Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    No, a Black Hole is a quantity of matter confined into a singularity of space. A vacuum is a volume of space completely devoid of any matter whatsoever.
    Which is why you CANT SEE a black hole because its dark matter, Light bends around it. And no, a Vacuum does have matter, everything in the universe is made up of some type of matter. There is no such thing as "no matter".

Unless you consider a Vacuum a rip in the fabric of matter, there's just no plausible way to explain that there is no matter inside a Vacuum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
    I should never have mentioned the Chaos Bolt nerf until it was datamined. That alone is grounds for termination and I did so in a resentful way that made Blizzard look bad.
    Xelnath, is that you posting in my thread on the level 5 Warlock or is it an impostor? Please let me know.

That's the real me.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the real me.
    Aye, aye.

/5char

The only thing I wanted to say is that I was a blizzard fan ever since WarCraft II and StarCraft. Now I play League of Legend and dont plan on ever buying a Blizzard product ever again.

Blizzard projects has been made to monetize their games with digital items as much as possible just looks at what they say on their corporate site. The basic fact is that players dont like to pay cash for in game stuff. Last few project like SC2 (only one campaign with the 2 other being released several years later is not what the fans wants). Diablo3 with dumbdown skills ans RMAH is not what fans want and the new dumbdown WOW with Pandas with pet battles that you can buy for money is not what people want.

That said Riot has taken blizzard place, they are giving so much value to the players in every possible details like new music for new champions on login or all the effort made in e-sport. I just hope Riot doesn't get bought by an activision like company which focus on making money thru the excessive sale of digital items instead of making their players happy.
    Last edited by Vladar; 2012-10-25 at 02:46 AM.

The last thing I committed before I left yesterday was a new visual, made by the incredibly talented art team at Blizzard. I hope you guys love it.
    I can say that I am displeased with xel being fired. However, what is the new visual we are talking about? Will it be available on a next build?

10+ Year Old Account
    I just love hearing about a CB nerf without compensation. Let's fuck up Destro...yay

I should never have mentioned the Chaos Bolt nerf until it was datamined. That alone is grounds for termination and I did so in a resentful way that made Blizzard look bad.
    While I understand that there are certain rules in place, some of them should seriously be re-evaluated if that was indeed the drop that caused a waterfall. Knowing beforehand about buff/nerfs, and the reason for them, would definitely make things go a lot smoother around here.

This is just not cool.

How dare you discuss game design and upcoming changes with a passionate and interested playerbase! You bastard.

But seriously.

Hopefully you inspire some policy changes if nothing else. I disagree with you all the time, but having an open discussion (even when we don't get why you can't see our points) with the players who care enough to post on forums is good for the game. I feel better about things because of the interaction and acknowledgement of our concerns. Leave it to bliz to kill the only part of the class design process I wasn't frustrated with. Will miss the back and forth.

At least you don't have to put up with us anymore

The last thing I committed before I left yesterday was a new visual, made by the incredibly talented art team at Blizzard. I hope you guys love it.
    Sad to read what happend, would have liked for you to stick around since you seem to be the only designer that interacted directly with the playerbase, asking the players what they want is something more games should do, anyway good luck and hope you find something else to work with that is fun for you to do

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by paulywally View Post
    Which is why you CANT SEE a black hole because its dark matter, Light bends around it. And no, a Vacuum does have matter, everything in the universe is made up of some type of matter. There is no such thing as "no matter".

Unless you consider a Vacuum a rip in the fabric of matter, there's just no plausible way to explain that there is no matter inside a Vacuum.
    It's not dark matter, dark matter is something else entirely. The reason you cannot see a black hole is because the gravity is so strong that light is pulled back into it. A hard vacuum contains no liquid, no solid, no gas, no plasma, nothing. A black hole contains all these things within a singularity.

How did they think they could sugar-coat it? Nerfing it makes them look bad after GC defended it in his tweet, and it's admitting a mistake in letting it through design in the first place. I'm not sure how sacking the guy who pre-empted the inevitable makes them look any better :\
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2012-10-25 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    How did they think they could sugar-coat it? Nerfing it makes them look bad after GC defended it in his tweet, and it's admitting a mistake in letting it through design in the first place. I'm not sure how sacking the guy who pre-empted the inevitable makes them look any better :\
    It was also the fact that he made out that Cataclysm was all his idea, and how he was walking on thin ice with the team (used up his political power.) He then in the apology said how it was a team effort. This type of outburst basically says that one can force an idea through, it also says that the team is an oppressive entity trying to shut down the visionaries.

It is a terrible loss for the class, but it did make blizz look bad on a few levels. I understand why they did it, especially if this was the last in a long line of infractions.

Sorry to see you go Xel. I used to work in the industry also and the entire company is like one fucked up game of survivor, with you just being the poor fellow booted off the Island this time. I know you cant admit it but when you say "Political favor used up" I know exactly what you mean, and I remember once more why I hate Greg Street. He is a shitty dev / boss who should of never gotten the job he did. We all know why he got his post though. Thats all that need be said.