Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Rogues, happier with your class?

How are people finding their rogues in arenas/RBGs? Imagining a world where hunters/warriors were fixed, would you be content with the state of the class?

To me, mobility still seems a little bit weak - a baseline ShS with a lvl60 talent that reduced its CD would be a nice fix imho and give a decent choice between that and prep. Other than that, yeah I'm enjoying the class a lot. It's definitely worth taking a rogue for RBGs atm and once the obviously broken parts of arenas are fixed we should be in a good position.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

1 minute blind holy shit lol. this is gonna be interesting.
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

Quote Originally Posted by Dcruize View Post
    How are people finding their rogues in arenas/RBGs? Imagining a world where hunters/warriors were fixed, would you be content with the state of the class?

To me, mobility still seems a little bit weak - a baseline ShS with a lvl60 talent that reduced its CD would be a nice fix imho and give a decent choice between that and prep. Other than that, yeah I'm enjoying the class a lot. It's definitely worth taking a rogue for RBGs atm and once the obviously broken parts of arenas are fixed we should be in a good position.
    Imagine playing out last season if Rogues were fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by BloodchargedWoW View Post
    Imagine playing out last season if Rogues were fixed?
    Butthurt from last season, ouch - must hurt sitting down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicline View Post
    Its not amazing considering they just buffed it to compete with intimidating shout. Overall, I'm happy Blizzard is giving Rogues more utility. Hopefully, Rogue energy regeneration and damage will get better in 5.1 with haste getting higher as well as Sinister Calling scaling. They're actually being really smart about not buffing Rogue damage abilities so far.

Now they just need to nerf Warrior Utility and the game will get better.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Butthurt from last season, ouch - must hurt sitting down.
    No offense, but playing a rogue back in the last season, you'd shit on any warrior.. now it's opposite, lawl.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Now they just need to nerf Warrior Utility and the game will get better.
    in a world where warriors have utility + can compete on spots with rogues.
    gosh very scary world.

blizz seems to be patient and not going crazy all out like they did in cata. well at least so far. god knows what they have in stock in the next update

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cexspa View Post
    in a world where warriors have utility + can compete on spots with rogues.
    gosh very scary world.

blizz seems to be patient and not going crazy all out like they did in cata. well at least so far. god knows what they have in stock in the next update
    Actually, Warrior utility needs to be brought down so they can actually be on par with Rogues. Rogues are supposed to be the utility class that offers control at the expense of losing sustained damage. Warriors are supposed to be tunnel bots with little utility but with high damage and burst. Gag Order and Shockwave need to be fixed as well as heroic leap being put back on a 1 minute cooldown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicline View Post
    They need to put it on the same DR as other incapacitates now that it's 1m.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    now RMP even more overpowered unless frost bomb gets nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    Isn't more dangerous when it shares CD with fears?
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

1 minute blind, expect to spend a good 20-30 seconds in a CC chain, every 1 minute

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post

it always has been...

Deleted
    Well this change would have been pretty ridicoules considering RMP's state back in Tbc, Wotlk and Cataclysm. I have no idea how it will work out now, considering every other class has tons of CC as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Corayo View Post
    it always has been...
    Blind is sharing DR with fear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    Blind is sharing DR with fear.
    And it should stay that way to not become completely obsolete.

OT:

Very happy with theise changes. Now adress Vanish's cooldown and shiv dodgeability and i am a véry happy Rogue.

Also, pls fix warrior/hunter kkthx.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Actually, Warrior utility needs to be brought down so they can actually be on par with Rogues. Rogues are supposed to be the utility class that offers control at the expense of losing sustained damage. Warriors are supposed to be tunnel bots with little utility but with high damage and burst. Gag Order and Shockwave need to be fixed as well as heroic leap being put back on a 1 minute cooldown.
    the days of warriors doing tons of damage with lower utility where long gone since wrath and that old style doesn't seem to be coming back anytime soon.
    warriors sustained damage outside of cds is garbage (hence why some warriors are starting to go for bloodbath lately just to try and see if they can provide better sustained) but the utility they have covers up for it.
    Every time you post about warriors you seem to have ur eye's shut - mouth open.

If warrior utility goes down then there wont be a reason to take a warrior over a rogue yet again.

But hey we are used to warriors being non existent and complete garbage. now that they can actually fight back we all freak out.

10+ Year Old Account
    warriors sustained damage outside of cds is garbage (hence why some warriors are starting to go for bloodbath lately just to try and see if they can provide better sustained) but the utility they have covers up for it.
    Excuse me?

My TR warrior does almost do the same damage without any cooldown up as my rogue does while dancing.

