Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    Hi, I know you are probably a republican and don't really care about the truth, but I thought I would leave this here just in case:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickunga...-barack-obama/
    I hope you realize that those numbers are what they in large part because of the lack of revenues... People don't have jobs.

Consider your article and who it was written by: Rick Ungar, Contributor, Writing from the left on politics and policy.

He's not lying, he's just not telling you the whole truth or why the numbers are what they are -- if he did, then his entire argument falls apart..

Is there also any news about the fiscal cliff in the US or are you guys just going to plunge in on january first? Because as I understand it, there won't be much work done because of the elections.

And if it all gets set into motion, it will be cost many jobs and increase taxes for everybody right away.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    While Obama should be praised for bringing Iraq to a close, he's ratcheted up spending in Afganistan by very large sums: http://costofwar.com/publications/20...r-afghanistan/
    and that was needed , in case you missed it , the Taliban was actually winning back portions of the country because, well , the US militairy were busy in Iraq for absolutly no valid reason. So imo , you can again blame Bush for Obama having to do this, it is a direct result of the wrong decicions made by the earlier administration. .....
    Last edited by mmocffc62feb06; 2012-10-19 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolson13 View Post
    Is there also any news about the fiscal cliff in the US or are you guys just going to plunge in on january first? Because as I understand it, there won't be much work done because of the elections.

And if it all gets set into motion, it will be cost many jobs and increase taxes for everybody right away.
    There's conflicting viewpoints and a lot of cynicism, and it's virtually all about politics.

Some think Romney and the Republicans will allow the US to go over the fiscal cliff to intentionally create a financial crisis just before Romney takes office, and then to solve it shortly after taking office. That way everything bad on the economy that happens in his Presidency he can blame on Obama (also undermining Obama's economic record in the process), and there is much more room for improvement to give himself credit for even though it would be solving an artificial and temporary crisis boosting his results.

However, some think Romney will want the crisis averted to make things easier on himself, even if it means it will be harder to then pass blame back onto Obama.

Some think that if Obama wins, Republicans will intentionally let the US go over the cliff and not work with him to fix it as they eye the 2014 midterms.

Others think that there is too much local pressure to avoid the cuts that Congress will insist on avoiding it once the next President is decided.

IOW, nobody really knows.

This just in: Congress makes the budget.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    The republicans believe that:

-We should always be at war.

-We should profit from our prisoners.

-We should take away all regulation and unions, then let businesses do what they want to their employees, including hiring children.

-Gay people should not serve our country in the military.

-Gay people should not have the same rights or protections as straight people.

-Women's reproductive rights should be determined by men.

-If you are not white, you should always be treated with suspicion.

I can go on. They are not the party to vote for if you care about this country and the people around you.

They are the party to vote for if you are a white male who looks out for himself above all others.

This is coming from a college-educated straight white male. I'm going to apologize to the few of you who can't handle the truth up front: retreat to your security blankets / fairy tales if you need to.
    This is a great post. I can't imagine why someone with your insight has been banned from this forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Can you tell me how much of the debt is owned by China? I'll wait...
    I'll answer that one for you, it's 7%.

I got an email from Mitt Romney with the exact message in the OPs post.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__