Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    During Beta GC said that "movement should be terrible for ranged classes" and specifically that "movement during Cataclysm got out of hand".
    I'm wondering where Blizzard is going with this.

Is this a complete reversal of that design intent, and should we expect similar "same rotation/dps while moving" changes to other ranged classes? Or have they (strangely) decided to make Hunters the only ranged class that doesn't take a hit from movement? If so, will they balance Hunter DPS (compared to other ranged classes) around a constant movement fight such that Hunters do less damage on zero movement fights?

This certainly looks good for Hunters on the face of it, but I think it's a sign of strange things to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Sattori View Post
    During Beta GC said that "movement should be terrible for ranged classes" and specifically that "movement during Cataclysm got out of hand".
    I'm wondering where Blizzard is going with this.

Is this a complete reversal of that design intent, and should we expect similar "same rotation/dps while moving" changes to other ranged classes? Or have they (strangely) decided to make Hunters the only ranged class that doesn't take a hit from movement? If so, will they balance Hunter DPS (compared to other ranged classes) around a constant movement fight such that Hunters do less damage on zero movement fights?

This certainly looks good for Hunters on the face of it, but I think it's a sign of strange things to come.
    cause he has never said one thing then done the exact opposite before...

Quote Originally Posted by Scunosi View Post
    I think I like this more as an idea, and it seems to be closer to the path they ended up choosing for Shaman and their totems. If you're just going to keep one thing on 99% of the time for a static (boring) buff, why not just bake it into the class? I actually forgot about Monkey, but I did like Wild, and always wished (when playing my Hunter instead of my Druid main) that it also gave a swim speed buff. >.>
    As a Shaman, I like the new totem design as well. Buff totems were not only pointless, they discouraged you from dropping utility totems since it would take two separate cooldowns; once to place the totem, and again to replace the buff totem.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    There was nothing 'smart' about ammo. You just bought as much of the best ammo available to you and bought more when you got low and that was it.

They made it so new hunters start with a pet so that they start with one of the defining aspects of the class instead of having to wait until level 10.

They took away our melee weapons because they removed the minimum range and we could hit targets in front of us, making melee weapons redundant, since we only had one damaging melee ability left. And despite no minimum range, I still kite melee in PvP because I don't want them hitting me, so I still feel plenty like a hunter.

Removing Aspect of the Fox and making it so that casting Steady Shot/Cobra Short and Barrage on the move baseline means I have one less keybind to worry about. What I am curious/worried about is what might be happening with our other Aspects.
    Don't forget ammo took up a stupid amount of bag space >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    They're slowly removing aspects and I'm completely fine with that.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsesakama View Post
    As a Shaman, I like the new totem design as well. Buff totems were not only pointless, they discouraged you from dropping utility totems since it would take two separate cooldowns; once to place the totem, and again to replace the buff totem.
    Not to mention the fact that a lot of the time your buff totems would be worthless anyway because someone else in the raid already provided the same buff.

As for the Hunter change: I'm good with it. AotF wasn't something I was particularly fond of anyway.

Well, starting with a pet is dumbing the game down. I don't agree that removing ammo, minimum range, and aspect switching is dumbing it down. Ammo was never as compelling as it should have been. If you had hooked arrows and exploding bullets and silver bullets and blessed crossbow bolts like D&D, then hell yea, that would be dumbing it down. But instead you had a linear progression of ammo with basically nothing off that on either side.

Minimum range is... well, it makes sense to have a minimum range, and a melee weapon you draw at the time. I was really hoping they would go more ranged with this, but instead they went more caster. But it doesn't make it "dumber", because the melee wasn't buying you much of any interest. If there was a different strategy for being in melee, besides getting out of melee ASAP, then I'd buy that.

Forcing a baby hunter to go without a pet for a few levels was quite good, flavorwise, and the quests where you learned taming were cool. Removing those makes the game "dumber", but if you look at it in the broad scope, they changed a LOT.

-Rogues now start with two weapons, which greatly increases their power. A low level rogue was weaker before by a lot.
    -Shaman started absolutely horrible before. For whatever reason, I've leveled several shaman to 12-18 area, and it was always some crazy strategy to pull off pretty simply questing as late as Lich King.

I'm sure other classes had this happen to them too. The starting area and starting quests are less now than they used to be, but that's because the whole game takes place at max level and Blizzard doesn't want everything to feel like they have to part an ocean to get to the good stuffs!

Quote Originally Posted by Baergrillz View Post
    Don't forget ammo took up a stupid amount of bag space >.<
    I always thought ammo (before it was removed) should have been placed in a quiver bag which was put in the relic slot (before they were also removed). It made no sense for arrows to be in bags instead of in a quiver on the back.