A few changes I would like for warriors since it was brought up above me..
    I feel that activating avatar should put Second Wind on a 60+ cd... This coming from a warrior.... the fact that i can just jump in into def stance and shield wall and just survive for 30 seconds vs 4 or 5 people is a bit much, especially considering I just pushed their healer's shit in in around 5 seconds and my team is now descending on them like rabid dogs.

also aoe fear cd is a bit short, maybe add 1 min. Remove damage buff from beserker rage for none fury warriors... i have it on my one shot macro (yes i have one... and the nerfs to disarm effects just made it that much better), combined with bg damage buff.... its not fair... Also place a 15-30 second cooldown on flags for none prot warriors... meaning if i pop a skull banner as arms i shouldn't be able to pop a mocking banner at the same time to intervene to.

You gonna hate me for this but... they should remove the shield requirement for spell reflect for arms warriors... and lower the cd on it for prot warriors, and don't even mention the glyph because it shit.

Also... def stances needs more negatives... it makes most other melee classes shit, once you get gear and use charges right rage generation isn't a problem, having a passive 25% damage reduction with no negatives on a plate class is kinda rough. Nerf it for none prots (im not saying anything massive condisering dks seem to push me around pretty hard with it, but it makes rogue and monk damage almost none existant), and make battle stance better... also berserk stance is pretty much shit, its usually better to go one way or the other, give me a reason to get into beserker stance, like increased crit, or a higher chance to enrage.

To answer the actual nature of the OP..

I feel my mobility and damage are low sometimes, also my utility while nice just seems meh now that other classes have been looked at so hard. However... Im confident rogues will scale quite well later, and with some cd reductions like blizzard is looking at and maybe a few more changes LIKE Deadly Throw (that was just plain lazy blizzard) becoming class wide again instead of a talent, I would be happy.
    Last edited by Carni; 2012-10-18 at 11:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    the days of warriors doing tons of damage with lower utility where long gone since wrath and that old style doesn't seem to be coming back anytime soon.
    Every time you post about warriors you seem to have ur eye's shut - mouth open.

If warrior utility goes down then there wont be a reason to take a warrior over a rogue yet again.

But hey we are used to warriors being non existent and complete garbage. now that they can actually fight back we all freak out.
    Warriors have superior defensive utility over Rogues. Rogues don't even have the dodge avoidance advantage anymore. Warriors can keep their defensive utility as they are Warriors. They do need however, to lose their offensive utility such as gag order, shockwave, and the 30 second heroic leap.

If you think Warrior sustained is bad, you've probably haven't played every other melee or an Affliction Warlock. Rogues probably do almost half the sustained Warriors do. I think the only Melee that does better than Warriors in terms of Sustained damage is DK's who are glass cannons and offer even less utility against casters than Warriors do currently. Which really doesn't make sense for a supposed "Anti Magic" class. But at least DK's kept Necrotic Strike, which anyone can argue that its one of the best abilities in the game.

People who complain about Warrior burst do not understand what the problem is. The damage would survivable if you weren't blanket silenced into a charge into a shockwave. The offensive utility is the problem that keeps you from being able to do anything while the Warrior gets a free 10 seconds to smash your face in.

Warriors have also had practically the entire BC expansion, Season 6,7,8,9 where they were either top melee or close contender. This whole "People aren't used to Warriors being good" argument is getting old. The very fact that current Arms Warriors have access to everything a Protection Warrior had in Cataclsym is a joke in itself. Prot used to be about control, mobility and defense while Arms had moderate mobility and high damage with little control.

Season 12 Arms Warriors are basically Season 11 Protection Warriors before the vengeance nerf, using a two hander. How the hell is having access to Piercing howl, Shockwave and gag order balanced to any Warrior when before as Arms you had to choose between Piercing Howl and Gag Order? They even gave Arms Die By The Sword which used to be Fury exclusive and now works as basically a shorter Evasion on a shorter cooldown.

Deleted
    If I ignore power in PVP/PVE, I wouldn't be happy with the class since there are barely any upgrades since Wrath. Blizzard really gets a low grade in effort with rogues in MOP.
    Half of the glyphs untouched, including the terrible ones, very little work done with animations (read my signature), talents are mostly old improved talents/skills, plain old skills or new stuff that should be baseline, too much passive damage, specs too similar, etc.

Rogues are the least played class, even less than monks at US (Talking about level 90s only, second least played in EU) right now and this is one of the causes.

As for the 5.1 changes, a step in the right direction. But we'll see the final ones that go live.

---------- Post added 2012-10-19 at 06:10 AM ----------

If I ignore power in PVP/PVE, I wouldn't be happy with the class since there are barely any upgrades since Wrath. Blizzard really gets a low grade in effort with rogues in MOP.
    Half of the glyphs untouched, including the terrible ones, very little work done with animations (read my signature), talents are mostly old improved talents/skills, plain old skills or new stuff that should be baseline, too much passive damage, specs too similar, etc.

Rogues are the least played class, even less than monks at US (Talking about level 90s only, second least played in EU) right now and this is one of the causes.

As for the 5.1 changes, a step in the right direction. But we'll see the final ones that go live.