlymatter if you could produce another two pyro proccs in that three seconds.