I have to say it feels like WoW now wants you to start feeling like a supreme bad ass rather than a new adventurer setting out with much to learn. /shrug

Super glad my hunter started in classic and got to experience things like taming my first pet, pet loyalty (even when it was a pain), feeding the pet (did you know you still can? It heals them for a lot!), and even ammo management.

But like I've said in the past, I'm one of those nuts that things an MMORPG should include a little PITA to have some "living in a world" flavor rather than just a MMOConsoleArcade.

Call me crazy...I already know I am.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2012-10-19 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Pretty cool imo, yeah it makes Hunters easier to play but there will always be other things to separate bad ones from the good.
    everything is dumbing down.......

Deleted
    This is good stuff. Lessens a keybind and fiddling around. Helps you focus more.

Deleted
    AoF was nothing more like just another dance macro keybind for me, wont miss me much atleast in that state.It was normal to be done they revmaped warriors stances and shaman totems we left the only one class who need to dance with these buttons at some points.
    Faroth quiliver is pretty huge bag to be put in the slot of relic .But still some ammo miss me like frozen ones from AV these was with more cool looking ones pojectiles in the game i want blizz to implent a minor glyph who will show their effects

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruffles View Post
    Well instead of using aspect switching macros like people use in PvP (and maybe PvE), you won't need those macros anymore. It's a good change if you ask me.
    The aspect changing macros were glitchy as fuck as the sound and animation played everytime even if you were already in the right aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Tegg View Post
    This is good stuff. Lessens a keybind and fiddling around. Helps you focus more.
    Not sure if pun or not...

Deleted
    This is not a fix to the Hunter, this is more a problem created which is becoming more and more frequent these days - I'm casting Cobra/Steady shot and get a proc on ES or need to finish an enemy quickly with kill shot, or scatter shot or silence or any other instant shot I maybe required to fire... but I've just started a cobra/steady shot and it has a cast time of just under 2 seconds. All this change means for me is I must now adjust & re-write all my macros with /stopcasting.
    Aspect dancing was horrible 'Caw, clunk, Caw, clunk, Caw' but IMO this was the problem not the Fox.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IamHunter View Post
    This is not a fix to the Hunter, this is more a problem created which is becoming more and more frequent these days - I'm casting Cobra/Steady shot and get a proc on ES or need to finish an enemy quickly with kill shot, or scatter shot or silence or any other instant shot I maybe required to fire... but I've just started a cobra/steady shot and it has a cast time of just under 2 seconds. All this change means for me is I must now adjust & re-write all my macros with /stopcasting.
    Aspect dancing was horrible 'Caw, clunk, Caw, clunk, Caw' but IMO this was the problem not the Fox.
    In PvP this might be the case, but in PvE you never want to stop casting your SS/CS, it's instantly a dps loss. With Kill Shot in PvP this is an incredible easy fix, simply macro /stopcasting with Kill Shot, which you should've already had in PvP...

Oh geez. I miss having ammo that I had to get xD It made me feel like an actual hunter. Hunters irl need ammo, so why can't hunter's in a game need ammo? I liked it ><; It made it feel more authentic to me.

OT I will miss AotF :C I liked being a hunter that was good at the aspect dance xD

Deleted
    yea nice buff...what if boss is on 20% ore some kind of orb and you press cast Cobra shot but you need stop cast and do Kill Shot ...what you neeed macro that stop cast and do Kill shot ha ha ....this is shit

The people saying that removal of Fox is "dumbing down" hunters are making me laugh. What skill was involved in the use of Fox anyway? You macro it onto Steady or Cobra if you need to move, and macro Hawk back onto your primary shots. All the while, you're repeatedly hearing the aspect noise every time you shoot.

There is no dumbing down going on here. It's the removal of an ability that was rendered useless by macros, and I for one welcome the change.

Quote Originally Posted by Boos View Post
    yea nice buff...what if boss is on 20% ore some kind of orb and you press cast Cobra shot but you need stop cast and do Kill Shot ...what you neeed macro that stop cast and do Kill shot ha ha ....this is shit
    "ESC".
    Have a /stopcasting macro (should for the likes of Spirit kings Heroic anyway with this comming change).

I dont want to go into a rant about why or why not aspects are a vital part of the hunter class. I believe the reason behind all of this though is really to just buff the MM spec up to were they would like to see it and bring the class up as a whole in PvE. Movement yes, should be a penalty against your damage but it shouldn't cripple it. This change is "cushioning" that. And if Im not mistaken, MM damage sims very close to BM damage. Here it is

http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/11/08/sc...nship-hunters/

Quote Originally Posted by Boos View Post
    I lol'd.