Viablity of "purposes" in non-progression raiding?

I'm not really into researching specs. I'm not much into min/maxxing. The preset builds I used when leveling my rouge were pretty effective.

I have less than a month of playing Rift before the expansion comes out. My goal is to do some Tier 2 raiding via PUGS, GDKP runs, and guild alt runs on the rogue I dinged 50 on last night.

Since it's not progression, can I really go wrong with the "purpose" specs suggested by Trion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LonestarHero View Post
    I'm not really into researching specs. I'm not much into min/maxxing. The preset builds I used when leveling my rouge were pretty effective.

I have less than a month of playing Rift before the expansion comes out. My goal is to do some Tier 2 raiding via PUGS, GDKP runs, and guild alt runs on the rogue I dinged 50 on last night.

Since it's not progression, can I really go wrong with the "purpose" specs suggested by Trion?
    If you're not doing bleeding edge content raiding and pulling your own weight I'd say the pre-sets will suffice they aren't horrible specs as long as you don't spam one ability and use CDs wisely.

Decent specs will surface here and on the main Rift forums shortly.

They're viable. For anything not bleeding edge progression based- you can play almost anything in Rift.

I didn't even know they had purposes at creation.

There are not enough Ms, Es and Hs for the meh that elicits within me.